News: RSL 2019 Season News

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by kirsoccer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. UofRSL

UofRSL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was this the game in 2013 when there was a weather delay?
    I remember scenes in the parking lot after that game

2. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've shared this before but a couple years ago my dad and I decided to plan a father/son weekend to go to an away game. We chose Portland. We got tickets in the away section and planned the trip. Two other groups also went to this game. One was one of the supporter groups (Salt City United I believe) and the other was the 100 Lions for their 1 away game trip which is a part of their luxurious package.

Anyway, the Salt City United supporters were already wasted before the game even started. They grew annoyed with the 100 Lions supporters because they were more chill and didn't want to join in on the incessant chants they kept trying to start.Tempers flared. Arguments ensued. The Salt City United group got themselves kicked out. Yes, all of them. Kicked out of the game they traveled all the way to Portland to see. It was embarrassing as an RSL fan. Fighting against ourselves in the travelling supporters section. The game was a lot more enjoyable after they were gone.

3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Been suggesting that very thing at the RioT. We'll see how the new unity end works out this season. So far so good.

I was impressed with the South end at the home opener.

Nice work, hope it just gets better from here on out.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was extremely shitfaced that game...

5. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  6. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Or to quote Brad Paisley, "Some of the best times you'll never remember."

7. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's things like this that make me glad I do not partake of adult beverages. Many a bad situation has passed me by because I wasn't drunk.

8. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the anecdotal "5 years ago some guy in the zillionth row was super wasted and pissed himself and shit a cat out onto the pitch while drinking 25 shots of whiskey and drinking 142 beers and was so drunk he couldn't touch his left ear" stories.

Every public event will have one asshole that pisses someone off for some reason, changing beer prices won't affect that. I've been to many many many sporting events and I can count the number of times a drunk person did something to ruin the experience for me on one hand. Lower beer prices will, at a minimum, move the people drinking into a more controlled environment with security (vs just getting shit faced in the parking lot before hand). And the ones that truly want to get wasted will get wasted anyways. Plastic flasks, easy peasy, no reason to spend $9 on shit watered down beer.

andyslc and RSLer repped this.
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WE GOT HIM OUT OF HIDING! IT WORKED!

DrownedElf, Ivensor, RSLer and 1 other person repped this.
  10. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, touche

15 to 32 repped this.
  11. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't even have to be drunk for this to happen. The recent Jazz vs OKC game is evidence of that.

15 to 32, Ivensor, andyslc and 1 other person repped this.
  12. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My youngest is 26....

georg repped this.
  13. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Probably strong enough to carry two flasks, then?

14. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Before we moved seats, the lady in front of us snuck a full-sized bottle of vodka into the stadium. It was down her pants. At another game, she also snuck in a plastic container of sushi. And at one game when it was lightly raining at the start of the game, she took off her pants in the 2nd half and hung them over the railing on the steps to dry.

SenordrummeR2, Allez RSL and RSLer repped this.
  15. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since it seems that common denominator for two of the three anecdotes was her pants, I'm wondering if the sushi was also hidden in her pants.

Anyway, she doesn't sound like someone you would take home to meet your mother. Just sayin'.

16. BJThor

BJThor New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Baird, Johnson, an Rusnack have all been called up for next week. Hopefully we get Plata back from injury and Sava doesn't get called up, because if they aren't available we will be short up front. We would have Kreilach and Bofo. Lennon to the delight of many would probably play on the wing. Who else do we have that would play in the attacking 4? Maybe we would see one of the new guys who haven't en made the 18 start out of necessity.

RSLer repped this.
  17. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    RSLer repped this.
  18. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007

I'm guessing you haven't heard about the deepest team in club history? :)

goobx1 repped this.
  19. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    If Sava is called up, does his red card still apply to that game? I'm thinking no...

20. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    No, he has to be available for selection.

21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever happened to that other town hall? Anything?

22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was unable to attend. Sorry guys

23. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was only like 25 people there so it was a nice intimate session. Nothing groundbreaking though. Only a couple things worth mentioning:

• Acosta had basically lost his spot to Herrera so when discussing his future he wanted to go somewhere where he would get playing time in a starter role. The move to Orlando was done with this in mind so expect Acosta to be starting there.
    • Someone brought up un-retiring Kreis's number. Craig couldn't comment on that but did say that he has been in negotiation before where a player told him they would not come if they could not wear their number. He didn't say this specifically happened with the #9 but I thought it was interesting.
    • Jordan Allen is going back to school while he recovers from injury. Not necessarily done with soccer.
    That's about it.

RSLer and Ismitje repped this.
  24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was what I suspected with the move to Orlando. Acosta wanted more playing time.

25. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    Wasn't sure where to put this because there's no Monarchs thread, but David Ochoa has made the USL Team of the Week both weeks so far this year. The Monarchs kept a clean sheet this week despite playing down a man for ~55 minutes.

Ochoa has been really terrific. We need a new GK starting in 2020 and I doubt Ochoa will win that job, but if he keeps developing...

Allez RSL and RSLer repped this.