Ronaldinho Gaucho News and Discussions Part 2

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ELADO, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    your comment make me laugh. better player? are we talking about ganso. the kid is the worst playmaker in the history of brazil. I could understand ronaldinho not running because he has proven himself. but the kid is not running and nonchalant he did not prove himself yet. the team will be pathetic as long as mano keep using players like. a dead ronaldinho is 10 times better than this kid. and he will never amount to be in the same league as ronaldinho

2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Do you really think that at 31 Ronaldinho Gaucho is going to perform consistently for the Selecao? Even at his peak he rarely played well - his goals coming from penalties and free kicks mostly. The only time he has played consistently well in the yellow is a junior levels.

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    If Ronaldinho was consistent, he would be by far our best player but how often is that? All he going to do is walk around half asses on the pitch and send in diagonal balls all day.

4. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hm let's see if I understand things so far: it's wrong to refuse a player that was called 88 times in his NT career and never reproduced his club form for our Seleção, who will be 34 in 2014, but it's fine to label a 21 years old youngster as "the worst playmaker in the story of brazil" after 5 games?... Yeah sorry, I don't get it.

He is doing great for Flamengo right now, as a Santos fan I can confirm that with no mistake since we were one of his recent victims. Great for Flamengo. But how many times did he get called for the NT after ripping everything apart on his club, only to disappoint with the yellow shirt? It was like that when he was the best player in the world with Barcelona, it was like that after his supposed "revival", a good run of form for Milan... Why should we believe that this time it will be different? Maybe you should consult your crystal ball again (the same one you used to determine that Ganso will never be in the same league as Ronaldinho) and tell us how he will perform for us heh? Better yet, call Mano!

Let's wait, if he can keep this form for three more months or so then maybe we could give him a shot... It would be GREAT to have a Ronaldinho playing well for our Seleção, since on his best he is the best player in the world, no doubt. But right now...it's too soon.

As I said in another topic, even on his worst form in his career, Ganso made the assist for 50% of our goals in Copa América. A "whooping" three assists, but that only shows how the team AS A WHOLE didn't correspond to what we expected of them. He is still in a very bad run of games even for us, he was pretty bad against Flamengo and Atletico-PR, but even so that's too little to throw away a player that still has his whole career ahead of him.

5. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    you need to go back n watch some videos of ronaldinho in the national team. in 99 ronaldinho played a superb copa america.scored a wonder goal against venezuela in his very first match. in 2002 he singlehandedly defeated england. in 2005 handed brazil the confederation cup. i could go on and on. you see it is a myth that ronaldinho never do anything useful for the national team. ganso was pathetic in the copa america. Mano is building the team around him. he doesn't deserve it. he also doesn't deserve is untouchable status. sorry, as of late he is plain mediocre

6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

That much I can accept, since he is indeed out of form and all. Not a shadow of what he did in 2010 before injury... I would even consider benching him on Santos right now, it may do him some good. I just found it to be VERY harsh to call him "the worst playmaker" after one bad tourney.

7. Alvinegro

Alvinegro New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Vila Belmiro
    Ronaldinho is indeed very talented and is a genius on the field but he is also one of the hardest players to play around with. Commentators in Brazil always pointed out that he plays in certain "spots" on the field and to built a whole team around him is too much work because you never know when he will shine or when he will turn off for that match. But the biggest beef is he rarely shines with the canarinho outfit especially in his later years where he should be having the best time of his life along with Adriano but instead he just sort of turned to the "I don't care" anymore attitude. Unless he can prove that he can play consistently I don't see him having a spot in the NT.

I don't know how anyone can call Ganso crap. As far as I know right now Ganso, Neymar are the hottest players in Brazil. Granted that they are still young and need more hard fought experience to prove themselves, to call him crap is unjustifiable. Santos struggled during the 1st leg of Copa Libertadores with out his presence. He came back for the 2nd leg and provided much needed midfield stability and passes. Santos is hot now because of him and Eleano, take those two out you will see how neutered Santos is.

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Adriano handed Brazil the 2005 confederations cup. Ronaldinho was brilliant in the 99 confederation cup and 02 World Cup when he was young motivated and hungry. From about 2004 to now, he did not live up to the expectations. Ronaldinho should be a NT legend like Ronaldo, Romario, Pele, Zico and etc base on his ability and talent but he is not. He is just another great Brazilian player that we produce.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mostly well said .... but he was actually not that great in 2005 confed cup specially considering his Barcelona form at the time. Adriano was the one that handed us that Cup.

10. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso has been average since his return. He’s not the Ganso we saw last year. Maybe it’s the injury but I still have confidence that he will continue to grow. As of now he should be unquestionably our #10. Now as for Elano, he’s an absolute disaster. Every Santos fan I know cannot stand him anymore. The missed PK vs. Flamengo might have been his last straw. For the Selecao, PLEASE no more.

