River Plate Youth Teams

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 1, 2006.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hadn't heard of him til now until now, when I did a quick google search of his name.. Turns out he just finished as the top scorer of the youth divisions with 18 goals

I don't know anything more about him than you do, but I did find a few videos where he's interviewed if you're interested

Overachiever repped this.
  2. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Only us Mexicans have heard of him since he has a huge hard-on for Mexico. But he's been doing really good in his tournament but he's still young and anything can happen in his development from now until he can make his senior debut.

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #253 RiverGaucho, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Which level does he play at? I'm a socio and i try to follow the youth teams, but we have many categories so i don't recognize the name

If he wants to play for mexico thats fine. River is a love that crosses boarders. I don't care which national team he plays for if he scores goals for river... but it is strange to hear someone that seems almost anti-argentina. I was born in USA and i would always choose to play for Argentina before USA, but i would never celebrate a goal if i scored one against USA, and much less against argentina... Also, how can you be anti-arg when you speak with a porteño accent?!

4. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He plays in the 6th division. Category '97.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River terminated youngster Mauro Mallorca's contract, allowing him to return as a free agent to his former club -- the recently promoted Temperley.

The promising playmaker had been acquired in 2012 when Passarella paid $200,000+ (record transfer for Temperley, btw) for Mallorca, who was 16-years-old at the time.

I remember a lot of teams were after him: he showed a lot of promise. We ended up making a very significant investment to keep him, considering he was just a youngster and coming from such a small team, so I'm not sure what happened for them to just release him... overhyped? too much pressure in River? a negociado from Passarella & co (remember Lescano?)??

Regardless of what happened, the kid is leaving through the back door. Lets hope it's not another Cazares/Bou type of case.. I doubt it, but who knows.

megamac20817 repped this.
  6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tomas Andrade is on the verge of joining Everton (England). Any reason as to why he has been allowed to go ?

7. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just read that Tomas Andrade might get purchased by Everton. Supposedly, Roberto Martinez likes the kid. But WTF! He is only 19 and no one knows what he is capable of yet. Is Andrade suppose to be a blue-chip potential? Did Gallardo have any plans for this kid?

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who knows. The only thing for sure is that he likes the ecuadorian Casquete a lot- and so do i- the kid is a crack.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The sons of Gallardo, Burruchaga, and Simeone were all on the bench for the Reserve team today

[​IMG]

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gotta love it. Burruchaga, all-time Independiente legend- maybe top 5 of all time at the club, sends his kid to play at River. El Más Grande. Lejos

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This pibe(Claudio Echeverri) is crack. Scored some fantastic goals as he ripped through Juventus. Granted they are still very young, the goal he scored were years beyond his age.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina