Pre-match: San Jose Earthquakes - Seattle Sounders FC (Wednesday, 7/25) pregame thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would jettison Godoy, Eriksson, Affolter andQwiberg for sure, and maybe Alashe and Yueill.

I would not start Wondo.

mjlee22 and BIGBADMIKE repped this.
  2. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I guess we'll know who the real sour apples are once they start leaving.

I would have never guessed in a million years that Fatai potentially would be someone tough to deal with in the locker room...due to how hard he plays for the team. I know a couple insiders have said he is at Bingham levels, but I'm really shocked and bummed to hear it. With most guys it is evident they're shutting it down on the field. I've always felt Fatai fought hard for the jersey.

mjlee22 repped this.
  3. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    We may just see who has market value leaving, however, it's not like teams are busting down the door to raid a team in dead last place.

markmcf8 repped this.
  4. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will be attending the game. I predict a Quakes wind 2-1. Godoy will kick the ball off Alashe nuts for the winning goal. Go Quakes!

bsman repped this.
  5. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I believe Godoy is out with yellow card accumulation.

markmcf8 and Beerking repped this.
  6. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. He will come on the field dressed as Quitana and score. I stand by my prediction! Ok, may be just the score and winning part!

don gagliardi repped this.
  7. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was talking to a "little bird" (who perches on one of the lower branches of the tree) a week or two ago who named no names but said he knew of two players who were almost certainly not going to be back next year and a third of whom he wasn't sure. I don't know any more than that, and if I had to speculate I would guess this would affect somewhere between a million and a million-and-a-half in salary. I only mention this because we shouldn't assume that the Front Office doesn't already have several changes in mind in its long term plan. I would also guess that this might be a continuation of the new regime replacing the old.

markmcf8, TyffaneeSue and Beerking repped this.
  8. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If Fatai has been a problem in the locker room, maybe it's because he tries when he's out there and nobody else does. But also remember that he was brought in under Doyle and Kinnear, started right from the get go, and has watched his playing time dry up under both Kinnear and Stahre. He's been hard done by some god awful coaching staffs.

There are limits to accepting some frustration, of course, and if Alashe behaved poorly, then that would be a shame. You never want players to turn out to be jerks. Of course, athletes are human beings and not saints, and a lot of them don't turn out to be good people. It's why you never idolize athletes or famous people.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  9. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Just to be clear, the information I heard (not from Jesse or anyone on the coaching staff) is that Alashe has an attitude problem. Even if true, he may nevertheless get along fine with most or all of his teammates. Indeed, from my limited personal observation, Alashe is well-liked.

markmcf8 repped this.
  10. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Interesting that a new thread is being spun around about Fatai being in a contract year and that he could be frustrated w his lack of playing time and now that he’a a locker room malcontent ...

looks like blame the victim tactics to me and I may be wrong but in all the time he’s been w the club he’s never been an issue so MAYBE just MAYBE our coach is 100% the culprit of this mess

11. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And just because he has an attitude problem does not mean he doesn't play hard when on the field.

12. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Imo, the only problem he has is being on the bench watching a lot of sleep walking suck ass performers ahead of him in the pecking order. Maybe that's the origin of his "attitude"

13. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My source is not on the coaching staff (as previously mentioned), and my information predates the arrival of Stahre and, therefore, the 2018 season. The information I received related to both Alashe and also Bingham, who was still on the team at the time. There were no evident "tactics" involved in offering me this assessment, and certainly the purpose could not have been to deflect blame from Stahre, who was not around at the time.

By the way, I agree Alashe's temperament is irrelevant to "this mess," namely the bizarre Double Substitution, other than (in my personal opinion, perhaps informed by my experience with my hardline high school coach) he acted unprofessionally when he was removed; he should not be backtalking the coach on the sideline, regardless whether or not he had a right to be upset. That said, I'm inclined to believe Alashe's side of the story, if I ever get to hear it.

bobby_guzman and DasMoots repped this.
  14. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Change of topic....

Hossen/Wondo

Vako
    TT Hyka
    Yuell

Shea Guarm/Cummings Lima

Bresno

That’s my starting 11, on the bench:

Tarbs, Ockford, Wehan, Quincy, Alashe, Eriksson, Partida

Coach: Russel

GM: Leitch

Couldn’t help myself at the end Lol

15. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Sounds like Partida has a potentially season-ending injury, so you may want to have Qwiberg in his spot (on the bench).

16. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ok why not, Qwiberg on the bench

17. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    The best part was the coaching and GM changes

markmcf8, bobby_guzman and Beerking repped this.
  18. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    At this point stahre values an empty spot on the 18 more than Qwiberg. The man has not been given a fair shot to win the spot despite our team needing a left back.

tenfourteen and bobby_guzman repped this.
  19. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Well, I see that Ian Russell has been taking Qwiberg out in the second half of games. It seems he’s barely USL level

20. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Let's get Krazy George to start the game with:

This side--Stahre
    That side--Out

markmcf8, davez, DotMPP and 3 others repped this.
  21. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am kind of old and don't text, so I might be wrong, but I took GFY as "good for you", which seems innocuous.

DotMPP repped this.
  22. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yes, I think it does. Some of us have to help bridge the generation gap on this forum :).

23. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I'd like to see Hyka starting this game.

How was that for a non-confrontational post? :D

markmcf8, QuakeAttack and davez repped this.
  24. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You can probably assume that abbreviations/acronyms include words that don't meet the TOS or are otherwise vulgar.

To dispel some of the comments in the wisely-deleted post, just in case others share those thoughts:

This forum, which is usually pretty peaceful compared to some on BigSoccer, has three mods, two of whom are female (though I understand that women may also be allowed into certain "old boys" networks).

We are VOLUNTEERS! That means we are not compensated, have regular other lives, day jobs, families, friends, and other volunteer commitments. BigSoccer is a fan forum, and although team staff can of course read public posts, they have no direct input and certainly don't manage us, nor do we speak for them. Au contraire! I try to hop over here throughout the day, every day, no matter where I am in the world, but if someone has an issue, best to flag a post or message a mod.

markmcf8, don gagliardi, NedZ and 2 others repped this.
  25. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate your efforts and felt that if I was put in a position to have to accept an insult in order to reply to a post, I thought it was just fair to render an insult in return.

Edit: I did not bother to check... I thought my post was deleted. It's still there. I don't mind it being deleted either, if peace may be restored.