Section 8 = Brilliant and The Soldier Field Five

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by alf, Oct 22, 2005.

1. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about "soccer mom" and "wuss", but I am pretty sure you're called a "tool" because, in fact, you are a tool.

Anyway, flares last night = awesome.

2. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Re: Section 8 = Disgraceful

Gotcha.

3. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So much resentment. Were you not allowed at the cool table in high school?

4. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't think anyone is criticising your status as a fan, obviously you are one, and certainly very dedicated.

But generally speaking we don't criticise the behavior in the club seats. Some people stay in the midfield seats because it suits their style better. Some stand in the ends because it suits their style better. To each their own.

Flags, banners, streamers, standing are all prohibited at SF too. But as we said before the security reaction to the pyro wasn't the problem, it was the postmortem that caused the real trouble.

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    good show for last game at SF :)

they were on our case last night too for "non child friendly language," maybe they were channeling meadowlands security :D

6. I thought the Monterrey people were spoiling for a fight from the opening whistle. Maybe a lot of them were recent hires POd about working a Friday night.

7. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the best part of the night was watching Rimando have to throw a roll of toilet paper off the field! He picked it up slowly and kind of stood there with it for a minute like, what the hell?? before tossing it away. Priceless!!

Section 8 you guys are fantastic!!! I'm eagerly awaiting our first match at Bridgeview.

8. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's a fair point. I saw a lot of faces Friday i haven't seen before for security.

9. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I saw it as wasting bit of time since we're fine with 0-0 :)

10. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Dear Alf, You have two other people agreeing with the rest not. In conclusion, you are wrong. Thanks and have a nice day.

11. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    So between this and what Liam said, it sounds possible that even if the flares and pyro never happened, that Monterrey might have been uppity and problems may have ensued? I guess I can buy that.

BTW, I talked to someone who was near the photographers on the field and he said he had to dodge a firecracker thrown by the section. The flares are cool, yeah, but throwing firecrackers...that may be line-toeing.

12. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Throwing firecrackers is assinine, the bottle-rocket was assinine, and in general throwing crap on the field is assinine. The smoke and the flares were awesome.

They smell bad, though.

13. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview
    Dont let the flare hit your ass on the way out of the stadium parking lot Alf.

Booo hooo. Why dont you go cry to your suburban peanut gallery at the Starbucks in Naperville. I am sure they would love to hear how bad you thought this was. Alot of agreement with your fellow women

14. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    It's amazing how the point of your posts go from "you disrespected the fire" to "getting arrested isn't cool".

Pick a topic and stick on it, no matter how far off base you are.

15. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars

Well, lets take this topic then Zach, shall we?

Throwing things onto the field.

Rimando was hit several times. I don't care if it was just paper or if it was bags full of urine or batteries. It does not matter. Objects are objects.

To whoever made the claim that you "razzled" Rimando: Yeah, ok. You really accomplished alot. He had to pick up a roll of paper and toss it off the field before he took his goal kick. Meanwhile, Brian Hall is giving Dave Sarachan a warning of the situation. But yeah, Rimando seemed really shaken up on all the goals he let in. Good thing Zach "Good with his feet" Thornton didn't trip over them during the fast half as well.

Some of you have stated that throwing things at players on the field is acceptable. "Its just paper". Well, I do not agree with this sentiment.

Feel free to stay on topic. Or you could just continue to bash me (because honestly, I really care what internet posters relaly think about me)

16. phantum

phantum New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    We are Chicago

Wrong answer he was allowing one of the D.irty C.unts to put on a long sleeve. But I too thought S8 was going to get a card.

17. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound

You're making the mistake of caring what Brian Hall thinks. He's subhuman, he doesn't matter (unless he screws your team out of a victory).

18. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Section 8 = Cooler than ALF

It's one thing to be of the opinion that you don't like streamers, it's quite another to start a thread calling S8C disgraceful.

It's especially stupid to do the morning after scores of Sec8'ers were roughed up and/or arrested by stadium security goons. If you don't care what posters say, why bait them?

19. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Section 8 = Cooler than ALF

Alf's PM: Which I may add came to me seconds after my post, so much for not caring what posters think of him....
    You are an idiot, not a single person was arrested for throwing tissue streamers on the field. Tell those arrested how "rightfully" their arrest was carried out. So much for solidarity amongst fans.
    Why did you PM me? Can't take the heat on the boards?

20. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    It would be a shame if the Fire turned into Metrostars West.

21. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    irregardless (I don't care to spell it correctly and I'll tell you why) is not only a double-negative but it is also not a word in the english language.

This is completely independant of the discussion at hand but that particular misuse of the english language drives me ********ing crazy.

22. LUDs Flag

LUDs Flag New Member

Sep 22, 2002
    Chicago

I don't mind going on the record saying this, and I have never met you in person (nor do I care to ), I hate you. Just one mans opinion.

23. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA

That is hilarious. Do you not realize how absurd your statement is?!

24. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What's the point of home field advantage if you can't throw crap at the opposing players? Parents do it in park district games and they should do in the pros too. I don't believe that the players are so high and mighty that they are above getting hit with the occasional wad of toilet paper.

I would also like to add (because I don't think everyone is grasping the technical-skill-greatness of the toilet paper incident), that the wad was thrown by a person born and raised in Europe... a person who never learned to throw a ball the way Americans learn to throw a baseball... and it was a wad of toilet paper that landed directly on target from 25 yards out. That's inhuman accuracy from someone who doesn't even really know how to throw.

Have you ever tried to throw a wad of toilet paper for distance and accuracy? The weight and aerodynamics of the situation make success almost impossible. And yet, it happened.

I agree with alf that section 8 is awesome. The rest of you can just go re-think your opinions!

25. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Why is it that you have one sentence in every post that seems to contradict everything else in the post and/or thread?