RSL Game 7: WMC Game #1, RSL @ Colorado Rapids, April 15, 7:00 UDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, Apr 9, 2017.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same tactics that worked last year with worse defenders, so that led to the expected result.

2. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England

/best Yorkshire

/best Yorkshire accent on

giower yer illy twot

/best Yorkshire accent off

RSLer, Lizzie Bee and El-ahrairah repped this.
  3. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer a thick, Scottish accent, like the Scottish woman I met in one of the 'Stans whose accent was so unintelligible that I couldn't understand her even after repeating herself multiple times. I told her that I was losing my hearing (which is also true) because of all the metal concerts I used to go to.

4. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think KB at CB would work. It'd mean not being able to play a high line at all, because any ball in behind means he's not getting to it. One of KB's better attributes is getting into the passing lane, which is why he's been such a good CDM. If you move him to CB, you limit his ability to do that. On top of that, I think after so many years in the position, he'd probably have the natural instinct to push up into the midfield, leaving the defense exposed.

andyslc repped this.
  5. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'd also argue that he's not good enough in the air or big enough to body up a target forward. Slow and small doesn't match up well against most forwards in MLS.

andyslc repped this.
  6. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England

that's why I get in to so much trouble with my wife I can't understand a word she says..... I tell a lie there is one word I can pick-up, you'd think it would be more after 37 years of marriage - I can tell when she says no - it must be to do with frequency of use.

El-ahrairah repped this.
  7. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CB continues to be a problem and maybe RSL can move Plata for a serviceable CB. I have a crazy idea of moving Beckerman to CB for two reasons. 1. He has a good defensive presence and 2. It could extend his career.[/QUOTE]

I first advocated this in 2009 but can't find the post as it was in the middle and the archive only shows first lines. Despite the fact that all of my posts are absolute gems i'm not prepared to look through them all

I also advocated for him to play sweeper behind the back four, this 'negative move' would become a positive by using the sweeper system to play the back four higher up with greater freedom to go forward. Thus moving a player back can lead to more players in midfield and forward

Ismitje, rslfanboy and RSLer repped this.
  8. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
  11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that would make Jiberish look worse is if they did it in a comic sans cursive format.