Road to Russia (Rumo à Rússia) 2018

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm acting like the biggest douchebag in there. I give what i get though lol

2. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hahaha! Your fine. We get no respect at all!

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I been a huge d bag too lol.

4. patCOSTA

patCOSTA Member

Mar 30, 2005
    You guys worry too much. This is Portugal's best team ever. They are better then they were in 2016 Euro and deep. That said they'll need health, Luck and solid D and O. They beat Russia in Russia, France in France, Italy in Italy in the last few year's. 3 things they never did. So stop worrying about things you can't control. And Top letting morons bother you. They are Champions and they can beat anyone. But again, it's on them to achieve that. Good luck to all Countries. I just hope it's a fair tournament and no one on and off the field get hurt.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  5. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    oh boy Z on a red

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In which forum he went mad, exactly? I want to read it. I would bet some bucks on the Argentinian forum though, most delusional people on BS (yes, above the Iranians) and full of bitterness. It's hard to swallow if one's team (the best in the world with the best player!!!) produces fail after fail. But which forum was it?

Poor Z, will miss him, I hope it's just for some days.

7. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i think it must of been in the world cup thread

Dage repped this.
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Z is like the Sergio Ramos or Burno Alves of BS. Red cards all day.

9. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is it a perma ban on Z?

10. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    such bs..............all he did was give people a history lesson after some guy was trying to say Portugal's top players are only African.

At least we still have @Sumol
    He's the Zlatan. Never manages to get carded but still pushes peoples buttons. HANG IN THERE MAN WE NEED YOU

[​IMG]

11. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Can not believe Z got the red. Funny comment comparing him to Ramos/Pepe though.. made me HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA out loud.

In regards to that thread, i read all 13 pages. Havent commented. Its 7 months away.. things will surely change. People are hyped at the moment.. and in a few weeks will cool off after realizing its still a long way away.

I also feel these Iranians are being serious though??? while i acknowledge they are not a push over.. i can not understand how they are so confident when being up against 2 of the best countries in world futebol, and the belief at the easiness they will have when advancin to the next stage... i dont know.. to each their own..

I have gotten used to the hate.. it doesnt even phase me no more.. besides, Portugal is always at its best when flying under the radar.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  12. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    SERIOUS QUESTIONS THOUGH FOR A COUPLE OF THE PORTUGUESE HERE..:

1. Who has been following Guerreiro? whats his status? has he been playing? form? Does Coentrao have the potential to displace him.. even though he hasnt feature for the NT in quite some time now (due to injury)

2. Is anyone worried about Bernardo? the guy is world class, and is riding the bench getting injury time minutes for Man City.. its a bit worrysome.. atleast to me.

13. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005

1) gurreiro has played well since he's come back from injury, theybuse him as a left winger rather than a LB

2) Bernardo is being eased into the EPL, he's been used more in the UCL. He's a completely technical player and his physical conditioning is less important than say a Bruma, I'm not concerned about him more the likes of JMario and Andre Silva who I feel need minutes to be at their best

14. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    The Iranians were the same during the Asian Cup in 2017 and complained when they got knocked out. Don't waste your time with them.

They have a good side but their supports on here are always over confident.

15. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  16. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I'm going to wait until the WC is a month or two away before I go in there. There's still plenty of club football to go this season.

17. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I happy for moderate bias but not absolute crap spewing from some mouths, my patience is a lot higher in the Portuguese forum as I know for the most part we're all on the same side and stunting people opinions on these forums to aggressively leads to less members and worse conversations on what we are all pationate about, that is our seleccao which for those of us who are immigrants or as I am a child of immigrants a connection to our past which helps us fortify our own identities

NewLaw83 repped this.
  18. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don’t understand why everyone is blowing smoke up Moroccos arse. They really aren’t that good. ‘Dark horses for the competition’ I’m sorry but absolute bollocks to that they are going to go out in the group stage

19. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Just started a best XI for group B, watch the Moroccans and Iranians go nuts

20. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    A question about Ricardo Ferreira.

I notice he got called to the Portuguese NT and played the full 90 vs the U.S. Do you guys think he will make the final squad and head to Russia? I ask because the Canadian NT is pursuing him.

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he was horrible against the US doubt he gets another shot unless there are a lot of injuries

Deleted User x repped this.
  22. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can say confidently that he had the worst game I have ever seen for a CB in a Portugal jersey in a very long time.

Deleted User x repped this.
  23. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want to start a bring back Z campaign. I know many of you don't like him but he makes things interesting and fun.

24. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'd like that but I feel like these "bring back Z" campaigns are a yearly affair

It'll end up going to his head

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  25. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #1375 Sumol, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    I've just resorted to being a total douchebag in there because there is too much of a bias against Portugal and that mod just targets our posts. No matter how objective you are, it won't be enough to change those peoples minds. I found that out early on. They are going to believe what they want to believe.

I've been complimenting Israel and their clubs infront of Iranians.

artielange84 and Nani_17 repped this.