River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2013

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think I remember him being a 5 which we have plenty of with Ledesma, Ponzio and Kranevitter. I see a trend of acquiring injury prone players like him and Menseguez. I guess Ramon thinks he can revive their careers like he did with Ledesma. He's only 23, so not a bad signing.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think it will happen. The guy is very identified with Racing, I don't see him joining River. Also, Ramon has no connections, and he's not one of Emiliano's friends so theres no need to bring him with Ledesma and Ponzio and Kranevitter pushing for more time every week.

If we are going to take a shot on a player that is a risky signing, it needs to be a side back. Either a 3 or 4. Vangioni is just much better in midfield, we're are losing about 40% of his talents playing him at 3. On the other side, Mercado isn't good enough and Ponzio to me should play in midfield

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    balazsriver10 repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like River already contacted Chacarita inquiring about transfer conditions for Matias Sanchez, a 17-year-old midfielder who currently forms part of the U-17 WC squad alongside Driussi & co.

To be honest, I've never seen him play but he's scored some nice goals in the WC group stage so far, including a precise curving shot from outside the box and a header to the angle. I think he could be a good addition. If anything, we probably have better chances of getting a useful player by gambling on projects like this (remember Ocampos?) than by spending fortunes on the likes of Fabbro, Rojas, etc.

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Crespo was on the radio today saying that he wants to manage river one day and that he would come without thinking they called... :thumbsdown: This guy jus has to keep selling smoke doesn't? Thanks for 96 but really just shut up and go away!

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Maidana is going to join Puebla in Mexico

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ases-2014/19655-maidana-se-iria-a-mexico.html

The highest paid (or maybe second highest paid behind Teo) is finally leaving after haciendo agua for three years, living off the goal he scored against Boca. This season in particular, since his return from injury, he has been just useless... Olimpo game he reached the low point

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out BURRO! Ahora falta q rajen a Bottinelli, Rojas, Ledesma, Carbonero, Fabbro, Mora, y Menzegol

7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Carbonero is so bad he makes me miss Sanchez. Ledesma is retiring.

Bottinelli is gone when the new president arrives and realizes the corrupt money laundering that was used to get him. Instead he will launder his own money to get another useless player himself.:thumbsup:

balazsriver10 repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Letting Ponzio go would be a mistake. I know he doesn't get along with Ramon, but that leaves Kranevitter at 20 years old as the true number 5 on the roster (assuming Ledesma also leaves)

If I had a choice between Ponzio and say Rojas... Well I don't think anyone in their right mind would rather keep Rojas, yet it seems like Ramon has made up his mind considering Rojas is starting and Ponzio isn't even going to the bench lately

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At this point I think it's more likely that Ramón leaves than Ponzio.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So right now the name that is sounding strongest is Cavenaghi. His time at Pachuca wasn't very successful, but he's never let River down, so I'd say we bring him. The team needs goals and Cavegol- in theory- should give us some, or at least he couldn't do any worse, but I have faither

Another name that been circling is that of Buonanotte. I love el Enano, I still think it was a crime that JJ didn't use him in the promocion- but I really don't think Buonanotte is the type of player we need right now. If we had a team in place, I'd love him, but we need to someone who can come in and carry the team and change the way we play... Not sure who that could be, D'Alessandro seems impossible.... Lucho Gonzalez is equally as unlikely, though he could be an option in June.

Not sure who our second signing should be, but we need to be smart. It needs to be someone who will adapt quickly and preferably someone who knows the club... It needs to be D'Alessandro. Just put the money, bring him in and this team will probably win the Final.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina