Sacramento MLS Expansion Superthread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Nov 28, 2013.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yep. Net Worth is not the same as Cash Flow.

You can be worth several billion dollars, yet have to take out a loan to buy a new house - if all of your worth is tied up in assets.

And even if you've got enough change in the couch cushions to buy a house, the amount of cash outlays to start an MLS team is a whole 'nother level.

2. Salvadanish

Salvadanish Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Vancouver, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    You guys remember that HIMYM episode when Barney was dating Wendy the waitress, and Ted and Marshall were all like, "You're gonna kill the bar dude, don't kill the bar?"

Sub Neagle for Barney, and yeah this is kinda like that.

3. Ollie L

Ollie L New Member

Sac Republic
    United States
    Dec 19, 2017
  4. jeffdude64

jeffdude64 New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Sacramento
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another point that has come up is that Whitman and York's investment is contingent on SRFC getting the MLS bid accepted, and it appears that MLS requires one of the whale investors to be fully committed before the bid is accepted.

It's sort of a catch-22. It's also sort of an unreasonable and silly requirement. Why shouldn't Whitman and York make their commitments contingent on the bid being accepted? If the bid isn't accepted, they would otherwise be investing in nothing.

And I'm wondering if there was full communication between SRFC investors and MLS, or if MLS made the requirement clear ahead of time and Nagle/York/Whitman ignored it, or if MLS just moved the goal posts, and Nagle and other investors were broadsided.

I smell bullshit in some of this, and I'm not sure if it's from Nagle, Whitman, York, Garber, the BoG, or whatever.

It's exhausting, ugh. :mad::confused:

5. jeffdude64

jeffdude64 New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Sacramento
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. That settles that, and, and coupled with the apparent fact that York's investment is stadium only, kind of kills the theory that Nagle's ego is getting in the way.

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

7. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't understand the material distinction between being committed before the bid is accepted and being committed if the bid is accepted. If MLS is satisfied that Whitman et all are in fact committed if the MLS bid is accepted why would that not be good enough?

I'll look into this.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    943992711022915584 is not a valid tweet id

943997504781148165 is not a valid tweet id

OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    weeeee neeeeed aaaaaa heeerrrooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

(who just happens to have obscene amounts of money)

bobby_guzman and Ollie L repped this.
  10. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a gang, we got the driver, and the one who'll buy rounds... but we have no one to pay cover.

We are standing outside the nightclub with everything we need but to get past the bouncer.

This is so studio 51.

11. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, get your shit together Sactown!!!! You're the only team that my tied-down-with-kids ass can ever make it to an away game for...

I've been dreaming of walking along the river while having a cigarette break heading to your stadium prior to farting in your supporters' faces for 90 minutes! Do right by me, boys and girls!!!!

12. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much value your life has that is dependent on hating fans of other teams is truly sad, John.

Almost as sad as the anonymous accounts you created because QuakesForever got made a fool.

You. Are. Adorable.

13. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like you mistake me for someone else. And I do hate your team and the fans, because that's what rivals do. That's why I await you to come to the big boys' table. Whether or not my value in life has to do with hating you or your team is none of your business. You want to feel sad about it, go for it. I ain't sitting here crying LOL

So take your "adorable bullshit" elsewhere, and tell your team to stop wasting everyone's time and pull their head out of their ass.

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    If hating other teams is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Fcuk the Galaxy.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  15. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear to God, Knave, is QuietType always this thin-skinned? If he/she is, then I'm going to have to stop posting passive-aggressive statements designed to heat up our upcoming rivalry :)

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    In times like these it's important that we all focus on what unites us.

Fcuk the Galaxy.

17. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They may become irrelevant in a few years if LAFC keeps upping the ante. I see them moving to San Diego within 10 years.

athletics68 repped this.
  18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    What if they move to Sacramento?

The horror ... the horror ...

19. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope not, I am very sure that Nagle will do the right thing and Sac will be playing at the big boys table long before Carson Galaxy makes their way to the southern border.

20. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though I hate the Galaxy, I loathe Miami Beckham United with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. If we do get in, I can't wait for his sorry-ass team to come to town.

Robdog and SierraSpartan repped this.
  21. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Did someone call my name?"

[​IMG]

22. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    We'll always have 2017...

[​IMG]

Salvadanish, Knave and AndyMead repped this.
  23. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Since we are going all Sac-town vs LA, I just want to put it out there that The Kings will finish higher than the Lake Show this season

24. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not hard to do.

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    well the MSM will tell you differently - I am going against the current theme & saying the Sacramento Kings will finish the season with a better record than the Los Angeles Lakers. So this New Year's you can go to South Lake Tahoe & put a bet on that. Then come back & say thanks for the tip ;) Happy Holidays!!!