Road to Russia (Rumo à Rússia) 2018

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah I agree, they would stop changing the Portugal kits so much. I wish they were treated like Italy, Holland, France, Brazil, etc. which they have minor tweaks but the design and color scheme doesn't change much. Just give me the red jersey with green shorts or socks and call it a day. As well as white and blue for the away kits. Leave the experimenting to a 3rd kit if they want to add that.

2. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I agree, it shouldn't be that difficult. I know they're going to change the kits every two years, but they can still have some consistency. The white and blue away kits from 2014 were such a clean, classic look. And because Portugal's home kit is red, it rarely has to wear its away kit anyway, and if it's a dark kit it often can't wear it. Just make it white with green or blue touches and call it a day.

The same site that has the other stuff I posted has the anthem jacket to go with Portugal's away kit. This works better than the red one for me, but there's about a 97% chance I'd immediately stain this if I bought it. That's a lot of white:

[​IMG]

3. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I disagree, I think Asia, Concacaf and Africa have all gone backwards. This is coming from an Australian, it seemed like the gap was closing but I actually thib in the last 4 years Europe has gone to another level and the last 8 years has seen the reemergence of Comebol with 7 legitimately strong sides who would compete with any team in the world and the vitrine sides are still high quality.

I can't see any team from any other confederation apart from Europe and South America being in the quarter finals next year. Only way is if the draw open up for them.

Having watched Saudi Arabia play 2 games against Australia and Against Japan they are technically very good but there tactical discipline is shocking and are easily wound up by the most innocuous incident. Really ordinary side and qualified due to Australias terrible second half of the qualifying campaign. Australia is also not very good so we're dealing with very ordinary sides here indeed

4. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    William Carvalho is seriously one of the best players in the world at the moment.

I was concerned 18 months ago that he was going backwards but this calendar year and in particular the start of this season has seen him play to such a high level and most importantly consistancy. He's sporting deep lying playmaker like Pirlo was for Juve and Italy. If sporting wins the title this year(Jesus that hurts to say) it will be largely down to him. He creates time and space for the Fernandss and Martins of this world to shine. He made Juves midfield look really ordinary today, I can't help but think Danilo Pareira should play as the CDM to allow William to roam around, im starting to feel he is wasted being anchored to shielding our slow ageing CBs. Very excited to watch this guy play next year

Ruben Dias surprised the hell out of me this morning, I honestly though he was an average prospect but I have to say Rui Vitoria does have an eye for unsuspecting talent from the reserves eg Nelsinho. He completely shut down Lukaku which for me is very impressive considering how physically imporsing he is. One performance doesn't really solidify him as a good prospect but with the stocks looking slim at the moment performances like this get you excited.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  5. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i too was surprised by Ruben played well

JoseEmidio repped this.
  6. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ricardo Pereira can play both sides and is another option as you know.

7. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    'Put in Nelson semedo/Cancelo at RB and Gurreiro at LB with Coentrao his backup, and that lineup yesterday is our best XI right now.' Ricardo Pereira would be better as Coentrão (Crystal) is likely to get injured and Ricardo can play LB & RB, if Coentrão makes it.

8. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Only once:

01/03/2006 Saudi Arabia 0 Portugal 3, international friendly.

9. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Red jacket and the black shirt with the cross look to have potential.

10. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When was the last time he played on the team? I always liked him as the RB because with Raphaël Guerreiro/Coentrão at LB you can start an attack from either side. All three are great passers in my opinion. You might lose a little bit of defense but man, with those guys as you outside Fullbacks, you have a chance to have some nice play to the mids and forwards. That will be tough for ANY team to defend.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  11. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Due to over 100 people dying in forest fires in the last couple of months the international friends against Saudi Arabia and USA will be played in two areas effected by the flames.

