News: Screw you Lucy - Buzzard Point Stadium News Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Dec 17, 2014.

1. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    STH since 96 and they were all over me. I was contemplating 4 just so I could give them to friends/clients etc. then the price came out and I told them there dillusional for that price esp with it not including parking. Even with the decrease to the outside of $125 I still said no without parking. They include parking in sure all of the clubs seats would be close to sold by now at $125.
    I really do believe other than some randoms what they have sold for STH up there is all they will have for the first year. They did nothing but push them and only them for 8 months.....

shawn12011 repped this.
  2. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the club seats were a) $125 all around, and b) included parking, I damn sure would have given them some serious consideration.

As it is, $175 for the seats closest to midfield is just too steep.

Winoman repped this.
  3. OldTownFan

OldTownFan Member

D.C. United
    United States
    Nov 17, 2017
    It’s an interesting economics problem. They have sold out the center club section at $175, presumably mostly to businesses who didn’t want to go as far as an entire suite. And maybe they will end up doing the same for the other two sections (on either side) at the same price point. So how far do you discount as you get further away from midfield to entice individuals, but otherwise offer the exact same extra amenities (which I agree should include parking)?

4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Dear Larry Fine: Thanks for the pictures.

On The Other Topic of Seat Selection: Tips for People Selecting with a Friend

I and a friend have bought Half-Season Tickets right next to each other for 6-8 years, and last year we switched to Full-Season in order to be on the priority list now. And actually I went from Two Half-Season down to One, and he went from 8 down to 4.

So we wanted to buy with 1 and 4 seats together. Fortunately we were only 10 minutes apart in the queue. The first person goes in and selects your seat(s), add to your cart & hit CONTINUE, and the click on HOLD to actually buy them. And continue with all the credit card stuff and the final acknowledgement screen. Then the second person gets on and should be able to buy the other seats next to the first person's.

HOWEVER, there is some delay in the process. Even with everything electronic, when he got on he saw my seat as still open even though I had gone through the whole process of credit card and seeing the final screen.

And yes, it was a bit more complicated for us because there were 5 seats left, and the system won't allow a buyer to leave one open seat in a row. Which is why he had to wait for me to actually finish buying my seat.

fatbastard, sitruc, TowsonDad and 2 others repped this.
  6. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    That's like the royal flush of shit.

GumbyG and shawn12011 repped this.
  7. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Cat in the Hat, or Onalfo?

If it's the former, BLASPHEMY!

Winoman repped this.
  8. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I have a **long-sleeve** Cat in the Hat :D.

But let's be real. I only pull it out for special occasions. Like when I'm dressing up as Pennywise.

jason1551 and pr0ner repped this.
  9. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    I used to wear my Cat in the Hat jersey to the 4th of July games. I think I may have worn it to a National Team game or two.

asitis

Winoman repped this.
  10. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny.

I actually had multiple people come up to me at the RFK finale and comment on my Cat in the Hat.

shawn12011 and Winoman repped this.
  11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    What will become the playing surface is covered with steel that will make the east stands. Likewise, the rows of supports are lined up south of the site again. A few rows went in on the east side during the week(and can just barely be seen on the webcam). It was windy when I was out there today. Most things that could be blown over were blown over including road signs

12. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, this comment has more levels than the parking garage they should have built south of the stadium.

Winoman, shawn12011 and fatbastard repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It has been a while since I've dropped a small dump on this thread. I might do that a little later. My phone died while I was taking photos from the east side yesterday, but whatever. There are still hundreds of photos because I'm obsessed evidently. The lighting sucked and it was really windy when I first got out there. I heard stuff being blown over on site. As I said before, everything not bolted down and then some things that were were being blown over. It didn't matter if there were sand bags supporting signs. Then there was also a parking meter...
    20171124.jpg

20171119 23.jpg

It was when I tried to get this plate from the other side of a fence and two police cars drove by that I thought this was the end for me...
    20171119 21.jpg

I've been wanting to be hopeful that the bike valet will have an entrance into the stadium ever since it was moved. Hopefully this will actually be a ticketed entrance where the stairs are now.
    20171119 15.jpg

More rows...
    20171119 10.jpg

Aforementioned team bus...
    20171119 14.jpg

All canopy supports are now up on the west side.
    20171119 16.jpg
    20171119 18.jpg

Behind the north/SG area
    20171119 22.jpg

Eastern Bear, Winoman, Terpitude and 2 others repped this.
  14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It has been a little while later...

20171119 1.jpg 20171119 2.jpg 20171119 3.jpg 20171119 4.jpg 20171119 5.jpg 20171119 6.jpg 20171119 7.jpg 20171119 8.jpg 20171119 9.jpg 20171119 11.jpg

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
  16. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Great job as always and thanks!

That roof looks like a damn tin can top.

17. ElApacheTevez

ElApacheTevez Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sitruc, thanks again for doing this. I just bought my seat for 2018 and then popped over here to find your new pics.

Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We got our seats this morning, section 104, row 6. Should be under cover and hopefully out of sun range.

19. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was kinda surprised at the look of those myself. I remember some went up then came down after they (apparently) figured out the solar panels would not be supported properly by them.
    Will they be spelling out DC United or Aidi or 0000 with the solar panels themselves, all glued to the corrugated tin?

My neighbors just built a thing to park their RV under covered with similar-looking stuff and damn does it reflect the sun in an awful way.

Winoman repped this.
  20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody getting seats today I guess - bought my two in Section 130 this morning as well - then they tried to upsell me on some commemorative bricks. I was tempted for about 12 seconds to buy one with "I MISS RFK" or something on it, but then I got over it and logged off.

Winoman, Falc, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Sang_Culé

Sang_Culé Member

Jan 23, 2015
    DMV
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those seats look awesome! congrats

Falc repped this.
  22. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    We wanted to do
    The
    Front
    Office

It got denied lol

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The renderings have shown large gaps where the canopy will say Audi Field and have the rings next to that. Of course that significantly lowers the number of panels possible...

The roofing is still cheap stuff, but it's the next half-step up from what was originally there.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My buddy got the brick solicitation as well. I think we will pass. The tickets are in his name but are purchased for our association. Considering how this new management has ignored the local soccer community, no desire to support them.

Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  25. ElApacheTevez

ElApacheTevez Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm front row of 130. I'll just scream "Fatbastard!" at every game until I meet you (or get kicked out).

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.