Season Ticket for 2009

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by nivla, Oct 2, 2008.

1. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Got this from the ticket rep. Hope it encourages people to renew or get season ticket.
    I will renew my tickets.

All 2009 Season Ticket Holders Receive Limited Edition Darren Huckerby Bobblehead

2009 Early Bird Offer: Renew your seats and pay in full by Nov 21 and receive:

All Accounts: 1 Season Ticket Holder Scarf per seat
    Accounts Greater then $1,000: An Opportunity to purchase a luxury suite for a Galaxy game for just $375!! Including food!! (limited to first 200 accounts)
    Accounts Greater then $1,500: Opportunity to purchase half price parking
    *To be eligible accounts have to renew the same number of seats or more to qualify.

2009 Premium Seat Lottery - The Best Seats in the House!

The VIP On Field and Premier Midfield were sold-out in 2008
    Sections have been upgraded in 2009 to include exclusive VIP Area
    Limited Availability
    Call or email me to enter in this lottery for the best chance to purchase these premium seats

An official mailing will be sent early next week further detailing all these great offers and benefits, so check your mail!

2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
  3. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured you'd be happier now that you know you've not been priced out of the stadium at all.

4. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Huckerby Bobblehead. :cool:

He's a great bobblehead subject if they do it right - head slouched down a little bit, hair sticking up in the front, toothy grin, forearm tats, etc.

5. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It will be great if the bobblehead is in the form of Hucks, and Klein on the ground.

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <---See Avatar :)

7. SJ Cabrito

SJ Cabrito Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Sac-Town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So, it looks like the Galaxy games will be in Oakland (neutral site) again next year? That sucks.

Why would I want a luxury box there? So that I can be even further away from the field than I already am?

8. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the good thing in the luxury boxes is that you get all the food you can eat and you get to see the game on TV and in person at the same time.

As for playing the Galaxy and Chicago in Oakland again in 09, it may suck but it makes sense. Blanco and Beckham draw in way more than what Buck Shaw can hold. And if the atmosphere is again like the 3rd Oakland game this year it shouldn't be too bad.

9. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    "The Sonofapitch family regrets to inform you that we will not be attending the scheduled event(s) in Oakland as we find the atmosphere and "hospitality" of security distasteful. Thank you, however, for the invitation.

We will, instead, be "summering" in Santa Clara."

Regards,

The SOPs

10. Since1974

Since1974 New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Downtown San Jose
    Yes, all the food you can eat. Yes, see it on TV... in person? Not hardly. If you want to eat and watch TV, you can stay home for a slightly lower price. Giving away home games isn't smart.

11. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If the crowd shots in Dullass were any indication, there are folks there who would KILL for that... :D

12. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Then you'll look like a FCKDallas fan. (oops, bsman beat me to it)

13. SJ Cabrito

SJ Cabrito Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Sac-Town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. :D I was looking for the guy's twin to ride in on a motorcycle, a la "Guinness Book of World's Records".

14. skillet

skillet New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    I was one of the unlucky ones who has season tix in section 118, and face a 40%+ ($595-$850) ticket price increase. It would make some sense, if the section was filled, but we have been to every game (8 total tix), and the seats in 118 are often empty , occupied by non season tix holders who got them for free (a sponsors season tix), or opportunistic fans who realize no will sit there (smart). Needless to say, I will either be downsizing (another section or leave fam at home) or just buy game by game and squat in better seats. Good news: the quakes are selling corporate seats. Bad news: the longtime fans may be priced out. Perhaps the new stadium will be called Stamford Bridge and only cater to upper crust ;) [​IMG]

15. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could always save money and just swap sides of the field and come over to the old grandstand.

16. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South Bay fans should hate the Coliseum games in principle, but I believe this does a lot to grow the fan base. I organized three road trips to the Coliseum - about 60 total tickets. Most of these folks had not been an MLS game before and became fans of the team after going to the games.

I'm not suggesting the Quakes should always play in Oakland, but I do think that for now its a pretty big benefit.

17. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife has renewed our tickets for next year. She did it before we run out of money!

18. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SI Article on Ticket Pricing and Fan impact

In section 115 it's 4 x ($60+$15) +$10 = $310
    in 103 it's 4 x ($40+$15) + $10 = $230,
    in 106 it will be 4 x ($35+$15) +$10 = $210
    Casbah 4 x ($20 + $15) + $10 = $150
    more or less

19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically what you're saying is that the Quakes are the cheapest ticket in town if you want to see a sporting event. Especially if you sit in the Colonel's Corner

4 x ($15 + $15) + $10 = $130 (and that's only if you park in the "sanctioned" lot).

20. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article was kind of interesting and that's all I wanted to share. I tried to put the average ticket prices that we pay in context with the averages quoted in the article (threw out our highest and lowest) but like I said more or less.

So basically thats what I was saying. :)

Now YOU can make the argument that "the Quakes are the cheapest ticket in town if you want to see a sporting event" but I won't because I don't believe that to be true.

21. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd make that argument except I'd qualify it as they're the "second cheapest" ticket in town after the bleachers at A's games in Oakland.

22. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    So it costs less than 1/2 as much to watch an MLS game as it does to watch an NFL game? Yet the players get paid less than 1/10th what NFL players average? That makes sense... :rolleyes:

23. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well not when you consider on average only 1/10th as many people watch MLS every week on TV and in person compared to the NFL. And I believe I'm being generous with that estimate.

24. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    I realize that... I'm just a little bitter that people don't value football in this country. I'd love to see all the FAS supporters that were at the match last night come to all of our games and cheer for the home side.

25. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So would I. And who knows, maybe some of them will after last night. Baby steps. The league is still only a decade+3 old. We're already off to a much bigger start that leagues like MLB and the NFL were in their early years.