RSL 2017 Game 23: Columbus at Salt Lake, Sat. 29 July 6:00 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Jul 26, 2017.

1. boris9678

boris9678 Member+

RSL
    United States
    Apr 30, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Any wind in the sails went flat after the offensive subs. Yura does nothing to help himself with that 15 minutes.

2. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Big question for the post game: is the printer fixed?

The Franchise repped this.
  3. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    Good thing for this one, other than the weird yellow card given to Bofo for simulation there really wasn't much controversy. Haven't said that in too many matches lately.

4. andyslc

andyslc No Longer a New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Fargo
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try to justify anything else than a tie, but I can't. I think we have improved playing as a team and that is nice to see. what was with Yura's shot? no drive to it and it still missed, does he just want to get out of here? other than the mistakes by a young back I don't have much to complain about this one. OT: Is DC united trying to out do our poor performance from earlier this season? they are at a -24GD. So naturally that means they will beat us 3-0 in a couple of weeks.

5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the same time, Yura just stood at the top of the box and didn't make a run. Also, no one made runs at the back post. I think Saucedo was, justifiably, expecting one or both.

6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Two points in two home games are not going to cut it. The draw today was especially disappointing considering this was not a full crew (pun intended).

7. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL's second goal was sublime. Plata's forward touch was difficult but precise, Silva fielded it cleanly and sprung Savarino free and the little guy crushed it far post...just a fantastic goal.

The Crew are potent too, you can't give them break away opportunities. In both cases our D Mids were lost upfield...Their second goal was wacky. It looked like bounced it through the defenders legs.

RSLer and Ismitje repped this.
  8. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man Yura is frustrating to watch. It's like the team is trying to do one thing, while he's off doing something else. So many times he was drifting out to the wing for some bizarre reason, which left nobody in the box for any type of pass. We'd send it out wide, Yura would drift away from the middle, and the winger would look up and then just stand there with nobody to send it to. Silva might not be the greatest, but he at least seems to understand that as the forward, you should be making yourself available in and around the box.

Also, whoever had the tifo with Petke holding a bat that said 'PC load letter', you are my hero.

The Franchise repped this.
  9. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why on earth would you swap out your entire frontline?
    Attack was toothless after that.

On the reffing, I haven't seen the bofo call replay yet, but I think A LOT of calls went our way today so no excuses there.

10. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They stole my joke!

11. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit, drive this far and see us give up two more points. I know this position will not be popular on this thread right now but I really think Yura needs to get a couple starts in the upcoming matches. He needs some time on the pitch to get his confidence back. Expecting him to be in form with a late cameo here and there is not helping. Now if Silva was scoring tons of goals that may be different. 1.9 million is too much to spend on a player and keep him sitting. Also agree the substitutions in this match sucked. After killing it in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half RSL hit a wall. Making the first sub at 55 minutes would have helped, and that sub should have been Yura for Silva.

12. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMFAO, I'm sorry man, I just haven no ********ing clue what you are watching. Silva isn't a world beater, but his effectiveness with this team is 100x what Yura is bringing. Seriously, go watch the match again and see how Silva manages to hold the ball up, bring in possession, then make passes to off the ball players. His setups for the Savarino shot and the Plata shot in the second half were things Yura has never done in the last 2 years. Yura stealing time from Silva at this point should be criminal, get him the ******** off this team. At no point should Yura even be remotely considered starting material, today did him on favors at all.

Todorojo, Lizzie Bee and Kratisto repped this.
  13. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    This may be strange to hear, but I liked this game a lot more than the victories at LA and portland.

Look, our defensive pairing is new, it will take a little bit. Glad also had a bad game. He is still learning. Give it a little more time! But our offense was actually looking pretty good, until movsisyan came on and then worse, plata came off.

Our goals and near misses were not individualist talent goals. they were team efforts.

Rusnak's postgame comments were dead on. That guy is super ********ing serious and I love it. For those who missed it, he stated bitterly that the second goal RSL gave up was super sloppy and there were no excuses to give up, being 2-1 ahead.

rslfanboy repped this.
  14. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. No mids were to be seen on either one. Glad got abused on that one though. Admittedly its tough to defend an unmarked attacker running at full speed when you are planted in a spot. But, he needed to get between the him and the opponent who had the ball to at least make it semi-difficult. That said, there was no way Kyle was going to be able to run with that guy.

It highlights what might be a long-term issue. Even if we replace Kyle with a speedier D-mid, Petke has everyone playing so far forward that we are going to be susceptible to fairly easy counters. It looks like his strategy is going to be one that concedes those while giving us an advantage in more shots and overall possession. If we had a killer striker or two I would feel better about it.

Allez RSL and RoyalNonesuch repped this.
  15. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I thought you hated Plato?

Allez RSL, DrownedElf, KendaReal and 2 others repped this.
  16. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    No. The whole team looked at him like "WTF man?" Saucedo took about 10min to get into the rhythm. He ended up having a couple great contributions in added time.

Plata was doing really well and I didn't like this sub that much.

17. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Other than the Bofo yellow, ref did pretty well.

I absolutely HATE the "Ref You Suck!" chant. Completely useless.

Screaming at opposing players when they go down, also not wonderful. A couple times it was clear that it wasn't a time-wasting effort. Kind of frustrated with our fans last night.

Allez RSL, Todorojo and Ivensor repped this.
  18. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Totally agree on the subs killing our attack. I was okay with Savarino coming off because he took a good knock to his ankle in the first half and with Plata and Silva still on I felt like Lennon would be able to combine with them. But once Silva and Plata were removed, we had nothing but long crosses to nobody. My vote is for Bofo and Lennon to get minutes with Silva and Plata/Savarino on the field. That would help them develop. Bofo has great ball handling and Lennon has great speed, but they need work on quick interchanges and finding the open spaces. I think if they played more with Rusnak, Silva, and Plata/Savarino on the field, it would come.

Also, Yura "One Chance" Movsisyan had TWO perfect chances to put the game away and flubbed them both. :mad:

19. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    I was actually talking about his first cross, but you are right. Yura shoulda made the run on that one.

RSLer repped this.
  20. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed with Yura there, Rusnak was in the attack less (or so it seemed to me). Yura pulled out wide or dropped back into different sorts of spots than Silva, into places where Rusnak often came when Silva was on. It ended up being a one-for-two offensive sub.

21. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that even if petke wasn't on the field, he was relaying the sub's to Freddy. I guess that's not the case with the coach being suspended.

22. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At half time he said he had no contact with the team from Friday through the end of the game, so I don't think he had any input on the subs unless they were pre-determined ahead of the time on Friday.

RSLer repped this.
  23. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No chemistry.

24. SpiffCoug

SpiffCoug Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Orem, Ut
    We have two very good players who don't fit in with what RSL is currently doing best in the attack.

Lennon is good at crossing, but we don't have anyone who does well at getting on the end of those crosses.

Yura is strong on the ball and turning and running at guys. But his interplay with the current roster just seems off.

We're best with Plata, Rusnak, Savarino and Silva keeping the ball on the deck and making darting runs.

The Franchise, RSLer and Ismitje repped this.
  25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what the Monarchs are for