Road to Brazil 2019 - U17 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by SiempreCrema, Sep 20, 2018.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So Guinea, Angola, Nigeria and Cameroon qualify from CAF.

Just CONCACAF and UEFA to go.

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Been following every U17 team in the world. From what I've seen, Nigeria have been the best team and will be clear favourites to win the World Cup. With talent like Ubani and Olasegun, they play lovely football. Just need to finish their chances better.

Argentina and Chile will also get far. I also liked what I saw of South Korea, but they struggle against teams that sit back.

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Concacaf teams eliminated in the Group Stage were Bermuda, Barbados, Guyana, and Suriname. Here is the Round of 16 bracket:

Mexico vs. Puerto Rico
    El Salvador vs. Jamaica
    Haiti vs. Dominican Republic
    Trinidad and Tobago vs. Honduras
    USA vs. Guadeloupe
    Panama vs. Guatemala
    Costa Rica vs. Nicaragua
    Canada vs. Curacao

Concacaf gets 4 spots, so the first two, third and fourth, fifth and sixth, and seventh and eighth pairs will each qualify 1 team. It would be a surprise if Mexico and/or USA didn't qualify. The quadrant of Haiti, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, and Honduras has the most teams with a chance. Costa Rica and Canada could be the most interesting Quarterfinal.

4. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you serious? :eek: Man, I might just talk my wife into a trip to Bradenton :D

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you go?

USA, Mexico, Canada, and Haiti qualified. Mexico beat El Salvador 5-1, USA beat Panama 3-0, and two games had PKs. Haiti qualified over Honduras and Canada qualified over Costa Rica, with both games being 1-1 after regulation, 1-1 after extra time, and 4-3 in PKs.

6. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Key West won out :oops:

I really hope the recent success under Collat - qualifying for the u-20 WWC, the u-17 WC, the Gold Cup and League A of the CNL - leaves the FHF even more embarrassed and remorseful over having run him out and wasted two years under Neveu :mad:

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Meanwhile in Europe, France and the Netherlands qualify so far. Netherlands absolutely dominant over a Belgian side that won their elite qualifying group (more evidence that Dutch football is back?)!

Two more will qualify later today:
    Hungary v Spain
    Portugal v Italy

And one more later this week.

If Italy or Hungary lose today, they will get another shot in a 5th-place playoff to qualify for Brasil (against each other if they both lose, or against Belgium if one of them lose). If they both win, then the 5th-place playoff will be Belgium v Portugal.

8. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy qualified after beating Portugal 1:0.

BocaFan repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And Spain qualify on PKs over Hungary. Hungary gets another chance in the playoff against Belgium.