Russian clubs in the Asian Champions League

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Rusich, Apr 21, 2010.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Ask yourself the question, why should Russian clubs play in Asia?? They shouldn't, and thats the debate over.

There are millions of Russians in this world, but there is only one of you that wants to play in Asia.

2. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    You misunderstood me. I want the Russian clubs play in Europe and Asia, and the Russian national team remained to play in Europe. The British do not worry because of this. We will not prohibit the conduct four of the championship, and have 4 national teams.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I understand what you want, but you must understand that it won't happen. Russia, no matter how big the country is cannot play in two federations.

They could though play in regional tournaments which they already do, such as the CIS Cup. In theory, they could form another cup to be played for the Siberian clubs, but how do they persuade other nations to play against them?

4. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    CIS Cup is not interesting to anyone in Moscow, there are only reservists.The following year, Kazakhstan wants to hold it in Astana.
    To Siberian clubs allowed to play in the Asian Cups need a compromise between the RFU, FIFA and AFC. FIFA should allow, as they are willing to establish fubola across the globe. For the AFC and its sponsors will be a plus access to Russian markets.
    UEFA would be very pleased, because a version will be removed when Liverpool will fly to the match in Vladivostok, but Rafa Benitez will eat his tie.:)

5. Sakuraroo

Sakuraroo New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but just because the AFC website can also be viewed in Russian, it doesn't exactly add weight to the argument that some Russian clubs should participate in the AFC Champions League. You can't have some Russian clubs playing in one confederation and another set playing in another, it's not fair, and what's to stop this from setting an ugly precedent for other clubs around the world? FIFA won't buy it, and the AFC most definitely won't buy it. They already have enough on their plate trying to get the current format for the AFC Champions League right.

It's easier for some North African nations to travel to Europe than it is to South Africa, for example. Does this mean they should be playing in Europe?

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As some have said before, only if Siberia secedes from Russia will your dream of Vladivostok playing in ACL or even AFC Cup ever happen. No clubs from any country in the world play in two federations' tournaments.

I do agree that Asia is far too big and I don't think the term "Asia" and the idea of what it includes actually originated from Asia. China alone is bigger than Europe (discounting Russia). A European country is just about the size of a province in China. But that's how things are and we just have to live with it.

BTW, I would love to see Liverpool travel to Vladivostok for a Europa League tie, by train, if Everton don't overtake them for seventh place in the EPL.

7. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Geographically, Africa is not Europe, but Siberia - this is Asia. Logically, Siberian clubs should play in Asia. African clubs should play in Africa.

8. dorayaki-redded

dorayaki-redded Red Card

Apr 23, 2010
    It will never happen.

Btw I remember the Vladivostok club had a training camp in Japan 2 years ago during off season and played several matches against J. League clubs.

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Logically, Siberian clubs are affiliated to Russia, so they should play in Europe.

I do think though, that if you do want to carry on this debate, then you need better reasons for why Russian clubs should play in Asian competition, other than the reason that they are in Asia but affliated to Europe.

10. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Football and basketball clubs from Vladivostok even wanted to play in Japanese or Korean league, but football and basketball unions Russia until the ban. While the hockey situation is reversed. Ice Hockey Federation of Russia a few years, plans to establish a Pacific Division in the KHL. It will include HC Amur Khabarovsk and clubs from Japan and China.
    http://khl-news.com/pacific-ocean-division-in-khl/

11. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like your idea and your thinking. It is quite innovative. Let us call these two confederations Russia West - affiliated to the UEFA and Russia East- affiliated to AFC.
    Maybe the Ural mountains can be the dividing line?In your analysis of the situation, you have made a few simplifications that I will like to point out.
    Russia west and Russia east will have to play as different entities in qualifying, world cups etc. Like the case is with the UK currently. You cannot have Russia as a whole playing from Europe and some of their clubs playing in the AFC. If the teams are to be split on the basis of their geography, then all the players who are eligible for Russia (United) but were born in the Eastern part of Russia, will no longer be able to play for Russia west. That might not go down well with the Russian federation.

