San Francisco Deltas Superthread

Discussion in 'NASL' started by SoccerPrime, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Sounds like pure Giorgio. LOL.

If there is a man who has proven over his life that you don't take anything he says as truth or gospel it is him.

He makes JK look like a bona fide saint TBH.

No one who knew him trusted him for one second....that includes the likes of Franz and Pele. Had the pleasure of knowing them both, knew Pele's son well when he played at Blau Weis Gottschee in Queens, and my dad still gets a Frohe Weinachetn Karte from Franz every year.

Yeah...know one knew more than Giorgio. Business, crime restaurants, clothes.....you name it....only Giorgio knew better. The man scored goals, but he was a lying criminal prick. Athletes who play at decent level always get away with so much because many only see the sports side of it. I wish they had retained him in Italy, but he got out of there quick, because he knew he was gonna go to jail if he stayed. Hell Ray Lewis has a statue in Baltimore and an announcing gig. Talk about a joke.

Giorgio Chinalgia.....asshole.

2. CenCalFooty

CenCalFooty Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Fresno
    Club:
    Fresno Fuego
    No part of me wants Fresno in NASL. keep us in PDL before we go that route.

3. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Yeah, I don't understand pushing the tech angle at all. This is soccer, not a tech company. As a tech person myself I don't give a rats ass how much they have invested in tech, I don't go to games because you used fancy technology to sell me a ticket. I go to the games to watch my team. Just give me a comfortable seat at a reasonable price without any hassle, and I am happy.

jaykoz3, DanGerman and 30King repped this.
  4. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evan Ream reported that there is Fresno group moving forward with USL and it's not the Fuego.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Osionnaigh

Osionnaigh New Member

Everton
    Republic of Ireland
    Apr 18, 2017
    Agree completely. No clue why they keep pushing the tech side of the investors. Teams that have built fans bases have followed a formula of consistent grass roots engagement, reasonable prices and having quality soccer to watch. I'm surpised how many soccer folks don't know about the Deltas in SF. They should seriously change their marketing strategy.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    don gagliardi repped this.
  8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Keep The West Weird

10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Checked out the SF City clubhouse today and signed up for a season pass.

11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This might be a weird question but what does the club house entail? When I hear club house I imagine where the team trains.

12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The team store / club house is a converted shipping container. But it's a lot more exciting than that sounds. It's part of a shipping container complex in the parking lot across the inlet from AT&T Park, next to the Bay. The complex includes Street Soccer fields and an outdoor bar serving Anchor Steam, with a burger concession as well.

Assuming SF City keeps the store open on Giants games, it would not surprise me if their annual merchandise sales far exceed those of the Quakes, not to mention the Deltas. City's branding is much more aesthetically pleasing, as befits a fan-owned club.

futgod repped this.
  13. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just curious, how much was the season pass?

14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    $60 for 8 games. Includes team scarf & pin.

DanGerman repped this.
  15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'd like to bump an old thought.

Back on April 8 I wrote the following.

Those 3 weeks are nearly up. The game is days away.

Only thing I'd add to what I said is that there is a Giants game that day. And there is a free SFCFC game much earlier in the day. Still, they've had weeks to sell this game.

We're going to learn a lot of the Delta's chances for survival before the week is out.

16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Photo tweeted by SFCFC. (Bay to the left of and AT&T Park behind the photographer).

sf city fc clubhouse store.jpg

futgod, athletics68 and DanGerman repped this.
  17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    SF City supporters don't appear inclined to cuddle up with the Deltas.

deltas.jpg

C-Rob repped this.
  18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    This is a quite obvious sock-puppet for a poster that was red carded on this thread.

ScreenClip.png ScreenClip.png
    ScreenClip.png
    ScreenClip.png

@SoccerPrime and @atlanticTFCfan have been notified.

DanGerman and C-Rob repped this.
  19. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    IMG_3249.JPG

20. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow glad to see all the Deltas RIP people on here. Seriously, its been two games.

There are a lot of supporters for the Deltas and there are plenty of supporters for SF City. Doesn't mean both of them can't survive in SF.

Give a Deltas game chance, and come out to some games, drink some beer and have some fun.

The quality of soccer is good and its a very solid team.

21. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, many of us have been doom-saying the Deltas from the day they announced they were playing at Kezar (or even before). At this point it's not "Deltas RIP", it's more "Told Ya So".

As for giving them a chance, if they wise up and move the team out of SF to a better suited location, or pony up big bucks to build a real SSS in a viable location in the city proper, renamed the team to something not stupid, market themselves even a moderate amount... then I'll give them a chance. If they're going to continue to waste their time playing at Kezar, maintain their tone deaf name, and follow this asinine tech strategy... well lets just say I've got my popcorn ready.

Knave repped this.
  23. annapolis

annapolis Member

Jul 3, 2001
    Wow! Did one of the owners sleep with your wife or something?

oneeyedfool repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where else in the Bay Area can they play? There is no other suitable stadium other than maybe Stanford's Maloney Field at Laird Q. Cagan Stadium. The rest are all simply too big and not worth accommodating a crowd of under 5,000 fans.

25. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The idea that makes the most sense is to merge with the Oakland group and move to the East Bay. But that won't happen for countless reasons. It's SF and Kezar or bust for the Deltas.