Seleção 2013 - General discussion II [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    A loss of words

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  2. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC

The "protesters" (really, they are just a bunch of spoiled brats and pitiful bums) aren't even the .05% of the population.

Second, our five stars were earned because we had great TEAMS, not players. Great players in our teams came as a consequence of our preparations done here. The problem right now is that there are too many stupid people in Brazil that think Pele and 1958 was an accident when, in fact, it was the fruit of good preparations that went as far back as 1946.

There is nothing that is preventing Scolari from taking the best in the Brasileirao and have them together for 2-4 months before the WC to tune-them up together like we did in our first three wins. Not doing so is merely being lazy.

Corruption plagues every nation in the world. Boo-hoo! You are very naive if you think an operation like this would get off completely scott-free. And as I suspect, you know very little of the situation.

Lula set a budget for the WC and Summer Olympics. That budget is 13.6 billion dollars. We just went over the half-way limit and our stadiums and infrastructures are almost done. We are doing pretty good.

As for Neymar? Sorry. But the only way he would not appear in the WC is injury and a serious one. I don't want our WC, which we are spending billions on, to market Barcelona or none of that European shit. And if someone needs to break his leg in two to prevent that waste of money, so be it.

FYI, the Olympics in Montreal and Athens failed for one reason and one reason only: extremely poor planning into the future. So poor that they make Rio's state government seem professional. They only really invested in large stadiums and temporary solutions into the transportation and housing issue.

Hell! Montreal is still paying off the hosting of the 1976 Olympics as we speak.

Atlanta, on the other hand, not only became the most financially-profitable Olympics in history (even today) but they have already paid off the costs of the hosting duties. Atlanta, before 1996, was no different than, say, Curitiba.

That was the rewards for proper planning of the facilities on the aftermath of the Olympics. The rooms the athletes stayed at are currently dorms for Georgia State. MARTA provides great railway and bus connections everywhere. Midtown and Buckhead continue to boom. Downtown became a cultural iconmark.

As I have said many times: good organization and planning is how we won WCs.

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Honestly I'm not even going to quote you santista you write too much nonsense. I'll address one of your points to try and see where you are coming from. So you dont want Neymar to showcase in the world cup because you dont want to showcase european clubs. Well once again I ask you would you be happy with an all brasilian based team? A team without neymar, lucas moura, thiago silva, marcelo and all the players playing in europe. How is that showcasing brasilian football if that team might not even get out of group.

[]__[]

4. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ******** off you idiot, why hasn't he been banned? He is dragging the Brazilian section down with his vile comments.

drc003 repped this.
  5. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I would be happy with a Brazilian team BASED on the Brasileirao. That means that, at best, we should have four European-based players in our regular lineup. As you can imagine, I would wish to have a full-Brasileirao lineup but I know that realistically, there are too many obstacles for that. This is the best I could hope for.

There is plenty of time to build a great backbone based on players that play in Brazil.

Bernard could easily take over Neymar's role. Especially with the way AM are performing lately. Never mind that AM has the pull to keep him until after the WC.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kill my curiosity Santista1962, what's your all-Brasileirão team?

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    And here I thought Santista and PuertoRicane were the same person..

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Disgusting comments about wishing injury on Neymar. He said the same thing in Mexican forum thread.

worms and drc003 repped this.
  9. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that clown has been set to ignore. One idiotic post, maybe you're having a bad day. However to follow some of his ridiculous vile with hoping a player breaks their leg and then actually trying to support why is pathetic.

worms repped this.
  10. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

.............. Damiao.....Pato............
    Bernard................................Leandro
    ..............Ganso.......Paulinho..............
    Santos.....Dede....Rhodolfo..........Jean
    .......................Jefferson.........................

that would be my all brasilian team but honestly leaving out lucas moura, neymar, marcelo, oscar is not the way to promote the best of brasilian football

[]__[]

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

You my friend must be outdated from the current Brasileirao.. Ganso?? Leandro?? Santos?? Dede?? Pato?? really... Even Damiao???

Smh @ No Fred and Tardelli..

btw he said Santista not, Puertorricane.. unless.. lulz..

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's yours?

13. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    tardelli? LOL ok then lets see your complete line up so i can laugh some more

[]__[]

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would definitely go with Diego Tardeli. He is a craque, and I was actually disappointed that Jo was chosen instead of DT, but Jo seems to be working out, so kudos to Felipao on that one.

