Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. azevedof

azevedof Member

May 1, 2014
    Natal
    Club:
    America Natal
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do they say if they are going to send your FAN-ID right away? Have you received a tracking code?

I found this on the questions and answers section: "The estimated delivery time for a FAN ID to a foreign country is 30 days. Delivery to the Russian border post office takes 7 to 11 days. After this period, please check the delivery time of the local postal operator".

However, they doesn't say if they are going to send the FAN-ID right after its approval or only after a certain date. As I'm going to Europe a bit before the WC, I'm uncertain if I should choose the delivery by mail or if I should pick up in person in Russia.

2. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I applied for FAN ID for myself and 3 other people at the same time. I have received emails stating that all 3 other people have been accepted (back to back, same day within minutes of each other) and they will be mailed. I am still waiting on my acceptance. Has anyone else experienced this? Don't want to freak out just yet.

Jallare123 repped this.
  3. Jallare123

Jallare123 Member

Dec 12, 2013
    USA
    Same thing here. I finally called and they said that it was accepted/approved. Even though I never received an email or text approving.

JaWC2014 repped this.
  4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    The FanID replaces the need to apply for a Visa, correct? (US citizen)

5. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Yes.

Me,I don´t know how to upload a photo...I am over 50 years old and we didn´t do things like upload photos on internet when I was growing up..we were mostly out playing football..or bandy.
    I´ll sort it via more technical advanced friends.

wixson7 and alejo87 repped this.
  6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Worst case, you can just go to a passport photo shop and have them do it. But yeah... better to reach out to friends since then it doesn't cost anything.

However, if you must get it done at a passport photo shop I would not leave the shop until the photo is successfully uploaded on the FanID website. I took had to upload about 20 photos before one was finally accepted.

7. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Valid 10 days before and after the tournament

wixson7 and BuddhaWake repped this.
  8. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI for eveyone. There's also a section on the website that will tell you if it's been approved or not.

9. azevedof

azevedof Member

May 1, 2014
    Natal
    Club:
    America Natal
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, in my case when I applied I received a sms right away saying that my "FAN ID application # has been accepted". At first, I thought this accepted meant approved, but not. When I check the email I also got one within minutes after applying, stating that my application was "registered".

The following day, I got a sms saying that my "FAN ID application # has been approved". But didn't get another email.

Right now, my status on the website is:
    Application Status: Approved
    Delivery state: not processed

10. DJS86

DJS86 New Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Another question about the funky formatting of the address. I live in Washington, DC in the US. There's no way that my address gets translated on this form.

If I selected the home delivery option but my Fan ID never makes it, am I still able to collect my Fan ID through another method?

11. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You can have it delivered to a visa center in DC. I assume that if you don’t get the physical ID in time, they’ll email a PDF version. They issued PDFs as the Confeds got closer. People were able to get into Russia with the PDF, but it had to be exchanged for the physical ID to get into the stadiums.

vamoBrasil and wixson7 repped this.
  12. John0825

John0825 New Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Nov 20, 2017
    I have a question.

During the Phase 1 Lottery, My gf applied on her account for 7 IMT and only got 1 game for her and I as well as 2 others (total of 4). she applied and approved for FAN ID with it. I have not yet applied for FAN ID

During the Phase 1 FCFS, My gf logged in through her account, but it wouldn't let her select any matches because we had met the 7 game restriction (even though we only won 1 match)

I decided to give it a go through my account. I was able to purchase TST7 for just me and her.

Now will this be a problem in regards to the FAN ID since she has to get another FAN ID with the TST purchase to be able to pick up tickets for the later rounds in Russia?

Will they flag her if she applied for a FAN ID a second time?

Can she cancel the first FAN ID for the 1 game and apply for the FAN ID again with TST7.. or is it even necessary to apply for another FAN ID?

Need some advise.

13. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Has anyone been in the situation of having passport expiring between now and the beginning of the world cup ? this is my case and if it can help , FAN ID center told me to renew my passport and apply for fan ID "with the document i will use when arriving in Russia" .

14. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm in that exact position, as mine expires early next year.

As far as I can tell, applying for tickets isn't an issue (document number on the application can easily be changed) but I can't apply for a Fan ID (and therefore free train tickets) until i've got my new passport.

15. cechmanek32

cechmanek32 New Member

NYCFC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2017
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My status went from "Approved" to "Printed" today. I applied for the ID on October 30th, got an email on the 31st that it was approved. Did not receive an email or a text saying it had changed to printed, though. Only found out by looking at the website. So, if you applied around the same date, yours might be changing soon, too.

16. azevedof

azevedof Member

May 1, 2014
    Natal
    Club:
    America Natal
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let us know if it changes to "sent", if you didn't choose to pick up in Russia.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  17. cechmanek32

cechmanek32 New Member

NYCFC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2017
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chose postal delivery to the U.S., will update when I see a new status.

JaWC2014 and azevedof repped this.
  18. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    My fan id was acepted but i didnt recive the email and i cant now my number of fan id to book the free trains! I dont know what can i do :(

19. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    I never got an email but the number was on both SMS that they sent me.

20. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    The number of fan id acepted is the same of the number of fan id requested? I dont know if i explaining well...my english sucks

wixson7 and ceezmad repped this.
  21. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    yes. is the same number. So if you have the print out from your confirmation when you did it that is the number.

alejo87 repped this.
  22. SMS/Email
    Dec 7 09PM Applied
    Dec 8 12AM Approved
    Dec 8 09AM Application Status: Approved Delivery state: not processed

I selected postal delivery to the US.

The address looks all screwed up:

<ZIP>, USA, IL, Chicago, <Street Number> <Street>

I hope the USPS can figure it out....

wixson7 repped this.
  23. geewhan

geewhan New Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Dec 8, 2017
    Hi I bought a ticket from a third party site, Viagogo. I want to know how I would register for a Fan-ID since I didn't buy it through FIFA.

24. You are going to need someone to add your name/passport to their tix.

25. geewhan

geewhan New Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Dec 8, 2017
    Is there a site or a way for me to do that?