I opened an atlas and saw the cities that you've mentioned. The cities are very far from the European portion of Russia, but if these places are to play in the AFC CL, they are equally far from the Middle East. the Indian subcontinent and even South East Asia. So that point of your might not be valid. Rinat Dasayev was born in Astrakhan , which is border line East/West Russia. How angry would the Russian team be if he were to play for the AFC affiliated NT today. ;)

12. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    I do not agree with you, Australia is further away from Japan and Saudi Arabia. Also in the AFC Champions League a few games and in any case, clubs have to fly long distances. First of all, the creation of the Siberian League (East Russia) greatly reduced the distance to the championship for the Siberian clubs and allow them to spend less on charters. Most flying club Luch Vladivostok able to reduce the distance to 40000 km. Clubs from Tomsk, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Novokuznetsk, Barnaul 60% of away games will be played in France or Germany (maximum 700 km).
    The Russian national team should be one and any player from the Siberian Club will play for her. While we certainly would be good to have a second national team of Russia in Asia, but FIFA is definitely not allow.:(

13. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why dont we just make a global champions league?

14. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  15. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    If Russia gives independence to the land east of the Ural mountains, then it can happen.

So "Siberia" as an separate nation can come up with their own FA, and national team. And then they can be part of the AFC. And then their champion team can participate in the ACL. IF they do well, then we can give 2 slot for the "Siberian Republic."

Even so, I'm not sure if a team like Tom Tomsk can do that well in the ACL anyway. They might make it out of the group stages.

16. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    You are underestimating Tom. They play intelligent football, with pressure from all over the field, highlighted physique. By the way, their coaches known in Asia and Africa Valeri Nepomniachi. He was the first African team brought in 1 / 4 of the World Cup (Cameroon 1990).
    This year, Tom has played with three clubs parties UEFA Champions League 2010 \ 2011. Draw 2-2 with Spartak Moscow and Zenit 0-0 defeat against Rubin Kazan 0-1 (red card player Tom on 75 minutes, a goal Rubin on 76 minutes).
    If Tom this season would play in the AFC Champions League, I am sure that they could play in the final.:)

17. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't buy this ' you need a second nation to have a second national team'. No you don't. You need a separate footballing association to have a second national team. Wales is not a separate nation. Neither are Scotland, Isle of Man or Northern Ireland. But they have their own football associations.

Siberia can have its separate FA, but then Siberian players can't play for Russia.

PS: I just love the name Tom Tomsk :p

18. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Incidentally, in West and Central Siberia (Tomsk, Kemerovo, Novosibirsk, Omsk Region and Altai Territory), a large German diaspora. The governor of Tomsk region Victor Kress is an ethnic German, the ninth governor of a German in the history of the city. Andreas Beck is a German football defender who plays for 1899 Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga. He was born in the city of Kemerovo, about 200 km from Tomsk.

1 person likes this.
  19. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I know they have Nepomnichi. He used to be a coach at the K-League. Tom Tomsk also has 2 Korean players there. They may be pretty good for the standard of AFC, but I don't know if they'll make it to the finals of ACL. Currently I see them making it to the second round out of its group. Maybe to the round after that too. But finals off the bat? I don't know about that.

20. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Maybe so. Either way, the Siberian players cannot play for the Russian national team, and I don't think Russia will be happy with that.

21. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    3 :)

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexican clubs are in CONCACAF and have fans that care more about how their clubs do in CONMEBOL competitions than in CONCACAF competitions.

23. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    They want to Mexico turned into CONMEBOL? Or only a few clubs playing in the Copa Libertadores?

24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Mexico is going to leave CONCACAF, but for years they have had clubs participate in the Copa Libertadores and in one case win the Copa Sudamericana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Copa_Libertadores will tell you about Mexican clubs in the 2010 Copa Libertadores.

25. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Russian clubs in the Asian Champions League

And our NT also plays CONMEBOL's Copa América. :D

Anyways... CONCACRAP now want us to play with out U 20 or U 23, I don't remember... and they forbidden us to play Sudamericana anymore, I guess they will do the same with Copa América & Libertadores soon. :mad: