Russia 2018: Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by KRCSoccer, Jun 15, 2017.

1. EricJohn

EricJohn Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Besides booking and hotel.com...does anyone know any local russian sites that offer lodging?

2. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Simon PM or Whattsapp with specific duration from the 25th onwards to see if maybe it works. Cheers Mate

3. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    https://ostrovok.ru/

It is the Russian equivalent of booking.com, recommended by Russians.

4. Carlozik

Carlozik New Member

Poland
    Dec 2, 2017
    Does anyone have a legit information about who will need to register at the immigration office, when, where and how? I'm going first to Kaliningrad for 5 days, then Moscow for 5 days and will be staying at Hostels or Mini-Hotels, and I'm not sure they will (want to have anything to do with) register-ing me as a guest. One hostel in Moscow already wrote to me that they lack of staff and won't do any registration so I'd have to do that myself (however I'm not sure it's possible).

5. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    ^^
    Why do you need to register? Is this something to do with Fan-ID? What have I missed?

6. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Everyone have to register within 24 hours after arrival to the city.
    Regular procedure here. But time limit was shorten.

Normal hotels will do it for you during check in. But lazy and cheap places can ask you to do it by yourself in some local migration center. I would recommend you to double check that.

At the same time - hard to say how strict the officials will be about that.

7. Carlozik

Carlozik New Member

Poland
    Dec 2, 2017
    Exactly. Still, I really hope it's going to be a pro-visitor approach, with enough signs, leaflets, information etc. for everyone to do it properly. I'm quite stressed, well, maybe not about going to jail ;) but I'd like to do it properly. And in the worst case, I'll have to register two times in Kaliningrad (because on my way back from Moscow I'm planning to stay in Kaliningrad for one more night) and once in Moscow, all by myself.

8. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    is the registration a one time thing when you get into russia or must you do it in every city?

Also for anybody going to Sochi, are you staying in the City or near the stadium? The stadium is 40km away from the City.

9. Nick Kharchenko

Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yes, every city, every hotel actually. Russian Government want to know where you are exactly. That's the main idea. Usually it's for 7 days long trips. But for WC2018 it`s 24 hours for foreigners and 3 days for russians.

rafael_mia and BuddhaWake repped this.
  10. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Oh my goodness. This is not visitor friendly at all. What if you are staying in airbnb?

11. Carlozik

Carlozik New Member

Poland
    Dec 2, 2017
    Then it should be the host registering you - but it might be that he doesn't want to do that, so you ought to do it by yourself... or that's how I understand the rules. :)

12. Nick Kharchenko

Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    You have to inform about your location, so with Airbnb you have to go to the police and fill out some forms.

13. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nick, Gaz was saying that after first registration you only need to register in a second city if you are there for 5 business days or longer. Can you post a link up from where you’ve quoted every city and the 3 days bit please so I can read up on this registration requirement.

14. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    This sounds much more reasonable as I wouldn't think many people would be staying in a single city for more 5 or more days. I would think most people arrive the day before the match and leave the day after the match? Moscow likely to be the exception

Stuckin1au repped this.
  15. Nick Kharchenko

Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  16. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Whilst this is helpful I’m not 100 percent convinced it’s accurate nor official for the simple fact that it’s easily possible you could fly From Sochi to STP for semi 1 and then leave that night to go to Moscow semi 2 within 24-36hrs and not physically be able to register in StP. I think we all need to look harder at this topic and source official advice. A British website does not fill me with confidence.

17. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    What if you were planning on less than 24 hours in a city coming from another Russian city? For example going to Nizhny Novgorod for Sweden vs. South Korea then heading back to Moscow at night time (4 hour train) would be okay not to register?

18. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    I think it was missed a few posts above, but who is planning on staying in Sochi City vs Sochi near the stadium?

19. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Surely this will result in absolute chaos at the police stations?!?!?!

20. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I don't think they care too much about chaos. But its the law. Maybe they will be more relaxed during the tournament but most countries are not keen on having people be about without knowing where you are at some point, especially when to let you in all you need is a ticket unlike any other time.

21. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
  22. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    We are staying at a beach hotel , near the stadium

23. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    I thought the whole coast was beach? Or is it better near the stadium. Little bit of a catch 22- I'll have to research more.

24. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I booked in Alder also, near the stadium and airport. This was recommended to me as the way to go, and as I'm only there for 2 days was better logistically. Will be great to see you again my friend, as it's been 4 years! First pint's on me!

whiskerxx and themanlarry repped this.
  25. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I bet it is the same one as us. What letter does it begin with?