Saudi Daily News Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cannavaro as Nassr's manager? I didn't see that coming.

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Fabio Cannavaro....!!!

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its official : Fabio Cannavaro new coach of Nasser FC..

4. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's unexpected decision. Cannavaro is obviously a huge name in football as a player, but I don't think he established himself quite yet in the world of managers, and he didn't work in SA before to expect "quick understanding and results" in this until-the-season-ends contract.

We will see how this plays out.

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    52,000 thousands tickets were sold for Ittihad vs. Hilal's game 2 days before the match. Online tickets does help, who'd have thought? :D

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Don't know how far is it true..Van Mar Wjik might be sacked or is sacked after he opposed Saudi FA for not playing in Palestine and having issues over it..

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh, I didn't know about that. So is the FA's (authorities) decision to not play there is a final one? I think FIFA said that will exclude SA from the next WC and maybe Asian cup too, not just a 0-3 defeat.

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Where is the official and / or any news from the Saudi FA's website www.saff.com.sa OR any news on any Saudi media that KSA is not going to play the match ?... Where do you get the news that Saudi FA has decided not to play the match and risk Saudi Arabia on losing out on WC2018 Qualifyer, Asian Cup 2019 and the next FIFA Word Cup 2022 Qualifyer ?...

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This type of news is not encouraged in media. About risking loosing out 2018 qualifiers , its obvious if you go against the FIFA, then you will risk all..
    In short, you need to follow Twitter well..

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Unfortunately, twitter is not in English. Can you advise which Twitter's Tweet to follow (in English) ?...

11. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So KSA makes history by beating 10-0 East Timor. Nothing much to shout about .
    But now, Van Mirjk needs to arrange big friendlies untill next match against Malasiya. He has not been tested enough so far.. Plus I think players like Fraidy and Ghaleb will be nearing returns which is a plus point.

12. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi needs Ahmed Al Fraidy... He's a Must in the National Team. I believe he was rated as the 2nd best player (local player) in Saudi Professional League last season... Can't say much about Ghaleb since his replacement is doing fine.

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  14. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Which match is this ?

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its Saudi second division between Jabalain and Najmah...

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think semifinals will be: Nassr vs. Ittihad, and Hilal vs. Shabab.

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad vs Nasser semifinals is 90% sure untill some one chockes big time. The other group contains tricky teams to handle. You forgot Ahli are also in the group. Tawoon and Khaleej can pull off some shock..

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the way Ahli are pushing for the league and probably ACL this time they won't be giving their best in this cup.

Taawon can be tricky but their results vs. big teams haven't been that great so far.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Olympic Team for U-23 Championship in Qatar
    [​IMG]

21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahli 1-0 Ittihad.

Ahli were shaky in first half, where Ittihad's finishing let them down, and it wasn't very different in the 2nd 45 minutes.

Sanmartean was the best player on the pitch, and Fahad Almowallad was absolutely the worst one.

Overall I think Ittihad showed some good signs, and if it were up to me I'll replace Muntari with a player who can play on the wings and have some creativity to help Sanmartean.

by the way, this referee had a way better performance than some of the foreigners we've seen this season.

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    True..Fahd and Ghamdi had very good chance in first half to finish he game. Fahd needs a lot of maturity as a professional player. He cant go down easily to claim penalties in every match. Ittihad is not very good friend of CPC and go out again.
    Regarding Muntari, I think he is fine player with strong defensive body. I dont get why coach is not playing Abu Sabaan as he more fast paced and can score goals.

Hilal vs Shabab in other Semifinals. Given Shababs rrecent form, I think it will be easy for Hilal to go through...

23. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wasn't and still not a big fan of Muntari and I just don't see having both him & Troisi working best for the club. You got Rivas who is an incredible finisher and Sanmartean who is fine playmaker, but it can become too easy to isolate one of the two (as we've seen) and here comes the chance for guys in Fahad Mowallad's place to shine and bring the results to his team.

Ghamdi is very young and can improve but I don't see it in Fahad, maybe he can be played a little further behind as a part of 3-men midfield, but he isn't the guy to play besides Rivas if Itti want to compete at the highest level.

24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Al Hilal convincingly beat Al Shabab 4-0
    Al Hilal's goal keeper was hardly really tested in the entire match due to Al Hilal's stong defense in the shape of mostly foreign imports. The final match is against Al Ahli however, Al Ahli's goal keeper is far more better as compared to Al Hilal i.e., Al Mossailem is best in the league and in other tournaments and had really made wonderful & great saves when he was really tested unlike Sharahili of Al Hilal.

I would prefer Al Mossailem from Al Ahli to be in the Saudi National Team as Number One (1) choice with Sharahili as No. 2

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree that Musaileem is in better form and he is GK #1 this season, however I think Sharaheli is overall a better GK once he gets his head right.

We've seen Almusaileem as #1 in the NT before, and in my opinion he isn't someone who you would trust in international competitions.:D