Post-match: San Jose Earthquakes - New England Revolution (Wednesday, 6/13) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The final score is:

[​IMG] 2 - 2 [​IMG]

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

P.S. = Please don't post results of other soccer (including MLS) games and other sports' games in this thread until at least 24 hours after they've ended.

2. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    Well that's 2nd game in the row someone's missed a last minute chance to win the game. 1 point instead of 6 as a result.

3. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good games by jungwirth and hoesen. TT was solid. Lima burned 1v1 on their second goal but made up for it with a sick assist on our second.

Tarbell terrible keeping on their free kick goal. He needs to be benched immediately. Time to call up Marcinkowski.

Vako had some solid 50/50 ball wins in the middle of the field but he was awful on their second goal... he was at the top of the box for our corner and just did nothing to break up the counter when NE won the ball and let his man run free up the field.

Eriksson very meh.

Affolter was ok at left back but that's not a long term solution. This is one thing that is not stahre's fault. Stahre has made many mistakes this season but the left back situation is not his fault (unless he is the one who told Jesse to sign qwiberg).

4. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the 2nd goal is entirely on Vako?

5. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    Seems to be the DP curse. Everyone around is making as many or more mistakes but yours gets all the attention.

Woeful system this DP.

6. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I was wrong about PROReferres not having a problem with stoppage time since it was totally screwed up again. And it appears Stott didn’t even watch...paycheck for not working.

Starhe is so beyond worthless. Cummings needs to get back fast because Quintana plays like he’s about 12. I agree with Danger that Flo is a better CB than he is a 6, but the assist was sweet.

7. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcinowski needs more time at Reno. He has too many gaffs. They could kill his confidence. They need to do the Yarbrough deal.
    Eriksson is worse than just meh. Thompson was meh, but it’s Eriksson that should have come out unless TT’s fitness is not there.

bsman repped this.
  8. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TT finally got the start and didn't play all that well. On the NE counter goal, Wondo was straight out yelling at TT before kickoff. I think we won't be seeing him start for quite some time.

Quintana had a bad game. Two goals on his stupid errors in two games.

Can we send Magnus packing yet?

9. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he was yellling at the referee for being slow to blow the whistle to restart the match. Unless you were there at the game and actually saw Wondo screaming at TT?

And TT wasn't involved at all in the 2nd goal, so not sure why Wondo would scream at him if he actually was?

Let's put the blame where the blame belongs: Our defense and goalkeeper are SHIT. Our front office is shit for not identifying/shoring up the defense. Our owner is shit for not giving 2 fcucks about how pathetic the front office is.

Or maybe our owner is shit for not giving the team the actual support (ie spendings) that they asked for.

Beerking and Skillachii repped this.
  10. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, folks, I'm back. I really wanted to quit but I'm back. I can't leave you all here to suffer by yourselves, we'll suffer together.

The team may fail us. And I'm going to fail the fcuking team in return. No more going to games, no more gear purchases, no more promoting the team to friends and family.

But I will not fail fellow fans. Thus, I am back, to commiserate with you all, till the very tearful end.

mjlee22 repped this.
  11. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game watching him yell at TT. My guess is that TT was supposed to track the right forward on the counter and did not.

12. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone makes mistakes that led to goals, Wondo has made plenty himself. He should save the screaming for the asshat defenders and the asshat goalkeeper.

13. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Haven’t seen the play, but if a player should have been tracking a player to break up the counter/attack, then why not letting him know. Obviously the defenders should do a good job but if you can prevent that situation from happening in the first place, that’s also part of the fault.

14. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, but I always hold the defense as the bigger culprit. Their job is to DEFEND. They failed miserably. To place the majority of a blame on a guy who is starting his first game after playing sparingly the whole season on failing to track the player, who was only able to be sprung because of an especially bad corner kick, is just too much.

If the defense had to depend on TT to prevent them from having to actually do the defense thing they're assigned for, we're in deep shit.

Oh wait....

15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I knew you couldn't stay away. Let me know when you want to be my guest for a game. :)

bobby_guzman repped this.
  16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Kudos to the Few. The Proud. The Quakes fans who showed up tonight. Great atmosphere, as it usually is when only the hardcore descend on the stadium.

DotMPP, Ultan and chris thebassplayer repped this.
  17. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    I said the best I could hope for was a tie. Wow, 10 whole points in 14 games, 10 whole points!

Sigh

Beerking repped this.
  18. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If a defender provides horrible service is it the forwards fault for not scoring those opportunities? Their job is to score.

I’m not saying it’s his fault the goal is scored. But if it was your responsibility to cover a player who started up the counter attack, yeah. You’re partly at fault.

DotMPP repped this.
  19. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The bright side of supporting a dire team is that the opposing teams come to Avaya to win, which yields open, entertaining games.

Blank Stahre with the stoppage time sub to waste time to preserve a home tie. Even though Yuell got the flubbed chance, he was meant to be a time waster. Playing for a home tie was Kinnear's final straw. I think we won't see a repeat this year--too damning on Fioranelli.

Affolter at left back with Qwiberg in civvies confirms Fioranelli's incompetence.

Stahre Out.
    Fioranelli Out.

davez, Beerking and bobby_guzman repped this.
  20. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Don, but it'll be next season. I'm not going to any more games this season. I'll still watch them and commiserate with ya'll on here, but no more live games for me. I just cannot handle the heartbreaks in person anymore.

davez repped this.
  21. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what a swing and a miss on that one. Too bad, since Qwiberg seems a nice guy, with the right attitude, but, obviously the Swedish 2nd division is USL level at best. So, we wasted an international spot on a USL level player.

SJTillIDie, davez and bobby_guzman repped this.
  22. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man up, Snowflake!

don gagliardi repped this.
  23. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as the forwards got their foot on the ball serviced in by defenders, then IT IS the forwards' job to score. If the ball never got to the forward's feet ie it's a horrible servie, then it's not the forwards' jobs to score as they never even have the ball.

The defenders are there for a reason, they exist to defend as the last line when the opponents punch through the forwards/mids. That's their job. If we expect Forwards and Mids to do all the defending, then why bother having defenders.

24. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fcuck that :p

25. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It’s a team sport. And it’s called breaking up plays, tactical fouls, thinking ahead of your opponent, acting instead of reacting.