Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Phil_MN

Phil_MN Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Oct 26, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    Mine left on the 10th and still hasn't arrived. The last update was on the 14th. I'll give it another month before reaching out.

2. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don’t just look at the tracking info from the Russian Post website. Put your tracking number in your country’s postal service website, too. You may get more information that way.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  3. Phil_MN

Phil_MN Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Oct 26, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    It's identical. I have a alert setup if the status changes.

4. Fine..then worry about it...WTF do you want from this forum?

To fix it? There ain't nothing wrong with it.

5. After it left Russia I followed USPS...worked fine and saw every step of the way from arrival in JFK to sorting in Queens to arrival in Chicago.

System worked great I must say.

Phil_MN repped this.
  6. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    FAN ID support replied to me and couple of other friends that we should make new ones.. thought this forum was made for people to share their experience/views on matters regarding FAN IDs, am I wrong on this one too?

7. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can only add that I have the same "issue" in both of my household's FAN IDs. Then, if you, like me and many other, wrote their name correctly during the application for the ID, nothing will assure that they dont missprint it (according to the FAN ID support reply) again.
    Hence, I wouldnt worry, nobody would be able to enter if that was the case.

Look at your name written in cyrillic. Count how many characters do you have and you will se that will match the amount of characters you have in the machine readable line. The 9 is probably replacing a character that has no correlation in the roman alpabet

8. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And by the way, dont rule out the probability that the FAN IDs support employees might misunderstand the problem that you are describing. I wrote a couple of times to the people of https://tickets.transport2018.com/ regarding my train bookings, and they never understood what I was asking, and kept answering me something totally different. Language barrier

9. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    The problem here is that I skipped middle names that’s another issue than the machine readable lines. However, that’s when they said I have to make a new FAN ID with the correct “full”name. But the machine readable codes are not the big deal

10. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Maybe I'm confused, but why would someone not put their name on the FAN ID application as it appears on their passport? The Fan ID is your visa to get inside the country, so like any visa anywhere in the world it should match your passport or be as close as possible. My wife's last name contains 13 letters, so 15 spaces needed if you had the spaces it contains. She had no problem with hers... front or back. So plenty of space for some large names out there.

11. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    My name overflown the space available in a German residency permit.. so since then I usually go with first and last names and they never fail me in every occasion (but the FAN ID)

BuddhaWake repped this.
  12. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A friend of mine went to Confed. His name wasn’t perfect on his machine readable strip but got in OK.

BuddhaWake and Mahmoud Abdelhamid repped this.
  13. paulbrown1981

paulbrown1981 New Member

Everton FC
    England
    Feb 13, 2018
    Just received my Fan ID. It was mailed out on 25th Jan, and I received it today - 13th Feb (though I think it was delivered yesterday). Didn't get any further updates from the Russian tracking link since it arrived at US customs though

wixson7 repped this.
  14. Mahmoud Fahmy

Mahmoud Fahmy Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Doha, Qatar
    anyone here receive fan id in dubai?

15. lufcinsfo

lufcinsfo Member

leeds united
    Republic of Ireland
    Dec 12, 2017
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    My wife will be joining me in Russia after the second round and staying until after the final. She will not be going to any matches.

I'm trying to decide between having her apply for a normal tourist visa or buying a cheap ticket to a single match (Senegal v Japan) and an associated FAN ID. The FAN ID would be cheaper and simpler but I worry whether the immigration people would check that the match to which she has a ticket has already taken place by the time she enters the country.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? If so, what are you doing?

16. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    My FAN-ID was received by the Brazilian Customs on Feb.6th and on Feb.15th it was released to the Correios without tax. Now the wait time is 40 business days until the delivery.

Very efficient. LOL

azevedof repped this.
  17. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Fan ID is not physically connected to the match ticket in anyway. The successful fifa ticket request number is all you needed to apply for one. It’s irrelevant if the match has already been played by the time your wife arrives.

Rwalter, wixson7 and Forzabarca repped this.
  18. Xplorer

Xplorer Member

May 1, 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is it possible to issue a Fan ID for a person specified as a guest in your FIFA ticket application, then change the guest's name in the FIFA ticket portal, and then issue a Fan ID for the new guest/name? Would that revoke the original guest's Fan ID? Does anybody know anything about this?

19. I haven't tried yet because I can't change the name yet, but I will and I'll let you know how it goes.

Xplorer repped this.
  20. Phil_MN

Phil_MN Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Oct 26, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    Mine arrived at US Customs today after no update since being released from Russia on January 14. Point being it may be super slow, but it'll get there eventually.

21. bbffc97

bbffc97 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Alas, this doesn’t seem to work with Australia Post. Any other Aussies done this?

22. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Do we need to have tickets to get the FAN ID? I have applied but not managed to get tickets yet but I want the FAN ID completed so its one less tging to do as Im going whatever.

23. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes. They ask for a ticket confirmation number.

hearts123 repped this.
  24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Thanks I'll need to buy cheap tickets to some schit game then ;-)

25. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    What is this number? For those successful in phase 2 random draw is it something we have now or do we need to wait for the official email saying we were successful?