Seleção 2012 - General discussion and news [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    Does anyone else here read the Brazil blog on worldcupblog.org? I haven't been able to access it for days now and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    If I wanted useless info on Brazilian futebol I would read a Tim Vickery article.

3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
  4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think people need to have some patience with Kaka. After all the coach clearly has no confidence in Kaka, and this surely effects his performance, not to mention he is slowly returning afer extended time out.
    I still consider Kaka as our true #10. But Kaka needs to get out of RM ASAP.

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1 person likes this.
  6. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I’m a Kaka fan but I’m no longer confident he will ever return to the great player he once was. Clearly the RM move was a set-back in his career. He admitting to it or not it’s pretty obvious. Also his injuries didn’t help. It’s kinda frustrating watching him play because just when you think he's over the hump, he goes out there and performs like total crap. In a way I’m kinda happy RM was eliminated and he missed a PK. Maybe this will be his wake-up call if he has any motivation to return to the Selecao.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well ... he said yet again he wants to stay at Madrid. Honestly he has been slowly returning for a year now.

I don't question his dedication. Some players are just never the same after certain injuries whether the problems is physical or psychological. Look at what happened to Torres after his injury.

As you said, there is still time for him. But that window is closing down very quickly.

8. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Injury free KAKA at his prime (2006) was very disappointing in the WC. He did have some good games under Dunga but 2010 WC was again very disappointing.Can Brazil go for another gamble with him at this stage? I don't know -But if the other option is Ronaldinho then yes Kaka even with this form is a better player than current Ronaldinho.

9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Both clubs confirmed that Dante (Dante Bonfim Costa Santos) has changed from Borussia Mönchengladbach to Bayern München. Will he finally get a call up?

10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Well, we will find out on 11th May, the date of squad announcement for games v Denmark in Hamburg (and USA, Mexico and Argentina, all 3 in the US)

11. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see Kaka maybe making the squad as an experienced player but, with Brazil's midfield talent(some who don't even get looked at) it will be hard to justify his inclusion for any coach.

Either way he is good enough to keep an eye on at least.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    wouldn't hold my breathe. the pecking order works like this.

Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Dede, ???? Dante might be fighting with like Luisao for that 4th.

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dunno why would Kaka have to get out of Madrid in order to contribute for Brazil. If he can't play well enough in a top level club to earn lots of minutes and deliver, then it's kinda hard to see him as an asset against top national teams (whose players earn those minutes in Madrid and elsewhere).

14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Well Diego scored today in Atletico Madrid's win in the UEFA cup final and he has had a great season...i say he deserves a call up....what do u guys think?

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    nope.. he had his shot.. garbo. Even when he was in his prime with Werder Bremen, he never really looked convincing for Brazil. btw where would he play?

16. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you don’t think Diego is deserved of a call-up, then what other MF's would you consider? I personally think he's been playing way better than Kaka and Ronaldinho. So imo he should be looked at by Mano.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Like I said depends where you'd put him... certainly he wouldn't start over Neymar or Hulk on the sides and he definitely wouldn't start over Ganso in the middle.

18. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Diego is not competing against Hulk or Neymar. More so Ganso. He would be a good option to have on the bench if you think Ganso should be a starter. Guess we'll find out what kinda team Mano is calling tomorrow.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Don't tell me you don't think Ganso should be a starter :sleep:

20. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Dunga's counter attacking style never suited him...He should be given a chance now since both Ganso and Ronaldinho were failures so far!!!

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One thing we can expect is the unexpected from Mano I'm hoping I see Arouca and Vagner love called up both deserve the oppurtunity.

My opinion on Diego is mixed we need to keep in perspective this has been pretty much his only long run of good form in 2 or 3 years. Him at Juventus and Werder Bremen was hard to watch.

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope everyone saw Gansos performance today, it should quiet the diego talk.

23. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    No doubt, but certainly not the right game to judge someone off of, right? You could probably make a case for 3 other players to play on the national team, after a game like that.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You really need to remove that video off your signature my friend. :D