Sardar Azmoun

Discussion in 'Iran' started by PersianLegion, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    KiarashM repped this.
  2. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Inside sources say that there's a possibility that Lazio buys Azmoun and loans him back to Rubin

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    This is bullshit, never going to happen.

4. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Why? Apparently Azmoun wants to stay 1 more year in Russia because he doesn't want to risk losing his starting spot for Iran close to the WC.

If Lazio gives him a long term deal, loan him back one year until the end of the WC, then Azmoun goes back to Italy as a more experienced and better player, with probably an even higher market value

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Cause Lotito will never spend money on a player, and then loan him out. Even more so if you consider that the transfer fee would not be cheap for a club like Lazio.

Azmoun don't have to worry about a thing, he will get plenty of playing time...given his talent.

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  6. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think like you that he will eventually start, but that's what Azmoun is saying, he doesn't want to risk right now.

I just hope the Rubin move is false and that he's only training with them...

Italian media are saying Lazio want to sell Djordjevic and buy Azmoun as a replacement

7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yeah Djordjevic is not good enough for them.

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Azmoun is talented but he is an idiot kid. He is so attached to his former coach Berdiyev.

Marco91 and Zandi360 repped this.
  9. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    His dad/agent said he has signed a 1 year contract with Rubin, and Berdyev, Queiroz ect all decided now wasn't the time yet for him to leave Russia. They wanna take it "little by little".

Ok so if they know what they're doing we'll see where you can land after the WC

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Be careful with this, you know...the right time might never come.

11. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I guess we just have to watch and wait...

Marco91 repped this.
  12. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No one knows what this kid is doing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: First leaving Rubin training camp to go to Iran, then going to Paris with a private jet... No official announcement for any team yet..

[​IMG]

13. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

14. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Latest news about Azmoun. @Marco91 How legit is this?

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I don't know this journalist...but i'm surprised Lotito is going to spend that much money on a player. It's not really his thing.

Zandi360 repped this.
  16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It won't happen.

17. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  18. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

19. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Turning down Liverpool offer for not sitting on the bench, so later Crystal Palace have interest in him is just plain stupid! But if it is his ticket out of that miserable shithole of Rubin Kazan, I say he should take it. A smaller English club might be better for him at the beginning so he can get more playing time.

Zandi360 repped this.
  20. AsiaFootballFan

AsiaFootballFan New Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Oct 2, 2017
    Sardar should wait until the completion of the world cup and then go through all his offers and make the right decision.

Zandi360 repped this.
  21. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Recent interview of Russian media with Papa Berdy about Sardar and Shekari. It is good to read his point of view.

The Sardar Azmoun situation
    Did the Azmoun story sour your relationship with the club and its upper management?
    I don’t think so. The information about his contract was not clearly presented to the management. He had a $2.5 million release clause in his contract, and any club that matched this price could sign the player if he was willing. So, Rostov sent an official enquiry, offering $2.5 million. Rubin didn’t react, and after 30 days, the player could just leave the club. So, Azmoun essentially left Rubin on a free transfer. This was a question of decency: all documents were present, but the information wasn’t presented in a clear way. There was no sense to sue Rostov.

How long is Azmoun’s current contract with Rubin?

We signed him for free, for three years. There’s no release clause. He asked not to set an elaborate asking price. He trusts us.

What is his potential?

His big weakness is that he doesn’t handle outside pressure very well. There was huge, crazy interest in him: all the clubs called us and his father. Top clubs at that: Arsenal, Celtic. Everton’s Iranian owner contacted me and tried to reach a transfer agreement. Azmoun has millions of fans, incredible amounts of attention – and he couldn’t handle it. He came to Rubin as a star, after a good season, and his head was in the clouds. I’m grateful to God that he tested him in such way. If he hadn’t scored a single goal, it would’ve been even better for him. I told him that Allah was punishing him for getting carried away with fame: “You’ll have a lot of chances, but you’ll never score.” He tempted the fate in Rostov where he had just two or three chances, but scored consistently, his conversion rate was crazy. But luck means very much for a forward. As a result, Serdar lost his place both in the club and in the national team, then he got injured. This unprofessionalism was the cause of his difficult season. Only in the game against Lokomotiv I saw the Azmoun we really needed.

Will this period strengthen him?

Periods like this are necessary. I’m glad he went through it.

The club signed another Iranian this summer, [Reza] Shekari. Is his potential as good as Azmoun?

His potential is very high. He was on trial in Rostov for us. But he’s still in his formative years as a player, his fitness isn’t perfect, sometimes he strains his muscles. He’s getting stronger gradually. He was in the list of best young players complied by The Guardian. But we scouted him back when we were in Rostov, he trained with us in one of our training campa.

Is the Iranian market beyond the Europeans’ comprehension?

They simply don’t know it. This market is limitless.

Was it discovered by Dmitry Samarenkin?

You’re talking about Alireza Haghigi? We did know about him before, but Rubin signed him [in 2012] without asking us. He was weaker than our current players. It was just a marketing ploy. But the guy lost valuable time here, lost his place in the national team, went on loans. He could’ve grown into a good goalkeeper.

What are you expecting from Azmoun in the future?

I think he’s going to prove himself at the World Cup. In the future, he can realise his potential at a top club. I don’t doubt that because I know the forwards playing at top clubs, and I know his abilities, so I know what I say is true. It’s very hard to win an aerial duel against him and he’s also very quick. Both Azmoun and Kanunnikov are victims of our lack of creative players in midfield. When we review our tacticss, I show the team how many times Kanunnikov and Azmoun get into good positions to go one on one with the keeper. In one game, I counted four such moments for Kanunnikov and two for Azmoun, but they didn’t receive a single pass. And they have learned a lot. Especially Kanunnikov – he didn’t understand before how to receive the ball while half-turned, for example. It’s also not exactly his position, he’s more comfortable on the wing. But he did learn and changed his game. I think that our changes in training will help our midfielders to see the forwards and give them accurate through balls. We’re working a lot on that.

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    What do you think of his WC so far? Vs Morocco missed a huge chance to score, vs Spain he did what he was asked to do...but i don't know, i expected better from him.

23. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hard to do anything when the team he plays for is ultra defensive.

24. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He was great off the ball and average with it. Missed a crucial chance vs Morocco but other than than I would rate his performance as above average.

Leverkusen officially enquired for Azmoun before the World Cup

Marco91 repped this.
  25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Will wait to see if it's a reliable resource.