SD @ Tac {R}

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Kit, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night according to the boxscore, San Diego scored a goal at 15:00 of the 2nd quarter, which means the game clock would have read 0:00. How is that possible? If time had expired, then you cannot score a goal. It should read something like 14:59.9.

2. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    You are correct. San Diego's goalie came up to the offensive third, took a pass from a free kick and slotted it past Tacoma's Waltman for a goal just as the buzzer sounded and the clock showed zeros. The refs called the goal good and ended the half. The Sockers headed for the locker room and Tacoma's coach was yelling at the refs. There was no kickoff to play any remaining time in the half.

3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Danny Waltman was superhuman in the first overtime. I hope someone puts a nice highlight package together again.

MizzouMan22 and Scooge repped this.
  4. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    PointStreak does not deal in tenths of seconds. If the goal was scored at 14:59.9, it was scored in the 60th second of the 15th minute of play in the quarter. I, for one, as a scorekeeper use this method. Had I done the game I would have showed the goal scored with 0:00 on the clock.

5. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if a goal is scored, there still should be time left on the clock even if it was .1 seconds. The teams should have lined up for a quick kick-off. A timekeeper can always change the time on the clock.

6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    But there was no kick off. I don't think if the refs and scorekeeper were really on top of it that it would be possible to score from 50 feet out in less than a second.

7. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are also assuming the computer generated clock on the webcast is actually synced with house scoreboard clock data. For webcasts a lot of times they fake it.

8. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    The webcast clock is synced to the arena scoreboard at least in Tacoma. The only difference is that the webcast clock does not show tenths-of-a-second. But based on the announcers comments and the reactions of the Sockers bench, all zeros were showing on the arena scoreboard as well.