Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    870291020600291329 is not a valid tweet id

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think I might buy it.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    New fixtures are out. Tough start, and most tough games are at home 1st part of the year.

4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    love

5. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So is the Conte upset story 95% made up ?

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I actually laughed at the "notoriously unproductive Chelsea academy" bit. Castles is a Mourinho partisan, this is what he does.

7. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Context? Is there an article floating around? Castles is an idiot obviously.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's part Duncan Castles' swallowing Jose's knob; part rehashed article from summer; part more knob swallowing.

Everton already spending Lukaku money on Pickford and Klassen. If we didn't buy him, someone did.

Blueallthru and Wrath repped this.
  9. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    While I agree Castles is a douche, didn't Conte walk out on Juve (his club) like 2 or 3 days into preseason for similar backstage drama?

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wouldn't put past Emenalo to be honest

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I don't think Emenalo would have any control over firing Conte.

Emenalo gets a lot of shit on this forum, but his strategy overall has actually been quite successful - our net transfer spend the last few years has been almost 0. That's good news for the future of the club.

12. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He has control over buying Papy and Hector mark 2. If he does that, Conte will walk.

Overall I agree he has done well. His girl scout experience is working. However, the strategy seems more about sustenance than dominance. Maybe we just don't have the money. How else can you explain our gaping CM hole for years now?

13. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    We break from your transfer angst programming to bring you my new Chelsea Champions scarf. Remember, we're champions.

IMG_1076.JPG

Bruckner283, Ninjatend0 and Blueallthru repped this.
  14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    The question of how much we spend is not up to Emenalo. The technical director of a club is not its financial director. So while he may have bought Papy and Hector, it's likely he didn't have the resources.

As for sustained excellence as opposed to dominance, you're right - we're obviously headed more in that direction, but we can't possibly outspend City and United. Roman is wealthy, but he's not going to sink 200M into the club every single year. United can afford to do that based on revenue (mostly), while City are basically owned by a country that sees to have no spending limit. Although, I suppose we'll see what Qatar's current predicament does to their spending.

15. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To be honest, I don't think we have to sink 200M every year. A 80M verrati will be good for years and will take us to the next level. As opposed to a 100M Lukaku. We have made questionable buys like Cuadrado, salah, Papy, Hector, etc when a little more ambition might have got us a better player. 1 quality player is better than 5 mediocre players, Arsenal has taught us that. We may have recouped our investment but it left our first team lacking.

Dtrip77 and Blueallthru repped this.
  16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Look, it's not my money and I wish he spent more of it. But blowing 80mm on any player is really tough for us. Remember the harm Torres caused for years.

17. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That is why the 100M Lukaku deal is confusing me. Maybe Marina worked her magic and it is 50.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    The Torres money was stupid at the time. Right now though, this is the striker market. If Belotti and Morata are worth close to 100mm, so is Lukaku. Is what it is.

Meanwhile, Conte story has been roundly refuted.

19. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    YES, Seattle and Chelsea. that's my collection as well. do you have the half seattle half chelsea flag from the preseason game a few years back? i had to track that one down.

JimWharton repped this.
  20. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    What? No! Where'd you get ahold of one?

21. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    it was years ago now, while i was living in Seattle. you've reminded me though i need to get all my scarves out. i moved recently and never decided where i wanted to put them.

22. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The price sucks but its not exactly confusing. Costa is as good as gone and we need a striker. Lukaku is the most obvious option. Most obvious doesn't always mean best but whatever.

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York