Saudi Daily News Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi64, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    FT-Ittihad 0-0 Ahli [2-4].
    Ahli won the Kings Cup and finally landing a silverware.Ittihad dominated the entire second half and most of extra time but were unlucky to score.Ahli defended well and relied on counter attacks.Ittihads coach made a mistake by removing Mohamed Rashed and placing Sultan Nimri and again Ziayah replaced by Naif Hazazi.

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Now the only silverware Ittihad can hope for this season is the Asian Champions League ... the entire team will be in pressure now as they don't want to lose this last championship in which they are mostly like an underdog.

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hopefully, Ahli don't embarass us in the ACL next season like they did before.

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Embaressed in 2008 maybe, but go way back to 1985-86 season, they came runners up.

Looking at next years ACL, the West have a few teams making their debuts, so the group stage might pit them with a couple from UAE and Qatar, so it's possible that the Saudi clubs in general might just have a good year.

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    علنت إداراة شئون المنتخبات الوطنية لكرة القدم 28 اسماً تم اعتمادهم من قبل الجهاز الفني للمنتخب الوطني الأول بقيادة مدرب المنتخب السيد/ روجيرو موريس وذلك للدخول للمعسكر الإعدادي لمباراة الدور الثاني من التصفيات الأولية لكأس العالم 2014 في البرازيل والذي من المفترض أن يتخلله مبارتان وديتان في الدورة الدولية الودية في الأردن التي تضم إلى جانب المنتخب السعودي كل من منتخبات الكويت والعراق والأردن ( المستضيف ) في الفترة من 13 إلى 16 يوليو 2011م.
    وسينطلق المعسكر يوم الأربعاء 29 يونيو الحالي في مدينة الرياض بتجمع لاعبي الأندية التي لم تخض مباراة نهائي كأس خادم الحرمين الشريفين ومباراة تحديد المركز الثالث والرابع( الأهلي والاتحاد والهلال والوحدة) يوم الأثنين 4 يوليو في مدينة الدمام للإنضمام مع المجموعة الأولى التي بدأت المعسكر في الرياض يوم 29 يوليو.

وفيما يلي قائمة الأسماء التي تم اعتماد ضمها لصفوف المنتخب داعين الله أن يوفق الأخضر السعودي في مشواره القادم:

حسن العتيبي - مبروك زايد - ياسر المسيليم - وليد عبدالله - عبدالله شهيل - حسن معاذ - وليد عبد ربه - أحمد عطيف - ناصر الشمراني - عبدالملك الخيبري - أسامة هوساوي - ماجد المرشدي - عبدالله الزوري - محمد الشلهوب - نواف العابد - حمد المنتشري - أسامة المولد - مشعل السعيد - راشد الرهيب - نايف هزازي - سلطان النمري - محمد نور - تيسير الجاسم - معتز الموسى - إبراهيم غالب - سعود حمود - مختار فلاته - مهند عسيري

7. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Quickie Translation:

Saudi Arabia will participate in a friendly tournament in Jordan which includes Jordan, Kuwait, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

The following 28 players were picked:

Hasan Al Otaibi, Mabrouk Zaid, Yaser Al Musaliem, Waleed Abdullah, Abdullah Shuhail, Hasan Muath, Waleed Abd Raboh, Ahmed Autef, Naser Al Shamrani, Abdul Malek Khabari, Osama Hawsawi, Majed Marshadi, Abdullah Zouri, Mohammed Shalhoob, Nawef Al Abed, Hamad Muntashiri, Osama Muwalid, Mishal Saed, Rashed Al Raheeb, Nayef Hazazi, Sultan Al Nimri, Mohammed Noor, Tayseer Al Jasem, Mutaz Al Mousa, Ibrahim Ghaleb, Saoud Hamood, Mukhtar Falatah, Muhanid Asiri

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser Al Qahtani is out ?

I would prefer Yaser Al Musaliem as Goal Keeper
    Abdullah Zouri, Osama Hawsawi, Hamad Muntashiri and Mishal Saeed as Defenders
    Mohammed Noor, Tayseer Al Jasem, Mohammed Shalhoob and Sultan Al Nimri as Mid-Field players
    Nayef Hazazi and Mukhtar Falatah as Forwards.

I also feel that this might be Saudi A team ...

9. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah, Yasser Qahtani is out. He's definitely slowed down in recent years.