Ps. Santos is not too hot right now based on the standings.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I watched the Vasco game and Ganso was completely invisible.

12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Santos not too hot atm? You are being generous :p We are a mess right now, Muricy has a lot on his hands,we must rebuild for December.

Ganso is on the worst form of his career IMO. Even though I trust that he will be back up to his best, it wouldn't surprise me to see him benched in the NT if he doesn't improve soon. Maybe that's the golden chance for Hernanes and Ronaldinho, who knows. I still believe that Ganso will be our number 10 in 2014 though :)

13. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    how many good world cups zico romario, ronaldo has? probably one or zero. if the 2003-2005 ronaldinho was not the supreme god of fotball nobody is noone cant equate what he did on the pitch. not even himself

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was awesome during that time period ... but mostly for Barcelona. He never showed that awesome form for Brazil.

Zico had 1/2 (won't count 86 as much because of his injury.
    Romario 1/1
    Ronaldo 2/3

Ronaldinho had a good world cup when he wasn't the center of attention.

15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Yep, It was the exact same scenario Argentina is going through with Messi. Brilliant at club level but average when playing for the NT. Now, to be fair it not entirely all Ronaldinho fault. Parreira, the coach at the time should of built a system that favored Ronaldinho since he was the best in the world at that point.

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Hate to say it and this will appear somewhat harsh, but sometimes I think he is a fraud.

17. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    ronaldo had only one world cup; romario one zico socrates failed in 82. ronaldinho one it is irrevelant whether or not it was at the center of attention. twenty years from now we are going to talk about his goal against england and his assist. he defeated england by himself.just like we are talking about zico bycicle kick. no players ever replicate their club form for the national team. ronaldo, rivaldo, cafu all had that problem. that doesn't make them less a legend. my point is it is a myth that ronaldinho never played well for brasil.

18. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    on what merit should he be unquestionably our #10? you just say he is terrible? i could understand robinho is untouchable because he already prove himself but the kid hadn't

19. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On the merit that there is no other #10 that could play his position for the Selecao. He is playing bad, we have all agreed but him bad is a lot better then anyone else. He wasn’t good at the Copa America and he still had 3 assists. There are a lot of question marks around Ganso but we all know if he can recover from his most recent knee surgery and play like he did for Santos in 2010 he’s going to be a big part of the Selecao.

If you have other names that should be wearing the #10 I would like to hear.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo had 2 good WCs. He played well in 98 although not as good as expected given the high expectations at the time. But Ronaldo 98 >>>>>> Ronaldinho 06. He single handily terrorized Holland's defense in the SF.

The defense failed in 82. Zico played well. A player can play well and the team still lose. That's what happened in 82. Proof of it is that Zico was still rated one of the best players of that World Cup. He scored goals and gave assists.

It does make a difference if you are the center of attention because other teams already know every detail of how you play. They know all your strengths and weaknesses. Ronaldinho came into 2002 very low profile. The attention was on Rivaldo and Ronaldo. And yes, Ronaldinho's performance in the England game was crucial. But in the pecking order of how important his contribution was in the context of the whole competition, he was still 3rd behind Ronaldo and Rivaldo.

And I don't think we ever said he never played well for the Selecao. All we said is that after that WC he did under-perform as we all expected him to shine given the amazing skills he was showcasing at Barcelona.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd say one of the problems is that we, as a National team, have "forgotten" how to play with a central play maker. So most plays seem to by-pass the mid-field position specially if that player is not going to work hard to receive the ball. We attack from the DMs (Lucas, Ramires) to the full-backs and wingers then back to the middle up front.

22. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I agree with brasil_forever on this, Ganso really has no business being an untouchable player for us yet. He has not earn that right yet. The likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Zico and others had to earn there spot the same should apply to Ganso.

23. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I think the problem with being perceived as 'The Gifted One' is the weight of expectation when that 'One' enters the pitch. I was intrigued with the Ganso thing: had not played for months then returns for Santos yest is guaranteed the '10' when the Copa started. As I have said, I can't recall anyone since Falcao in 1982 who was as highly rated - coming from 'nowhere' and being a shoe in.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Probably because we really have no other option in that position. I think Mano also banked on his understanding with Neymar. Still ... that's a great point. It is amazing that he became untouchable.

25. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I should correct myself by saying Falcao, of course, did not come from nowhere - he had played for Brazil in 1976, 1977 and 1979 whereas Ganso had played a mere friendly 10 or 11 months before the Copa. The point I am making is that Tele disrupted the team for Falcao because he was seen as too gifted not to be included (so a common denominator of sorts with the Ganso situation). I am still not explaining it THAT well, but you get my drift!

Our Timmy's take on Ronaldinho Gaucho, etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2011/08/world_cup_hosts_brazil_need_se.html