Salvadorans Abroad: 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by BKR inC, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Oscar Sorto has left Orange County Soccer club in the USL, stating he wants to try his luck at a more higher level
    External Links: https://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/Sa...-equipo-en-Estados-Unidos--20180510-0003.html

Odir Flores played no minutes in Guastatoya 1-1 draw in their quarterfinal game.

Tomas Granitto scored in his third consecutive game for Miami United, as they won 5-2 against Kendell FC. they now face Miami FC 2 in the 2nd round of the US open cup

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    What waisted potential. Ever time I think of them choosing the npsl it makes me question their logic more. I work with a guy that played in the npsl. They had so many options and are in their prime years. The only thing worse would be if they decided to become rappers

3. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Agreed, Granitto is so talented literally saw him as the next ramon sanchez (before he was banned for life).
    I wish National team coach would make a stand and say he would not select anyone playing USL or PDL ...have to be the top division of US soccer. whats wrong with trying your luck in the first second division of europe (scandivia, portugal, spain, france, romania, hungary, england, etc.)

Willsant87 and slaminsams repped this.
  4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Agree. I think that the next NT coach should not accept players who are taking the easy way out. But then there’s a question. What does that consider? Isn’t Thailand an under par league, yet our main striker (Nelson) is there. Some USL players have potential (like Joaquin Rivas), should they also not be given the chance to play just because they are in the USL? Santamaría team just relegated, and while i think he moves to another team, does that mean he also doesn’t get called up?
    Obviously, we’re just fans so we don’t effect much of who and what will happen with the NT. I would like to see some basis and consistency though. If Joaquin isn’t given a chance then menjivar should stop getting called up. If Nelson gets called up i would like to see Pena get another shot.

5. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Its tough because this is a new cycle so perhaps its time to put the stamp now and let the players know whats the expectation. But I would love them to follow what Ange did for the Australia national football team Pick players who are playing regularly , have match fitness and was thinking of the future. Nelson Bonilla is tough he needed to regain his form, the question would be is he in our top 5 strikers and you would have to say yes. Where as Menjivar I dont see him in our top 10 and honestly better midfielders at the moment.

What I hated is a lot of these young players play a handful of games domestically and head I mean the most recent success players that have headed abroad have played significant amount of time.
    Comparison
    Darwin Ceren played 83 Games domestically before heading to USA, while Tomas Granitto played 8 games.

6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Josue Odir Flores played the full 90 minutes in Guastatoya 4-0 victory over Deportivo Siquinalá, which allowed them to win 5-1 on aggregate
    External Links: http://www.elsalvador.com/deportes/futbol/480188/josue-odir-flores-a-semifinales-en-guatemala/

Pablo Punyed played the full 90 minutes in KR draw with Grindavik, Derby also played the full 90 minutes in IBV loss against KA
    External Links: http://www.elsalvador.com/deportes/futbol/480138/pablo-punyed-y-kr-con-empate-de-visita/

Darwin Ceren come of with a knee injury after playing 15 Minutes in Houston Dynamo 2-2 Vancouver Whitecaps, Arturo Alvarez came on at 72 minute.
    It sucks for Ceren who has been a regular in the Dynamo lineup.
    External Links: https://www.laprensagrafica.com/dep...n-con-el-Dynamo-en-la-MLS--20180512-0074.html

7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He did a complete 180 during the 2018 WC cycle, starting players despite little to no game time ie Brad Smith and Robbie Kruse.

As you would remember, his stubbornness nearly cost us the 2018 WC.

8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Yeah which what eventually cost his job because he went against his own philosophy, plus his stubbornness of trying to play 3 in the back even though we don't have the players to play that system.
    But his initial 2.5 yeas reign is exactly the type of coaching we need right now

9. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Another guy to add to the List, Juan Herrera-Perla with the Las Vegas Lights of the USL. 23 years old Defender who played four years of College Soccer before signing a his 1st pro contract with LVL FC in 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Herrera-Perla

La Trucha repped this.
  10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nice find.

Looks like he’s teammates with Freddy Adu lmao.

11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well you can remove Lester Blanco form the players abroad list, as he has asked and was granted a release by Ecuadorian club Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Loja. Blanco time there troublesome he played four games, missed large chunk of the season due to injury and the club financial problem has spurred him to leave.
    External link: http://www.elsalvador.com/deportes/futbol/483462/mark-lester-blanco-se-va-del-futbol-de-ecuador/

Don't expect to include Dustin Corea or Rodolfo Zelaya to playing abroad, as the former has joined FAS, while the latter confirmed he has no desire to leave Alianza.
    External Links: http://www.elsalvador.com/deportes/futbol/483450/dustin-corea-regresa-a-club-deportivo-fas/

12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I removed Granitto and Corea from the list once they moved to NPSL lmao.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    At this point why even bother posting Fito news abroad? Since every time he will stick with Big Daddy Pohl.

Willsant87 repped this.
  14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Ivan Barahona (Ex Dragon) is heading to USA to trial with DC United
    External links: https://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/Ex-jugador-del-Dragon-a-prueba-en-el-DC-United-20180524-0013.html

Diego Coca (ex Limeno) is heading to a physical and medical with a chance to join Argentinian Deportivo Riestra in the second division.
    External Lnks: https://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/Di...-en-el-futbol-de-Argentina-20180524-0012.html

Marvin Marquez “Choma”, Jordi Bonilla and Milton Quintanilla (Ex Dragon) are ehading to trial with clubs in south america

La Trucha, SamKnight and slaminsams repped this.
  15. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wishing that it goes well for them, and if they do manage to sign I hope that they don't pussy out and return home after only 1 year or less when they face adversity. I'm tired of our players having a weak mentality when going abroad.

Blue_nation724, BKR inC and slaminsams repped this.
  16. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm getting more worried about our players with CPL starting next year and the USL that keeps expanding. I have no doubt that those leagues will start to poach some of our talent.

17. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I have not been paying much attention but Andres Flores has been doing pretty good for Portland so far, 8 games played,2 started,2 assists, and 241 mins played.

Ceren so far has 9 games played, 8 started, 1 goal, and 719 mins played for Houston.

18. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Our MLS players are doing well , which is a good one

19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Blue_nation724 and La Trucha repped this.
  20. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  21. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Rumors

Rudy Valencia has offers to play abroad including Municipal from Guatemala, Arabe Unidos from panama and clubs in Thailand.
    I wouldn't mind he went to panama, that elague has been progressing nicely and would like to see how our players fair, Also they are scouted well from South America and overseas.
    External Links: https://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/Ru...ara-jugar-en-el-extranjero-20180529-0004.html

Meanwhile Jorge Moran has joined PDL side Aguilchos USA
    External Links: https://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/Jo...-arranque-el-Apertura-2018-20180529-0020.html

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The Aguilochos aren’t even PDL they are npsl. They have disappointed me by not having more Salvadorian Americans though they have been decent in some US open cups. Still Moran is yet another disappointment he showed some flair early in his career

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I’m not a fan of ethnic clubs deliberately trying to have a team of players from the one ethnicity. We’ve seen this happen in Australia too often in the past with the ethnic clubs.

Besides, the NPSL isn’t what Salvadoran-Americans should be aiming for anyway.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol I've coached against that Aguilucho team... Yikes.

25. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    My apologise I posted that very late and did not realise my mistake until after I logged on again. Doesn't suprise me to be honest, I actually happy our younger players are trying to move to leagues thataren't PDL, NPSL etc.