News: Screw you Lucy - Buzzard Point Stadium News Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Dec 17, 2014.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The work lights are mostly kept on, but there are more walls now. They haven't been working long nights for a while.

Winoman repped this.
  2. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's only going to generate revenue if people actually buy tickets. Based on the team's performance, that is unlikely.

3. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    The owners don't care. They have an asset that others might be willing to invest in: an MLS franchise with a stadium. Thats all they care about. They never cared about Inter Milan on the field. They never cared about Swansea on the field. Except only to keep them up in the top division. They don't have to worry about that with MLS, so they don't care.

"username", dadman, majspike and 6 others repped this.
  4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I was really busy this week and never got around to posting any photos from Sunday. It was much more understandable why the lot directly south of Audi Field had been getting cleaned up and vehicles moved around the past two weeks.

A Sláinte Clover Beer Fest was held there today.

I might eventually get around to posting photos from today later or maybe tomorrow.

dadman, fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I probably won't post any photos from last Sunday since I've taken photos this past Saturday and Sunday since. Eventually I might post something. The sidewalks on the Audi Field side of R St are nearly ready to go in. The rebuilt R St and 2nd St are nearly complete around the stadium. They only need layers of asphalt in most locations although some curbs also need to go in alongside the stadium. Most of the fence/wall of Audi Field along 2nd Street has been installed. There are also signs limiting parking on T St (likely for its reconstruction) that I may eventually post photos of. Potomac Avenue is also being rebuilt (that was much needed) and is going much faster than currently fully closed sections of roadway. There was an impressive cleanup job from Saturday to Sunday. The stench of bad beer was strong.

dadman, ejs1111, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  6. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I'm liking my seats on the west side better and better. It will be like sitting in the stands of a high school football stadium but with no track. Most of the east side seats are pretty high because they are above the luxury boxes. still good seats but kind of a drag to be that high up in a 20K stadium.

7. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    I am as high up as possible on the East side, last row, but the more I see where my seat will be the more I like it. I'll reevaluate after the season.

dadman, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8158 fatbastard, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    neat tire patters in the mud today (looking on camera)

life is better that way :cool:
    Should be good views - but my advice would be to invest in some high-quality sunglasses (conveniently, also helps with the first part of your sentence ;))

dadman, Winoman, Kempa and 1 other person repped this.
  9. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Me too. Just in the section immediately to the right of center. Its gonna be more like the 400s in RFK, which I always thought were the best seats

TowsonDad, Winoman and D C B 2 3 repped this.
  10. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not much outdoor work will happen today or tomorrow, except in covered areas. I guess someone made it to the site and found out there was nothing to do.

11. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    How many people were there (it looks like thousands), where did they park, and/or how was the human traffic flow to/from the Metro?
    This is actually quite relevant to us in the long term.

Winoman repped this.
  12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I suppose I should state that that is not my video. It's what I found of the event after going to the site. I visited the site again after the game on Saturday. Workers were cleaning and trying to clear out. It did not appear that any parked in the immediate area as I had no problem near the site. They were a lot of people drunkenly arriving and leaving confused by everything and that it ended so soon.

Winoman repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Winoman and dcchelseafc repped this.
  14. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    it's been updated where you can pick specific seats and they show you what's available in each section (for a season ticket anyway).

That was new to me, although maybe it's been around a while...

sitruc and ElApacheTevez repped this.
  15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Why the ******** do they have so many different sites!? https://dcunitedportal.io-media.com/event-list-buy
    https://dcunitedportal.io-media.com...ABA18A53632CC529AF73EA353B4C21D1733E05/MFDC18
    I see 1008 available seats right now.

The audi Field site still offers a Farewell to RFK scarf and the old seat viewer is still active.
    http://audifield.io-media.com/web/index.html

Winoman repped this.
  16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ...and there's that section of seating in between sections of bleachers.

17. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    My pre-marriage love life in one sentance....

18. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a game report.

song219, dadman, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  19. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    I think this was previously only for staff and ticket reps. Back in December I had wanted to share the view from our new seats with the rest of the tailgaters (we are going to share 5 seats amongst us), but I wasn't able to do it. I called my ticket rep, and she got the view for me which I then passed along

ElApacheTevez and Winoman repped this.
  20. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    Sounds like RFK at halftime--
    scoreboard: DCU nil, MLS opponent 2

21. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Still shows 135 bleachers.... it's not.

sitruc repped this.
  22. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    My really quick looks seemed to show less than 1,000, but in any case, is it really true that there are only 1,000 unsold seats? I never for a moment believed that DCU would actually cap season tickets sold (or need to), but either huge portions of the stadium are sold out or they are holding back seats.

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I put my math in the FO thread. Of course things may have changed since then.
    The repeated and similar numbers are too coincidental for me. There are likely artificial caps and blocks of unsold individual tickets.

24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm now seeing 1015.

10+12+14+14+8+2+8+16+24+18+15+3+13+17+22+10+24+43+74+60+70+72+56+49+49+50+38+50+60+46+36+2+18+12

I went in order by section number this time.

25. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I stand corrected. I'm shocked that apparently we're within 1,000 or so of the 12K season ticket cap. Never thought we'd hit 10K this season. I guess I don't know business because if I owned this team I'd sell a season ticket to every last person who wants one, on the very possible chance that as we crash and burn in the first half of the season, demand for single game tickets will dry up. I just can't believe that if tomorrow I told a rep I'd spend $800-$900 on a sideline season ticket that I'd be told that only $560 endline seats are available. Or that I wouldn't be offered a sideline seat if I told the rep I wouldn't take the endline seat.

Winoman and dadman repped this.