Seleção 2013 - General discussion II [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Do what you want!

2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Nah, too many pull outs. Forget him. We are reasonably strong at central defence.

3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What of Santana from Borussia Dortmund? Put in solid performance against Shakhtar in the CL yesterday. Just curious if anyone rates him.

4. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Maybe he'll get a chance, but there are many options in this position. Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Dante, Dedé, Miranda, Alex and others as Marquinhos, Castán, Juan, Réver, Rodolfo...

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Juan and Rodolfo? Esquece esses, são fracos.

6. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Também acho. Não acredito que serão chamados para algum amistoso e ambos não tem qualidade suficiente para estar na Seleção, mas foi só pra mostrar que Felipe Santana tá nesse 'bolo' na cabeça de Felipão, eu acho. E são só quatro jogadores na Copa sendo que Thiago Silva e David Luiz estão garantidos. Réver é outro que eu nunca fui fã, no melhor momento dele, ele nao foi metade do que Dedé fez até a lesão de 2012.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Réver é melhor que esses dois citados ai. O problema dele é que as vezes faz umas malaquices.

Pra mim, os 4 zagueiros são Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Dante e Dedé/Marquinhos/Alex.

MatthausSammer - isn't Felipe Santana BVB's 3rd CB? I've always thought he was a fairly average CB that is most known for his header goals on set pieces.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lucas Gomes Mágico da bola? Sei não, mas pode ser o mágico das mulheres :p

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Hahaha, se eu fosse feio pra caralho e tão rico, eu também não teria vergonha nenhuma.

10. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    hahaha queria ver a resposta da reporter.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hahah ela ficou calada, sem resposta

12. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    O melhor é o riso doido dele quando dava olhada pela câmera.

13. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He can kid all he wants. Ele esta jogando muita bola!

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    BRUNO, ex goalie of Flamengo and Brasilian NT prospect convicted of murdering his girlfriend, feeding her corpse to the Pitbull dogs, and then burying her underground. His sentence? 23 years but get this, in 3 years he will be out free reporting to prison only at night. Topic is relevant since Bruno was the number 1 prospect for goalie of our NT.
    In Brasil the maximum sentence for first degree, premeditated murder is 25 years, out in 10 with good behaviour. No prison sentence if you are over 70 years of age.
    In the USA they lock you up and throw away the key, no second chance, even for petty crimes.
    Brasil is the other extreme which is why you can steel all you want in Brasil and get away with it. I agree with the Brasilian constitution of limiting excess punishment, providing second chances, etc.. but not in cases as Bruno. Can you believe that in 3 years Bruno will probably be playing goalie again?
    Hell Bruno may even be a prospect for the 2018 World Cup.

15. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Bruno never had capacity to play in Seleção.

16. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bullshit. He was the number one prospect before the conviction.

17. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Never was. He had some good moments, but failed many times in 2009 and 2010. It was not totally reliable. And wasn't living a good moment in 2010. Bruno was overestimated by their ability to defend PKs. His best years were in 2008-2009. Dunga called eight GKs during the four years, three who played in Brazil (Renan, Victor, Fábio) and never called Bruno.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was one of the better GKs in Brazil at the time, but I agree, he wasn't NT worthy yet. He was 25 when the news broke, so if he had improved during this time, I think he could have been an option. He had all the attributes you look for in a good GK -- decent on crosses, good shot stopper, good PK stopper, good link up (reposição de bola), but he would have these mental lapses and let in goals he shouldn't have. I think if he worked on reducing those mistakes, he could have been an option.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he is a backup at Dortmund so no one really rates him lol.

20. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You seem to misunderstand the entire discussion here.
    I am not going by your opinion , or my opinion, or anybody's opinion of weather Bruno deserved a call up or not. I am going by the facts that Bruno would have been called up, was he not arrested. I am not talking about the Dunga era. I am talking about the Mano era. Mano when assuming coaching post in July of 2010 stated numerous times in entrevistas that Bruno would be called up. Bastidores as well stated in numerous talk shows that Bruno would be called up.
    But...in the same exact month, before Mano's first call up in late July 2010 of our NT team in a friendly against the USA, Bruno was arrested.
    You can be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that if Bruno would not have been arrested in early July of 2010, that Mano would have called Bruno for the friendly against the USA. These are the facts.

21. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    You're just going by your opinion. Be less arrogant, because isn't talking about facts.

There is no indication that Bruno would be called to the Seleção.

And I wanted to see some 'words' of Mano Menezes on it, because I've never seen.

22. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Shouldn't you be out somewhere celebrating Vasco's victory instead of at the computer posting on BS?
    There is no opinion on my side and no arogance at all. Just because you never heard Mano's and other bastidores expressions on Bruno's presence in the Selecao prior to his arrest does not mean it never happened. The facts are that there was high probability based on these interviews and discussions that Bruno would have been called up in the friendly against USA in July of 2010 was he not arrested.

Anyway just drop it because Bruno deserves to be jalied for life and regretably he will probably be wearing a goalie jersey in 3 years time.

23. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    :confused::confused:

End of discussion. When you admit that this is just a baseless assumption, we turn to talk.

24. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry about the loss, maybe next turno junto com Mengao.

Mengão86 repped this.
  25. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Tranquilo, se o Rafinha resolver aparecer de verdade, teremos um jogo.