Saudi Arabia x Bahrain [R] AC07

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi64, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Our last game in the group stages, and most important. We have a good chance to qualify, but also in first place. I've written the following scenarios :-
    1. Indonesia wins : Saudi Arabia wins = Saudi 1st 7 pnts, Indonesia 2nd 6 pnts.

2. Indonesia wins : Saudi Arabia ties = Indonesia 1st 6 pnts, Saudi Arabia 2nd 5 pnts.

3. Indonesia wins : Saudi Arabia loses = Indonesia 1st 6 pnts, Bahrain 2nd 6 pnts.

4. Indonesia ties : Saudi Arabia wins = Saudi 1st 7 pnts, Indonesia 4 pnts.

5. Indonesia ties : Saudi ties = Saudi 5 pnts, Indonesia 4 pnts.

6. Indonesia ties : Saudi loses = Bahrain 6 pnts, Saudi 4 pnts. (Head to head gives us the advantage)

7. Indonesia loses : Saudi wins = Saudi 7 pnts, South Korea 4 pnts.

8. Indonesia loses : Saudi ties = Saudi 5 pnts, Bahrain 4 pnts.

9. Indonesia loses : Saudi loses = Bahrain 6 pnts, SK or KSA, depends on who scores more goals since they will be with 4 pnts each.

The Saudi NT squad has lately arrived at Palembang, and trained this afternoon. Ruda Tokar has healed from his weak injury, and should enter the trainings today. Omar AlGhamdi has entered the trainings, and he could play against Bahrain. Expected lineup :-

---------------------------Musayleem-----------------------------
    --Ahmed AlBahry----Osama-------Waleed Abdurubh---Kamil Mousa--
    -----------------Omar AlGhamdi------Tayseer AlJasem-------------
    -------------Ahmed Mousa-----------Abdulrahman AlQahtani-------
    --------------Yaser AlQahtani(C)--------Malek Mouath-------------

Palembang Stadium :-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some pictures of the squad arriving :-
    [​IMG]

2. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  3. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    question, how come so many of your players are black?

4. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Well, there is a large black population in Saudi Arabia. I don't know how large because this is not an issue, and hence no statistics. Plus you have so many mixed. However, it is certainly no way near (percentage wise) as large as it is in the NT. I guess it's because:

1- Blacks excel in sports in general, and football in particular.

2- Socioeconomic reasons. White parents do not incourage their kids to play football professionally, rather pursue higher education and white collar jobs. But for blacks, it is a way to significantly improve their financial situation.

5. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Lol. He is doing the Hindu greeting which i think is also the greeting of south east asian countries, not malaysian though.

Nice coats by the way. :) If it was black, they could have been tHe "MEN IN BLACK".

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    9. Indonesia loses : Saudi loses = Bahrain 6 pnts, SK or KSA, depends on who scores more goals since they will be with 4 pnts each.

Hi guys. I am in Dubai and watching almost all the matches. Anyways, I think this is the most likely result that I feel might occur as I don't see this Saudi team to be strong and some times it feels as the Saudi team is playing with ameature players with 1 or 2 exceptions.

Moreover, I don't feel that Saudi Arabia will win the Asian Cup or even qualifty to the Semis this time around.

However, I wish Saudi Arabia all the best.

7. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    20% of Saudi population are African Arabs.

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The team is young but they should at least reach the quarterfinals. But hopefully they improve with the new coach and we might get lucky to reach the semis or the final.

9. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Tuesday's training pictures, beltawfeg lilakhdar :-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    How did you come up with that number? A guess? If so, I think its much less than that.

11. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    thanks saudi for beating bahrain 4-0 loll korea is through

12. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    thanks for beating bahrain! Good luck on the rest of the AC2007

13. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    on Behalf of everyone, I apologize for accusing Saudis of match fixing and scandalizing. Hope you go far in this tourney! :)

14. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Thanks, KSA. :D

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Congrats to Korea as well as Saudi Arabia.

Now coming towards Saudia, Gre8888888888888 !!! However, after meeting Uzbekistan in the Quater-Final (which is off course, the most strongest team in the Asian Cup so far and especially after beating China 3-0), if Saudia beat them then they will meet either Australia or Japan. If Saudi beat Uzbekistan and play the Semi-Final against Japan ... Saudi are out of the tourney for sure! However, we must see that they beat Uzbekistan first which is 40% only.

However, I still wish Saudi-Arabia all the success !

16. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I made a few posts about KSA and Bahrain going for a draw, and now my face is really red with embarrassment. :eek: My apologies and my thanks for knocking Bahrain out of the tournament :)

17. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Your confession is really appreciated by all the Saudi fans.:)

18. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I've read it before, but I just checked on CIA - World Factbook and its 10%.

19. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Congrats to all Koreans who have thanked or apoligized to us, and I hope that people don't think of Saudi football like this, and congrats to all Saudi fans on the win, for once we played well and the result was amazing. I hope we can beat Uzbekistan, will be tough, they have good headers, and mostly Shatsikh, so good luck to Saudi Arabia.

20. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dont gotta thank any you grassrollers.

I told those idiot Korean poster their buncha buttface for say Saudis and Bahrain is gonna draw because theirs possible that Saudi or Bahrain knok out with draw.

Saudi and Barain is only gonna draw if neither needs the win.

21. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    I hope our players don't get too cocky after this result. We played better, but the defense was still shaky, especially in the 1st half. We were lucky not to have conceded a goal. In fact the scoreline really does not describe the match properly. It was even up until min. 75, then Bahrain just folded. We scored from our chances, while they didn't.

Uzbekistan is a dangerous team, but we should be able to handle them provided that we make use of our chances. Moreover, historically we have done extremely well in knockout rounds.

22. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They should do better after the group stages, espicially fearing to repeat the last AC. But nobody knows whats gonna happen, our NT is way too inconsistent.