I thought a few years back he could beat Majed Abdullah's all time Saudi NT goal record but that seems impossible now.

I also think the Saudi A team is going to come from this list. Otherwise, old players like Hamad Muntashiri and Mohammed Noor wouldn't be on it.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser is also injured now a days.It was good to see the young strikers have been given chance to start for the NT and lets hope they make good future for themselves.

11. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

How many goals have Yasser scored so far with the NT? And what's the record of Majed Abdullah? Records are made to be borken and they are a challenge to everyone. I believe Naif Hazzazi and Sultan Al Saud can also do miracles with the National Team.

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Majed's record is I think 67 goals. Yaser has 44.

13. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Unconfirmed reports that Frank Rijkaard is the new Saudi NT coach. Of course, take with a pinch of salt until you actually see him on the touchline.

Also, the FA has fined Wehda 200'000 SAR for talking about the current relegation case to the press.

14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So, the FA follow in FIFA's steps and want to hide the details of the case then?

Whats wrong with going to the media? Wahda have sold their story, the FA could also have their say.

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=20110630104166
    Rumours say the contract will be signed Thursday.
    Actually I don't like this move, nor the previously discussed options (Domenech, Queiroz.. etc).
    The FA should hire big name managers, not big club/NT ex-coaches.

16. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Frank Rijkaard isn't a big name manager.

He's a HUGE name manager. I don't see why you don't consider him a big name.

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    And what about Wehda's relegation?

18. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It's still in the Court for Arbitration of Sport in Lausanne

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you consider Rijkaard's successes during the early years with Barcelona as the highlight of his career that's fine, but the guy seem to "lost it" afterwards.

The dramatic collapse in 06-08 and the constant problems that emerged from Barcelona's locker room and how he lost control of it isn't IMO an indicator to what Saudi national team needs right now.

Probably he just needed a change and he might be excited for a new refreshing experience (and a couple of million €s too :D), but I just don't see it working, and I don't think he will last all 3 years he's signed for.

20. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    While the collapse in 2006-2008 is a mark against him, it can't be denied that he has a good track record with most of the teams that he's managed.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ok..its official now Frank Rijkaard is the new NT coach.The contract is of 3 years which was signed in London.
    [​IMG]

22. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    3 years, too long. Whats Al Johor gunna do???

Signed in London. Why? Doesn't he want to work in the Kingdom?

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    3 years of contract is common in my eyes..It is given to most of the new managers.
    I dont know about Johar because he has already left the NT long bak after the Asian Cup.
    Dont know why the deal was signed in London..

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Johor was kind of a joke on my side, he's always there to step in now he will be waiting 3 years in the wings, of course 3 years takes us to the world cup, so it's a good contract, Rijkaard can't complain he han't got long enough, he has 3 years. What he doesn't need is everyone on his back after year 1. This is a 3 year plan.

But, signing in London, I cna only assume SFA went to Europe looking for someone, not someone looking for this job. It kind of plays into Rijkaard's hands. He didn't go to Saudi, so he can base himself where ever he wants, he might even just use Holland as base to play Saudi's home games!! Maybe not bad, to get decent European teams in friendlies perhaps, but if he wasn't prepared to go to Saudi, (now maybe personal reasons prohibited this, or maybe he did once to start discussions?) then to myself, he isn't prepared to put himself on the line. He hasn't got 100% commitment for example.

Anyway, trying to get away from trying to think of reasons why which are probably way off the mark, I would like to say that I think this is a good appointment. He's a big name, he will get the attentions of the whole of Asia and outside. He will get the players excited and make them want to wear the shirt which seems devalued in recent years.

Let's hope he can also have some input into the domestic league. Watch the games live for example, but I do feel he won't, thats why I question the signing of the contract in London, it could just be that he's watching opponents more than he's watching his own national pool.

I would personally love one year down the line, a journalis to ask a simple question like, who do you think will win Division 1 or 2 this year to see if he knows the domestic game, like in reality he should do within the year.

25. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I dont know why are you making signing of contract in London an issue.He will be coming to Saudi within two or three days.What you posted above just seems like you were drunk at that time.Everything is just nonsense
    He has already started the job by ordering of cds of players and some NT matches in recent day.He has clearly stated that he dont want any interference from the FA in his job and training sessions.
    Talking about Johar,in my view he is really a good coach.The reason FA appoints him is that he is only reliable and available Saudi coach whenever FA needs a fast replacement.He is just backup coach.