Seleção 2013 - General discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    10 selections? We can't even find a decent young right back to blood in the team! I think for you to name 10 would take you a good week and by the end of it you would end up with sub 16 players!

SweetLife repped this.
  2. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have good players but, no special talents. Neymar could be a special talent but, he could also be a flop and dancing at AC Milan 10 years from now like Robinho currently is. A Bench-warmer.

3. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly you have many average players which would be considered a delight for countries outside of the top30 in FIFA to have but, for a topmost team there needs to be more quality.

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not trolling. Brazil still has much better players than almost every team in the top 20 and probably has more depth than any team in the top 20.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    U said BADstuber and Boateng are better than Dante... cmon bro. Yellow well deserved.

7. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Any new potential players from the state cups that might get a call up.

8. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Sweetlife!
    You come here with a very negative and stupid attitude.
    Sure Brasil has a tough time and is rebuilding the team
    but to say :
    "You have good players but, no special talents. Neymar could be a special talent but, he could also be a flop and dancing at AC Milan 10 years from now like Robinho currently is. A Bench-warmer. "
    is just stupid.
    Obviously he is a special talent and could become a great player
    and Brasil is the biggest talent factory.
    Also players like Oscar in Chelsea, Lucas in PSG and Coutinho in Liverpool
    are definatley among the greatest talents of the world.
    One can of course argue about whether it is good or bad for Neymar
    to stay in Brasil or not, but I would suggest for You to change Your attitude.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No lol. State Cups are a terrible way to find and evaluate players for the NT.

10. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    How ironic because it was the standard at one time.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol, thats true, but I think the State Cups have ran their course. Its something traditional now. Waste of time tbh.. Mauling down the Monte Azuls and Oestes of the world.

12. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    I concur ...The state confederations are a thing of the past. The attendances are meager unless its a 2nd tier team. I always think the state cups should be incorporated into the Copa do Brasil or Brasileirao. I thought they almost had it with the champions of champions cup years ago but it didn't avail.

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Why do people even respond to Sweetlife?

14. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Come in, No. 9? Brazil’s striker scarcity

Given that Nene had never been called up to represent Brazil and was thought to be talking to Santos FC -- where a certain Neymar rules the roost -- it was quite surprising how much national discussion was dedicated to his career decisions after he found himself without a guaranteed first-team spot at Paris Saint-Germain. Far from being sheer madness, the attention was justified by Nene -- now with Al-Gharrafa -- being a one-eyed king amongst blind subjects. With his 21 goals for PSG in the 2011-12 season (tied with Olivier Giroud), Nene managed a mean feat in being the only Brazilian to finish as the top scorer in a major European league in recent seasons.
    http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/3912?cc=5901

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    "No.9" "Nene"

:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Santista1962 and benni... repped this.
  16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Rafael played well.

Ribo_2006 repped this.
  17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Shakhtar gets blasted 3-0 to Dortmund...

I think I saw what I had to, from the Brazilian contingent in Ukraine.

18. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is the squad for Brazil's next game.
    Brazil:
    Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Queens Park Rangers), Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense).
    Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Filipe Luis (Atletico de Madrid), David Luiz (Chelsea), Dede (Vasco da Gama), Dante (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain).
    Midfielder: Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires (Chelsea), Jean (Fluminense), Fernando (Gremio), Luiz Gustavo (Bayern Munich), Kaka (Real Madrid), Hernanes (Lazio), Oscar (Chelsea), Lucas (Paris Saint-Germain).
    Forwards: Diego Costa (Atletico de Madrid), Neymar (Santos), Fred (Fluminense), Hulk (Zenit).

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130305/brazil-kaka-ronaldinho.ap/#ixzz2Mhpwaube

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An A-okay call-up. Well done on discarding Ronaldinho and Arouca, and while I feel there are better options than Kaka, so long as he isn't starting, he's a good nifty squad player who is humble, works hard, and doesn't complain on the bench.

20. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Rafael done great, with another year or two behind him, I have no doubts he'll be the starting Rb for Brazil. Alves and Maicon are slowly declining, Rafael just lacks some discipline and maturity that will come with age etc.

21. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Kaka back on the NT? Why not call Zero Roberto? He is far from has been status compared to R10,Kaka,Diego and Robinho..No Ralf?

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't agree. It thought it was neither great nor bad. Didn't get exposed because there weren't any real 1 x 1s on his side. He was out of position quite a few times. Vidic and Rio did a great job covering for him when he was out. And he had brain fart in the first half where he just turned into danger and just gave the ball away in his own box. That is what worries me the most. He has weak situation awareness. He needs to improve that quite a bit.

SweetLife repped this.
  23. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Rafael makes the brazilian generic RB NT position look very frail. Looking for the RB position is running out of time and its time to implement a new strategy because the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised Scolari calling Cafu out of retirement.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This. Brasil doesn't need another offensive fullback. They need a guy that is very intelligent and disciplined that understands the game well enough to cover for the CBs and make timely runs when the game calls for it. The perfect fit was Maicon during the last Copa. I'm not saying he should be re-called, I'm just pointing out the type of player and role that is sorely needed.

SweetLife repped this.