Section 8 = Brilliant and The Soldier Field Five

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by alf, Oct 22, 2005.

1. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Section 8's conduct during this game was completely out of line and out of control.

Way to throw objects onto the field and hit an opposing player. Yeah, thats real cool.

Way to bring in flares. Being a badass is so cool. Although one couldn't help but laugh as your own banners/flags caught on Fire.

Most of you should have been tossed from the stadium as you were throwing things onto the field. What happened at the end of the game was uncalled for.

You, in no way, helped your team tonight. I wouldn't be suprised if the team is fined or disciplined by the league because of your actions.

If this ends up costing you certain privledges in Bridgeview, you have no one to blame but yourself for your careless actions.

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Section 8 = Disgraceful

I thought the flares looked great.

3. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL

Can't stand wusses. Crumpled up confetti = an object to hit a player? Gimme a break.

And the flares did look cool... Everyone in my section thought the passion was awesome and vowed to buy season tickets if this is how the games are. Imagine if the Fire had actually played for real!!!

4. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought it looked cool too. Sounded great. I like flares, they are generally harmless. As for the signs getting burnt well thats just karma for a team called the Fire. ;)

As for the end of the game i didn't see it..what happened?

5. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, if there was ever a game to let it all hang out, it would be (potentially) the last ever Fire game at Solider Field...

6. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars

So you support fans throwing things onto the pitch? A?T PLAYERS?!? Paper or not, you do NOT throw things onto the field.
    If you want to fill up the endzone with streamers (which seemed just pointless after the intial throw, but for the next 5-10 minutes just to give the staff something to pick up) fine, but keep your ******** off the field.

You guys are so ********ing full of yourself.

7. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The only thing I witnessed that was disgraceful was the horrible ref that disallowed that goal. Yall were robbed tonight!

Brian Hall should be lit on fire!(joke) :D

8. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999

Don't agree with you. I don't see the harm with having paper on the field. It's less distracting then the orange "BEARS" written across the penalty box.

9. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL

Actually, I was in section 112 - throwing nothing. But totally unupset at recycled confetti being tossed onto the pitch.

Batteries? unacceptable. Anything remotely dangerous? unacceptable. A little paper, just to let you know you are within reach? Priceless.

10. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago

I don't sit in section 8.

I thought the flares were very cool. Maybe a bit dangerous, but it didn't look like anyone got burned.

Throwing streamers on the field is quite acceptable at soccer games.

11. Milhouse

Milhouse Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Clifton, NJ

I also saw the game on tv and it looked great with the flares, streamers, and confetti. I think all of the supporters clubs around the league are a bit jealous that you guys can pull things like that off.

12. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It would be one thing if Section 8 was actually TRYING to hit Nick Rimando with paper and stuff like that.....that's not cool at all.

But if they weren't doing that, then I don't see what the fuss is about. The flares in the stands just looked freakin badass and all of Section 8 really seemed into it. Well done tonight.

13. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech

and you aren't???

my guess is your wife throws stuff at you after sex, but you still go about doing the same thing, over and over again, and she throws the same dam vase at you over and over again,

so you took it personally when sec 8 did it to my team

its soccer, its the most passionate sport out there, and its not like it doesn't happen in other sports,

michigan going crazy over losing to ND this year

the browns getting screwed on a replay that forced the last 3 plays of the game to be played 3 hours after the stadium was cleared

the various baseball fiascos that have taken place, though not too often enough

stefan effenberg getting hit with a projectile while lining up a corner kick at the estadio bernabeu in a champions league game, oh that was classic!!!

the flares were awesome, reminds me of RFK, chicago and DCU have the best fans in MLS

keep up the good work Sec 8!!!

btw, it was a piece of paper

14. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Flares looked good, but were a total distraction from the match. Even players were looking up at the burning flag. I really think they were more of a distraction to the game than inspiration for the players.

A few years back in the open stadium up in Milwaukee during the open cup, I thought they were great. In an enclosed stadium. . .not so great.

15. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey cut him some slack, he's obviously not from around here.

[​IMG]

16. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    LaPorte, IN, USA

Overall, everything was great. but i'm sure even some of you who were in section 8 thought the streamers got a bit out of hand

towards the 60th or so minute, when some people were still throwing them, it was just annoying.

i was happy to see some flares again, though. haven't seen those in awhile

17. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA

I guess it makes sense for someone that sat his ass down the whole game to call the passionate supporters who stand, chant and scream the whole game disgraseful.

One Section 8 fan is worth 100 alfs.

Man we really are evil for "hitting" an opposing player with paper. Most were not throwing stuff on the field. And yes, the Nazis from Monterrey Security were idiots and what they did was uncalled for. They threw out a guy that was standing 5 feet from me, and he did NOTHING!

And you're right, we certainly did not help the team tonight. It just happened that the whole team came and thanked us after the game for no reason.

18. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA

You know I usually side with the side of, "stop acting so immature" in these debates but I'm going to surprise everyone and say...

FLARES F*C*ING ROCK!

Especially red flares for the Fire. As long as they're not thrown on the pitch, they do nothing but add to the atmosphere. Section 8 erupted in a way that I've only seen a few times this season (and never in a 0-0 draw) after the flares were lit.

It was beautiful.

19. phantum

phantum New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    We are Chicago

There were arrests and a tiff with security. There was only one incident tonight that should not have happened and it was basically what caused security to step it up a notch. That being said, it was an isolated incident within an isolated incident.

If someone doesn't like the way section8 behaves then that's probably why they don't sit there. Alf, no biggie, you didn't like it and I will not say that that's wrong or sissy, or whatever. The stuff being thrown ONto the field was not a big deal. Look, it made Rimando (eats babies) kick ******** outta the way and get out of his game. As for trying to hit the guy with the streamer. Actually, yeah, of course it was aimed. Duh, you think you get lucky with that shot?! And come on ... He got dinked from 30 yds out give the thrower some credit.

No one, no one, I spoke with after the match had anything bad to say, quite the contrary, everyone, EVERYONE I spoke with said it looked incredible. Sarachan said it didn't bother him and Bruce Arena said it was fabulous. I don're really know what the players felt but I think they cared more about the retracted goal (that I couldn't see due to smoke) then the flares. Had they won, I bet they would have shown the appreciation.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, Alf, but I think that considering all the circumstances being on ESPN tomorrow will make everyone smile a little more.

20. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT

There's a huge difference between throwing streamers and throwing flares on the field. Alf's interpretation has landed him on the axis of evil in my book, "Fans throwing streamers, what's next, a Vespa?"

And to me it looked like the team stepped it up when s8c did.

21. ne plus ultra

ne plus ultra Member

Jul 9, 2000

Thank you. This will have an impact on how they're welcomed at Bridgeview. It's not about section 8. It's about the soccer game. The sideshow clowns need to learn their place.

The flare was completely amateur. As people commented to me, what? we didn't score a goal, but they just couldn't stand to let their flare go to waste, and let it off during the run of play??

Same with throwing crap. There were streamers impeding OUR DEFENDERS on a corner kick. (Thanks, dick$shits!)

And to the goofball who wrote about a 'retracted goal that I couldn't see due to smoke' all I can say is, what a poser you are, to go to a game and not care about missing a goal. You can keep posting here -- just please quit pretending you're a Fire fan or a soccer fan. I guess maybe you could claim to be a fan of paper throwing, or flares. Perhaps you could join a highway assistance crew. They get to see a lot of flares. You might enjoy yourself more. Your absence would not be mourned.

22. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT

Do you want to be Iran or North Korea? And remember Iran invented everything.

23. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh wait, you're serious?

24. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago

alf and ne plus ultra = clowns. Move to Canada

25. JJTrudeau

JJTrudeau New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Highland Park

Section 8 looked great tonight! Well done on creating a great atmosphere!
    Hopefully more fans will follow your lead.