Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    thanks, it's mostly bars in StPete.
    they also mistranslated "NovoKRESTovskaya" as "NovoROSTOVskaya on the site. Krest=Cross, but Rostov is a city...
    I wonder if Novokrestovkaya is closer to the stadium than Krestovskiy ostrov metro station, which is like 2 miles away. That (being closer) would be quite handy.

SeanyGrean repped this.
  2. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    "Your application - for FAN ID has been rejected."

I've received this twice now, as have a couple of my friends.

3. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    Recheck if you filled it correctly, exactly as your passport: surname (lastname), first name, middle name (not initial).
    Also recheck that you put Birthday day correctly (they have it in reverse vs US): day, month, year.
    Apart from this, strange.

4. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can't get into my application. The details on the hard copy ID are correct.

5. drupha

drupha Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA
    Hi,

I'm looking to get a FanID in order to get around the visa, and was going to go to the Morocco Iran game in Piter, which I figure is going to be an easy game to scalp.

I'm assuming I can't get one with a Request ID that was declined, but does the Request ID that I use need to have my name as a ticket holder at all, or can I just grab one from a resale ticket and probably be ok?

6. gunnergolfer22

Arsenal
    United States
    Apr 29, 2018
    I have a Fan ID already that I applied for off a random person's ticket # online.

Now, I just got tickets officially through FIFA in my own name and am considering applying for a new Fan ID with the new confirmation #

Is it too late now? I leave on June 11, is it guaranteed to reach me (California, USA) in time?

Because from what I'm seeing, you can't just go pick them up at the airport...

Or can you enter using the emailed electronic one?

7. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    Don't know about airport, but when you apply, there is a choice: pick up at the fan ID center. This is what I chose. Got e-fanID 48-72hr later, good for multiple entries (like a visa), but NOT for the game.
    Both Moscow and StPete has multiple fan ID centers working 12-14hr a day, 7 days a week. Should not be a problem, I hope.

8. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same issue.

9. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    see #557 (does not answer your Q, but provides a path forward).

10. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stick to your first fan id. It’s absolutely pointless to apply for a new one

DrDreana repped this.
  11. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the Novokrestovskaya station is super close to the stadium. Much closer than the previously closest metro station.

12. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Correct. For those who haven't looked, the map on this page shows it quite clearly. http://spb2018.com/en/pages/transport/

The Krestovskiy Station has a famous long walk to the stadium (20-30min), which may not suit people with children or disabilities, while the recently opened Novokrestovskaya Station is a little closer.

[​IMG]

13. enkain

enkain Member

May 6, 2018
    India
    I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. Bought 4 tickets off someone on Reddit. But came to know later on that all the FanIDs had been used up.

I'd be really grateful if someone could share their ticket application number if any of the 4 issuable FanIDs on them are left.

Thanks

14. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    I have 1 fan id I've used to buy tickets. Just wondering if I set up a new account and buy more tickets will my id from the other account be compatible with them?

15. bbffc97

bbffc97 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  16. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
  17. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Was this after being approved?

18. Straight_drive2

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    To keep things consistent and safe for yourself, you must buy any ticket that is currently available on the FIFA website and get your fan ID off of that request#. It's quite uncommon for this time of the day, but there are tickets available that can still be added to the basket & bought.

You can re-sell the ticket later on the FIFA website. I followed that method and once my fan ID was received, I resold my initial purchases moreso as I got other tickets in my name during these nightly trickles on the FIFA website.

19. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes, after receiving the hard copy ID

20. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Uh oh....

21. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hope you get it sorted mate.

Sorry to hear.

22. SeanyGrean

SeanyGrean New Member

Chelsea
    Germany
    May 24, 2018
    London, UK
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Got some fresh info! Could you guess? you can travel to Belarus and to Russia visa-free. Just make sure you have your fanid with you

23. Don Camillo

Don Camillo New Member

Grêmio
    Germany
    Nov 1, 2017
    Finally today, June 5, I got a dispatch notice email for my revised Fan ID that I had requested May 7 and got confirmed May 21. So it took two weeks to validate the request and another two weeks to print a new ID.

Because oversees shipment was not anymore possible without using a courier service I specified a different address in Europe so I can pick it up on the way, hoping it won't take more than a week to arrive.

24. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi All,

We will arrive to Saint Peterburg 10:00AM on June 22nd. My friend only applied for FAN ID now so he only has the electronic version.

Two questions: Will he be able to enter Russia but cannot enter the stadium with it? There is a ticket and FAN ID distribution center is located at: 20, Dobrolyubova Street, bldg. 1, SWISSAM School, Saint Petersburg. I think if we get a Taxi we can be there at 12:00 to pick up Tickest / FanID. The game is at 15:00, will we have enough time for all this to enter the satdium safely (Brazil-Costa Rica)?

Thanks in advance: Peter

25. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    Going there from airport? It might cost you as it is on the opposite side of the city (from airport). Maybe try to get to hotel first (to drop bags), then take metro to Sportivnaya (line 5, and line changes are free), pay attention where to exit so you don't end up on the other side of the river (your exits should say: Dobrolubova or Yubileinyi). Check yandex.com for a better map.