Ryan Finley at Angelholms

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ForZaAaB, Jun 22, 2010.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bungadiri repped this.
  2. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I didn't watch the game but Finley scored his second goal in three games today. You can see the goal below 50 seconds into the video.

ebado, Winoman and BostonRed repped this.
  3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Ryan "Jamie Vardy" Finley.

4. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I watched most of the game between AFC United and Ängelholm yesterday. It was a potential matchup between three yanks abroad, however Tristan Bowen remained on the bench where he has spent most of his time so far this season (around 90 minutes played 6 games into the league).

Ryan Finley and Josh Wicks both started for their teams and one would have hoped that this would have meant alot of situations where both the forward and his opponent goalkeeper was involved. However, this was not to be as Finley was almost completely invisible in this game. Granted that this might have been his toughest opponent so far but it was the worst game I've seen from him. All is not negative though as he still has an scoring rate of 0.49 goals per 90 games played in the league so he has been doing well overall so far.

Wicks didn't have that much to do, maybe he could have pulled off a great save on one of the goals he conceded but I think overall he has a pretty solid reputation as one of the most reliable keepers in Superettan, the commentator of the game even said this. AFC United is looking really good in general as a team and seem very likely to get promoted at the end of the year which I guess would be a nice return for Wicks to the bigger stages after alot of years out in the wilderness.

5. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    After five games without scoring Finley doubled his season total today with two new goals in a 2-2 draw.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winoman and BostonRed repped this.
  6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=shortcorner&entry=488

Former Columbus Crew and Chivas USA forward Ryan Finley has penned a short-term contract with Danish club Naestved BK.

Naestved's sporting director Jesper Frisenholm confirmed the move in the local media, giving details about the the team's approach to the signing and hopes for the 25 year-old forward, who moves from Swedish Superettan club Ängelholms FF.

"We have made an agreement that initially applies to the rest of this year," Frisenholm clarified, adding "we would like to just see how he fits into our style of play."

Naestved plays in the second tier of the Danish system, and is currently in the middle of the division's standings with a win, loss and draw in first three games.

Media reports suggest that it will still take several weeks to sort out his residence and work permit before he can begin playing for the team, however this will still leave him close to 15 games to make his case before the onset of the league's winter break in late-November.

Winoman repped this.
  7. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I was wondering why he couldn't be found on a team sheet for Angelholm.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Winoman repped this.
  9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

@bungadiri @Friedel'sAccent -- Since the header to this thread needs to be written with an Etch-a-Sketch, let's go generic with:

Ryan Finley in Scandinavia

Winoman repped this.
  10. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryan Finley announced his retirement from soccer two weeks ago and went to work for his father, Terry Finley. Terry is a known figure in horse racing and who owns the management company West Point Thoroughbreds

Good timing. Part of a Kentucky Derby winning team with Always Dreaming

[​IMG]

Winoman repped this.