Ronaldinho Gaucho News and Discussions Part 2

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ELADO, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I have a mixture of sorrow and pity for this guy.

Sorrow in that he raised the bar so high, everyone, everywhere, expects Dinho to maintain his 02-06 level, when naturally the body declines and he wouldn't be able to maintain that level without some explosive pace or strength that cleary reduces as time goes on.

And pity in that he arguably could get close to that standard if he actually looked after himself. Rather then eliminate his partying just, put a curb on it to say once a week or something. This guy is still damn world class on his day. The deft touches, silky skills and odd flash of genious prove it's all still their. He just really can't be arsed.

2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    All rather predictable I am afraid. I 'knew' it would end in tears with the crowd turning on him - a name only goes so far.

A very likeable person but he simply rarely performs like a footballer of his talent and, in truth, has not does so on a regular basis since circa 2005.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    it's just difficult to accept this with respect to ronaldinho and adriano -- these guys never suffered truly chronic injuries. i really can't feel anything but disdain almost. at least with kaka and ronaldo, they have excuses.

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    My love for Ronaldinho went out the window years ago. He is a disgrace as a footballer. It annoys the hell out of me to see a player with that much ability just not give a shit.

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Exactly. To just throw away such talent and such opportunities... Adriano and ROnaldinho are simply despicable. How many poor kids, playing football in the streets with love and passion ( even though their lunch/dinner is not guaranteed), would KILL to have one little chance as a professional... And those two lazy buns throw all that in the trash can, because they can't even respect their own bodies.

I feel no pity for them. Em bom português: tem mais é que se f*&¨der mesmo.

6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think people focus too much on his partying. So what if he is partying, if he's also training? He always looked in decent shape to me. There are players like Raul, who is the most dedicated profesional ever, yet he also lost all of his speed at the age of 27-28. He burned out, it doesn't mean it was because he didn't take care of his body. Same goes for Ronaldinho.

I think the problem with Ronaldinho is his understanding of football and if anything that amazing technique he has. He thinks that the more tricks he succesfully executed and the more throughballs he made, he plays better. Because he can do fantastic things from a standing position, he thinks he doesn't need to run. to be honest, he does have a point in this phiosophy; persoanlly I also enjoy seeing him humiliate defenders without even putting effort. but people these days love footballers for their running, speed and strength, and Ronaldinho doesn't belong in this category.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    He actually liability to any team he is on by playing that way. The team become predictable, static, immobile and slow because of him. This is why over the years teams have done better w/o him than with him.

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Well done, filho STATIC is the word.

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he played well yesterday... but not good enough to justify his mega salary... and certainly not CONSTANT enough for that salary. Flamengo cant afford to pay that salary for Ronaldinho to play well once every 2 months, only after he was criticised enough that he DECIDES to play well to show what he can do. He should decide to show what he can do because of the salary he gets every month!

10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    ALWAYS in decent shape? Me thinks not.

No one says jogadores can't enjoy themselves but when a player enjoys riches and plays like a burocrat as Zagalo would say..........

Raul is a workhorse so please do not compare.

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Justify salary? He ain't alone there. They are paid ridiculous sums now. What DOES he get paid by the way?

12. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At Milan, he has always been in good shape. At Flamengo too. He didn't let himself go like Adriano (not gonna mention Ronaldo because of the hypothyroidism issue). Ronaldinho just doesn't want to run too much. I understand that point of view. I mean, doesn't it show how superior you are compared to your opponent if he runs his ass off, and you just stand and make a fool out of him?

I only made the Raul point to show that the 'parties too much' argument is not a very good one. What good is that Raul is a workhorse when his pace has also deserted him at 27-28? The fact that Ronaldinho goes to disco is not the reason he plays badly. Its his philosophy, where successfully doing skills became more significant for him than winning through direct football.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry to day Hendrix but I think you are waaaaay off. Ronaldinho in his Barca days ran (on offense at least). It's understandable to slow down a bit with age, but not as much and as quickly as he did. It's obvious the guy is not doing all that he can from a training point of view.

As for your theory of superiority ... in football today you need to run to play at the highest level and win the important titles. Period. That's just how it is.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats what I'm saying, that in time, he started valuing style over substance more. His criteria of a good performance was doing skills and not getting the victory and titles. This happened gradually through the years, maybe Nike with all those commercials created this image of Ronaldinho that he started to believe as well, that only skill matters.

And nothing in football is obvious as it seems. Raul slowed down even quicker than Ronaldinho did. So did Shevchenko, a dedicated and consummate professional. It happens, doesn't mean Ronaldinho is to blame. Hes still much better than all the talentless workhorses in football that are regarded so highly.

15. barca_4_life

barca_4_life Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    do you think he will make it at the 2014 world cup?

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Highly unlikely. He would have to consistently put out good performances to merit a consideration for a call-up.

17. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    If he can't run now he won't be able to run at 34 years old! A shame.

18. barca_4_life

barca_4_life Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    what about kaka has he got a chance?

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Ask Mano, but yes me thinks! IF he stays free of injuries.

20. barca_4_life

barca_4_life Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    he hasnt got that pace anymore he not kaka he used to be.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't be too quick to judge Kaka yet. I think Mano was actually considering taking him to Copa America, but Kaka called Mano and told him he needed more time to recover. I guess we will see what happens next season.

22. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
  23. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    'Dinho'! Hate it.

I am surprised a tough nut like Dunga gave him so many chances.

Let us closed the thread until Ronaldinho Gaucho remembers he is a footballer again - and plays like one.

24. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I don't see what Ronaldinho can still offer at NT level. Not only that Ronaldinho best position is occupied by better and more motivated players.

25. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Better?- only because Ronaldinho seems to have given up trying to give it his all. Motivated? - yes, no question about that - those who are wearing the shirt are.