Santos Vs. Riverplate [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Otaku, May 4, 2004.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    then by definition he was being sarcastic

2. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not really, he would have been sarcastic if he would have said, "yea it was a simple mistake on the part of the line judges" without saying anything about how he knew that it wasn't a mistake.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I saw the highlights. Awful refereeing, the fouls River committed that weren't called, the outright kick that only got a yellow, etc.

And the PKs of course were scandalously inconsistent.

You know what though? That was not by any means one of the worse Libertadores cases I've seen in my lifetime, let alone read about. Yeah it's awful, but it happens every freaking year in that tournament. ie, you may technically be correct in your complaints, but it's useless, you'll get no sympathy from people who've sufferred worse.

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    :rolleyes:

5. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    OK, this is the first chance I've had to get to a comp since the game.

I called ThrashBoy immediately and told him it was a complete robbery.
    Today I heard that argentino on A Primera Vista saying it was a good call.

To be honest with you, I feel the outrage that everyone else does.

For the argentino trolls coming on here saying that River should have won and Coudet's injury was merit for Santos to lose, you're wrong.

1. The ref didn't even call a foul against whoever injured Coudet. In the replays, you could see Coudet's leg kicking into the Santos player's.

2. River deserved at least one red card after Vuoso's goal. They were playing completely reckless and dirty, I think at one time 6 different players had a yellow card. But what does the ref do? Throws out the manager.

3. De la Torre didn't take out Borgetti because he needed him for PKs. That's the only reason he kept him in there at the end.

En total, Santos deserved a much better fate. Namely, Lucchetti deserved a better fate. One of the most heroic displays of goalkeeping I've ever seen. I don't remember ever seeing a portero take such a beating.

Oh yeah, and the Mexican bias does exist. Ask ThrashBoy, a diehard Santos fan. Even he agrees that Diego's goal against Cruz Azul last year shouldn't have counted when Conejo got kicked in the face.

6. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Trizzue.
    I remember watching that, turning to El Guero Naco and saying, "I love Santos and all, but that call was total BS."

But it still doesn't compare to yesterday.

My problem: Even if Lucchetti did cross the line too much (which he didn't compared to what the River GK was getting away with), he didn't move left or right, AND THE SHOT WAS RIGHT AT HIM.

7. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not only that but the River goalie went out about 5 feet to make the second stop. But the line judge happened to blink at that exact moment.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    That fat bastard miembro was pathethic. Saying how it was a right call because one feet had to be on the line and Lucheti had both feet like 2 cms in front of the line. But he said Lux didn´t because he had at least one foot on the line. Notwhistanding that the other freakin foot was way in front. What the hell does being in front mean if the other guy had one feet way in front and the other both but was right there. I hope he goes to azteca so I can curse him out.

9. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I feel like everyone else does. Santos was robbed but at least they hold up their heads with pride. Worth more than a win IMO.