RSL Fan Experience

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by CrazyJ628, Sep 16, 2015.

1. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. A functional organization has a middle management that has the resources and authority to solve most customer problems. Dysfunctional ones (which I have more personal experience with) bury them whenever possible.

15 to 32 repped this.
  2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit, my lab has what's called a CA/PA (Corrective Action/Preventive Action) system that is triggered when a customer complains (since we sell biological products). CAPA's are bad, it means that there will be at a minimum significant re-training for employees that are involved, if the event that triggers a CAPA is bad enough you'll just get fired.

An organization that doesn't take customer complaints seriously is doomed to fail, either through public disapproval (and subsequent lack of business and profits) or by other organizations having to step in and create oversight corrections.

SenordrummeR2 and 15 to 32 repped this.
  3. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I've directed one in my career. My comment that the negative feedback will be sent up the chain and die was based on my impression of RSL that at some point it will reach the person responsible for the bad decision and that person will sweep it under the rug. Unless there is a significant loss of revenue related to the decision(s). In which case said individual might send a revised report of the actual feedback to their boss...in effect killing the true feedback.

15 to 32 repped this.
  4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHAT? RSLFM never leaves. Just the avatar stops posting.

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire the middle managers. Duh.

The Franchise and RSLer repped this.
  6. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I am not saying I am well connected, far from it in fact. However, as I run into people I know and random strangers wearing RSL gear, I am sensing a pattern.

Most people I have talked to have either cancelled their season tickets or are taking a wait and see approach and haven't renewed them yet.

Most popular reason: Cassar still the coach. Other reasons mentioned are Javi, Burrito, and perceived FO ineptitude. (You can read that as three separate reasons or one really long one)

7. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    My brother-in-law works at DOMO and told me that they have threatened to cancel their box as a result of Cassar and the Javi situation.

Taragui and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  8. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    In the past Bill Manning was a huge factor in building corporate partnerships. He helped bring in new companies and even keep existing ones in the fold when they talked about bowing out. I have no clue who is carrying that torch currently, and how well it's going. But I think this off-season will be a huge test for that.

RSLer repped this.
  9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This season is going to be really interesting. I wonder how long it will take before we start seeing discount packages?

10. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long until the Maverick discount tickets come back? Currently it is just $5 off the ticket price, rather than the $14-$15 tickets.

11. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a lot of Christmas era advertising.

For the record, I don't wish RSL ill, I really don't. I just can't support it in its current managerial incarnation. I have to see real change before I commit $ and 20 evenings to the experience.

DrownedElf, RSLer, pcny and 2 others repped this.
  12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm more this than hoping RSL hits a real shit streak financially. Because, if RSL did have a year or two of really bad revenue, what's to stop DLH from offloading them to another owner? And I'm not of the hopeful opinion that anybody else would buy this team and keep them here.

RSLer repped this.
  13. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving the team would be difficult and financially painful. IIRC, the team signed a 20 year agreement before building Rio Tinto, and the agreement had some teeth to it that would prevent the team from easily moving. They've got 12 years left on the agreement.

The Franchise repped this.
  14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    short term, they stay.
    long term (when the sell would hypothetically take place), that doesn't mean much

15. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but we also don't know that the league will be around in the long term. So...

15 to 32 repped this.
  16. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given all the academies DLH is building, I think it would have to take some serious hits before he sold it off. I just don't see a guy investing as much as he has, and bailing after a couple of bad years.

15 to 32 repped this.
  17. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #392 CrazyJ628, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    While I always complain about how there's virtually nothing to do in and around Rio Tinto Stadium, I'll applaud Sandy City for their master plan called "The Cairns".

The Salt Lake Valley is going to continue to grow and we're running out of room. Bully for Sandy for putting together a plan to build up and build around transit. Hopefully in the next 10 years, we have some nice bars, restaurants, condos, etc near the RioT to make it feel more like a neighborhood. Granted, I might not live in Utah by that time, but it's still a good plan.

Link to the Master Plan

Ismitje repped this.
  18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, cool and all. But all I think of when looking at all of this is "********, Sandy is just going to be orange cones forever, huh?"

19. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Sandy reminds me of the Buckhead area of Atlanta with this plan. And, yes, you'll have to deal with cones. However, my inner urbanist is super excited about this project and I wish my neighborhood (Murray) would do something similar.

RSLer repped this.
  20. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else see this fan complaint and "Leo the Lion" response after the season ticket promo?

Nick lays out a point-by-point treatise on why he is not longer a season ticket holder. He lays out many of the complaints noted in BigSoccer posts, but he does sound a bit whiny. "Leo" has some interesting responses, but comes off very condescending.

I think RSL needs to take a pro-active tone considering season tickets purchases are down 20%. At the same time having a mascot talking down to a fan expressing common and valid concerns may not be the best way to do this.

21. Ender16

Ender16 Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that THE Leo the Lion? Or someone who created an account with that name? I'd be surprised if that is an official account...

22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where are you getting this 20% number from?
    And I seriously doubt it's actually Leo/FO person. Biggest hint - dude doesn't have a picture. Just some guy trolling the guy complaining.

And the guys complaints are, for me at least, weak as shit.
    1. The price lock thing is amazing even if it is for 2 more years after your first one. Why would you be mad at this? I don't get it
    2. Season ticket gift? Yawn
    3. Meet the team event? Double yawn
    4. You have a shitty rep - mine is pretty good
    5. See number 4

23. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Probably just the inversion talking, but what do you do when this team is a source of more irritation than joy? #Cassared

24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Grin and bear it. If good days ever come back, they will taste so much better after a strong diet of bitterness.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take a long look in the mirror and remember why you love the sport in the first place