Seleção 2012 - General discussion and news [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Which is what I've been trying to get at. Casting the wider net to prevent our biggest rivals from capping players that will help them.

The blanket statement about Brazilian midfielders having no success in England is irrelevant when they transfer at 14. Why? Because they are already in the English system at a young age. So, it is not the same as Kleberson, Possebon, or Juninho Paulista, the most successful Brazilian to have played in England. The fact is we will have a very talented Brazilian, training for one of the best clubs in the world. Manchester has never had the need to develop attacking midfielders because like Madrid, they'd rather win now and buy the players. Or they've had untouchable legends playing on the pitch -- like Keane and Giggs. They've also realized, probably, that they dont have the financial clout to keep on buying expensive players. So, they have to develop them.

Again, these players might not pan out, and they probably won't. But we lose nothing in involving them in our youth systems. The scouting in Europe is the responsibility of CBF. In Brazil, it's much more decentralized and is left to the big clubs. Jean Chera was playing for a very small club in Parana. What happened when that video hit the internet? Santos bought him immediately. The net is cast quite wide already in Brazil.

With respect to Dortmund, they have always been one of the biggest clubs in Germany. So they're finally good again after 7 years of mediocrity. Doesn't change anything. It's all about their historical youth development as well. And if you look at the players that they've developed...well.... I just need to bring up Sahin and now Gotze, the brightest teenage talent in the world alongside Neymar. Dortmund has developed both of those guys. So with their scouting, they feel that this Brazilian kid is worthy of a spot on their youth team. That is a huge vote of confidence, if you ask me, especially when you consider they fought off Bayern to get him.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Re: Seleção 2011 - General discussion and news [R]

this argument is going in circles. Grrrrrr. :)

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo

i give up. :p

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

this kid Wellington Silva smh.. Another youngster who was far better off staying in Brazil, ruining his career abroad.

When will they ever learn... was Keirrison not an example big enough!?!

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Ganso better get his sh1t together. The boy sure as hell thinks he can play in the midfield without running much. He barely even works hard to get himself free. I do not like what I am seeing. Today was a game to leave everything on the field. If that's all he has, it's bye-bye Selecao.

6. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Ganso was one of the better players for Santos today. But taking into consideration that you are playing against the best team in the world, and one of the best teams of all time, a team that controls 80 percent posession of the ball, and you are playing basically your first international title game at age 20, Ganso did not do so bad.
    This game today will only add to the growth and maturity of both Neymar and Ganso.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yes he was. He did good/quick passes when the ball got to him. I didn't expect him to control the game against Barcelona. No way that was going to happen. But I'd like to see him work harder off the ball. His work rate is truly concerning for a player of his age. Making a few quick passes when he gets the ball is not enough.

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007

I agree with celito, his work-rate is disgusting and it has been that way since the Copa America. As it stand right now, Mano should leave him off the team until he improve massively and also he should know this is the Brazil NT your spot is always in jeopardy.

9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

All it takes is one pass to win the final of the Copa Do Mundo, and Ganso has prooved over and over again that he delivers that pass, as he did yesterday to Neymar numerous times, and as he did in the semi finals. Ganso is an absolute must as our #10 as there is nobody else now (perhaps Kaka depending on his injury development) that has the qualities of the #10. OK, maybe Ganso does not run like a chicken with head cut off, but if you look at every single genius #10, it is alwasy the same complaints, " he is too slow", "he does not run enough", "his work rate is bad", etc.. as has been said about Fabergass, Riquelmi, Ricardinho, etc..

That's just the way it is. The classic #10, who is brilliant with the ball, will never be a decapitaded chicken head running on the field. He is always going to look slower than the marking CM or defensive DM, because the classic #10 is a genius and not a race horse.

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007

What about Zidane or Socrates? They were classic #10 brilliant on the ball, slow but that does not mean they just stood around like Ganso does. They made intelligent off the ball movement, made themselves available deeper and wider something Ganso does not do at all. One of the reason he was easily shut down in the Copa America.

Also, working hard does not mean running around like a headless chicken either; it about being much more mobile and dynamic and also tracking back and doing some defensive work. Fabregas, Xavi all do defensive work without playing like Ramires for example

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

I tend to go along with those who say he is not mobile enough but then I thought: isn't this what Socrates' was saying? Every footballer now has to be an athlete. Is there no room for the artists? (and Socrates was a fan of Ganso). Just a thought.

PS - ESPN's expert summariser, Stewart Robson, was saying that he has seen Ganso in youth tournaments and the Copa America and, like me, he is still to be convinced. So, I am not sure if I am in Socrates' camp or Robson's camp when judging Ganso!

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Sorry ... at 22 I believe those guys were much more mobile than him. Fabregas is running his ass off at Barcelona. I am not talking only about defending a little bit. When his team has the ball he seems to not want to get open. A #10 always needs to make himself available to setup plays.

And if you're going to be an attacking midfielder for Brazil who doesn't defend, you can't just assist. You have to be expected to also score. But if you are going to be more central and make quick passes from deeper positions, then you have to assist in defending. That's my opinion.

13. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

I agree with the above.

He wont get away with that in European football, unless he moves to Italy, where players can play at walking pace sometimes.

Ganso wouuld need to have a team built around him. Like Villareal did for Riquelme.

EDIT: To add, look at other attacking midfielders in Europe. Specifically, Mario Goetze, Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen. All, imo are or will be 10's eventually in there career. But they are far more mobile. So much so, that they provide there team with tacitcal flexibility. They can play outwide as well.

Ganso can only play one position really.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Ganso is what Ronaldinho is NOW, but in shape.

15. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007

One of the reason the classic # 10 is a dying breed. Teams are opting for more mobile and dynamic players who are also tactically flexible in wide roles like you said. Ganso needs to improve massively if he plans to go to Europe.

It is a bad thing. In matter of fact, he worst than current Ronaldinho IMO.

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

Who is Brazil playing on next FIFA match date ?

Brazil vs Egypt been removed from fifa.com fixtures probably because Egypt have to play CAN 2013 qualifiers on Feb 29.

Italy or Spain still available...

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro

If you take out Ganso's supposed upside, the comparison is laughable actually. Right now, Ronaldinho is much much more productive. IMO if you swapped the 2 before the season. Santos wins the Brasileirao, and Flamengo ends up in the bottom half.

19. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Spain was supposed to play brazil, but brazil canceled the date in order to play egypt.....

20. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

You are asking us but we usually ask YOU! Good news they have cancelled that game - one game x Egypt is enough.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

Top 5 candidates:

- Spain
    - Italy
    - Turkey
    - USA
    - Serbia

Plus all CAN 2012 finals teams...

22. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Seleção 2011 - General discussion [R]

D.Alves is 3 years younger, so he will be better. And Daniel Alves is faster than Maicon

23. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

He is 2 years younger and I doubt if he is faster than Maicon.

24. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Re: Seleção 2011 - General discussion [R]

Daniel Alves never had a good game with Brazil in recent times...Moreover he was a defensive and tactical liability in many games he played under Mano...
    Maicon is a much better player than D.Alves.

25. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

nice, CBF keeping it classy.