15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yeah the craque and most valuable player of last years brasileirao and a guy that has arguably had the best libertadores would make you laugh

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    -----Osvaldo-----------------Fred------------Montillo----
    ----------------------------Seedorf-------------------------
    -----------------paulinho--------------Jadson------------
    -------------------------------Ralf------------------------
    ------------Rever--------------Dede-------------Gum

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Cadu Moreno Rafinha
    Carceres Gabriel Elias
    Joao Paulo Gonzalez Samir Leo Moura
    Felipe

/thread

Mengão86 repped this.
  18. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep they both make me laugh neither fred nor tardelli are selecao material

[]__[]

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

How can you even say this??? Yes, Fred the only striker who seems to score is not selecao material.. Nor is Tardelli a catalyst a big one at that for a potential Copa Libertadores team.. you have to be trollin me.

U said Ganso though... GANSO! LMAO I don't think any line-up can get anymore historical than that.

Santista1962 repped this.
  20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You just contradicted yourself in these two sentences. First you said Brazil won 5 World Cups between 1958 and 2002 due to great teams and not great players, and then you claim those players were great because of preparations.

I won't question the preparations.

But...

1958. Were great players so scarce in Brazil that Brazil had to bring the teenage boy with the #10 jersey? No great players here. Move along. Never mind.

1962. Somebody please tell me the name of that #7 who scored the first two goals? He wasn't great, was he?

1970. Rivelino? Carlos Alberto? Jairzinho? Who? And Pelé? They couldn't have been that great. Or great at all. Nah. No way.

1994. Anybody ever hear of these guys? Surely none ever played for great European sides, did they? Especially not that short dude wearing #11 - not him!

2002. The far east is visited by a bunch of pernas-de-pau: Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, and an absolute nobody named Ronaldo...

21. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    These are some of the greatest players of all time.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    No they aren't! Brazil didn't win 5 World Cups because of "great players!" :p:D:rolleyes:;)

23. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    still waiting for your line up..... Jo has scored more in less minutes than fred at the CC

[]__[]

24. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    [​IMG]

Please...go pick up a book, read something. Stop making an ass out of yourself by talking about things you don't know.

Pele, for example, was the product of Athie Jorge Cury and Lula, a product that took three previous generations (to him) to create.

Great and feasible preparations is how we won WCs. There is absolutely no success when one has great players and no preparation and we have seen plenty of examples of that.

Preparation is how we transformed our players from good to great.

But you know next to nothing about Brazilian football so I will let you be.

You are the epitome of Brazilians today: you don't even know your own history or how we became successful in the first place. That is why the half-ass ways we got today aren't getting us nowhere.

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Pelé was the product of those two individuals, and he had no talent of his own. He wasn't a great player. And this includes Garrincha, Vava, Zito, Zagallo, Rivelino, Carlos Alberto, Tostao, Jairzinho, Romario, Bebeto, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo... right. No great players. :rolleyes:

You trash talk, and so very arrogantly so, anytime anybody challenges you. You are unable to engage in civilized exchanges, as you demonstrated when you called that young woman in the video posted by another person a "slut" and a gangbanger.

I never thought I'd say this, but I totally understand why some Argentines in the other forums are tired of you. You're rude and you cannot engage in respectful disagreement. Anybody who doesn't think like you is either ignorant or stupid or both. Recently, I engaged in a PM exchange with an Argentine with whom I previously had a very heated discussion; the animus was palplable. He was trash-talking us - our country, our soccer. I said something kind and he responded by apologizing and directly stating he regretted what he said. He and I will not agree on the issue that led us to publicly "fight" - but at the very least we agreed to disagree, and amicably so. You can't even do that.

I can't help but chuckle that your team went after a manager (Marcelo Bielsa) who is from Argentina, a country whose soccer tradition you've been condemning and vilifying in the most inflammatory of terms for months. Santos gave up on him, and now they're courting Gerardo Martino, another Argentine. Wouldn't it be ironic if under Martino's coaching, Santos wins the tetracampeonato of the Libertadores in 2014 or 2015? Yes, you think the Libertadores is meaningless, but still... suppose Santos won the 2013 Campeonato Brasileiro with him. Santos, champion of Brazil with a coach from the animalistic soccer tradition of Argentina? The horror!!!!!!! Will you turn into a palmeirense if that happens? Oh wait, Palmeiras once played as Brazil in a friendly with an Argentine manager. How foolish of me.

And your team's website, as I told you months ago, continues to claim that it is a world champion thanks to the Copa Intercontinental wins it had over European sides in the 1960s, even though you think everything other than Brazilian domestic tournaments is garbage. Go run for Santos' offices - given how tupiniquim you are and how much you know about Brazilian soccer, to the extent you claim Pelé wasn't a great player. I'm sure Santos' management disagrees with you, because I'm sure they would've liked it if Santos eliminated Corinthians and beat Boca Juniors in 2012.

Congratulations, Santista1962. You're the first BigSoccer poster - and I've been here for 10 years - that I'll ever put on ignore. It's too bad it's a fellow Brazilian. Not an American, not an Argentine - a Brazilian. Fui e fui tarde.