Portugal vs Saudi Arabia, 10th November 2017, Estádio do Fontelo, em Viseu (originally scheduled for Estádio Municipal Dr. Magalhães Pessoa, em Leiria)

Portugal vs USA, 14th November 2017, Estádo Municipal Leira, Leira (originally scheduled for Estádio Algarve)

Also Santos choses his team for these friendlies on the 3rd of November.

https://www.publico.pt/2017/10/19/d...os-incendios-1789548?page=/&pos=7&b=stories_c

http://www.fpf.pt/pt/News/Todas-as-notícias/Notícia/news/13665/contextid/172

12. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    NewLaw83 repped this.
  14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #1139 GoodDead, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    THANK YOU NIKE!!!!

What a disaster we avoided. Even with that weird sleeve thing this is a for sure buy for me.

Normally when the swoosh is one colour the name number match. They still list white on Footy headlines. lets see which way it goes but I'm glad the crest is unchanged and we dont have baby blue on the front.
    [​IMG]

15. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks a lot like the 2008 kit iirc

16. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Advertisement at its finest.

They leaked the early design to see initial reactions in their target markets and realized they were universally hated.

Now if they only brought back green shorts....

NewLaw83 repped this.
  17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    that kit had the dumbest/ugliest collar.

The fit was weird as well:
    [​IMG]
    Green shorts won't come back with Nike. I'll take the green socks until the deal is over and the next company brings them back.

But at least Nike finally listened. I'm sure not having a clue where to put the numbers was a bigger reason for the change but I'll take any reason. Take my money on this one Nike.

18. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This great news. If it ain’t broke, then don’t fix it.

19. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A selecção portuguesa vai ficar instalada, durante o Mundial de 2018, na Rússia, no centro de treinos Saturn, que fica localizado em Kratovo, nos arredores de Moscovo, anunciou esta segunda-feira a Federação Portuguesa de Futebol (FPF) no seu sítio oficial na Internet...

A 1 de Dezembro, Portugal vai ficar a conhecer os adversários da fase de grupos e as cidades em que vai jogar, no sorteio que se vai realizar em Moscovo.

Our base is in Kratovo, 50km outside Moscow, the draw is on December the 1st.

https://www.publico.pt/2017/10/30/d...s-de-moscovo-1790824?page=/&pos=3&b=stories_b

1173003.jpeg

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    and if our games are mostly away from Moscow?...so if the draw is rigged we are in on it...sigh.

21. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    William Carvalho and Coentrao missing Sportings match vs Juventus.

22. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Eis a lista dos 24 convocados por Fernando Santos:

Guarda-redes

Beto (Goztepe, Tur)

Anthony Lopes (Lyon, Fra)

José Sá (FC Porto).

Defesas

Pepe (Besiktas, Tur)

Luís Neto (Fenerbahçe, Tur)

Nelson Semedo (FC Barcelona, Esp)

Antunes (Getafe, Esp)

Kévin Rodrigues (Real Sociedad, Esp)

Ricardo Ferreira (Sporting de Braga)

Edgar Ié (Lille, Fra)

Ricardo Pereira (FC Porto)

João Cancelo (Inter de Milão, Ita)

Médios

Danilo (FC Porto)

João Mário (Inter Milão, Ita)

Bruno Fernandes (Sporting)

Ruben Neves (Wolverhamptobn, Ing)

Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv Moscovo, Rus)

Ronny Lopes (Mónaco, Fra)

Avançados

Bernardo Silva (Manchester City, Ing)

Gelson Martins (Sporting)

André Silva (AC Milan, Ita)

Eder (Lokomotiv Moscovo, Rus)

Gonçalo Guedes (Valência, Esp)

Bruma (Leipzig, Ale)

De foram ficam 11 jogadores habitualmente chamados e que estiveram nos últimos jogos de apuramento, com Andorra e Suíça. São eles: Ronaldo, Rui Patrício, Cédric, José Fonte, Bruno Alves, Eliseu, William Carvalho, João Moutinho, André Gomes, Renato Sanches e Ricardo Quaresma.

https://www.publico.pt/2017/11/03/d...249?page=/&pos=1&b=stories_cover__important_b

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Not surprising. We need to test new players, especially in central defense.

24. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i like it good to test some new faces