River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2010

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So apparently Dario Cvitanich signed with Pachuca. :( Pavone is an unrealistic target in my opinion, so who else can we possibly bring in to fill in the empty #9 slot? A player is needed in that position, si o si.

Does anyone know if Luciano Figueroa is getting any playing time in Europe? I heard that both Rodrigo Palacio and Hernan Crespo are subs in Genoa, so I can only imagine Luciano Figueroa is far from playing. I think he would be ideal for the team, we need a player of his characteristics. When he went to Boca, he said he didn't want to return to River because of Aguilar and our dirigencia. With Daniel Passarella as President now, maybe things are different. Coincidentally, Passarella was the coach during Figueroa's time at River. I wonder how the relationship between the two is.

2. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    So basically, we are in trouble for a striker?

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    E.Lugo ?? said; "Funny how people can make judgements just based on nationality. Were all uruguayans at River like el Enzo? I highly doubt it".

well lemme just say that you Colombians have been "Hyping" this Teofilio guy for the last year and a half like hes the next big thing ! the guys i just mentioned were all hyped ,all expensive all just about worthless..

un-hyped guys like L.A.Perea, Oscar cordoba, M. Yepes, jp.angel have surpassed expectations ...

4. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Here's a vid of Emiliano Alfaro of Liverpool. Liverpool of Montevideo to be exact. Though he hasn't been linked to River, he might be an interesting player to look at.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpBtDcN7bqQ"]YouTube- Peñarol - Liverpool: (2:2) 51' Emiliano Alfaro (L) - 27/9/09[/ame]

5. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Here's another one. Same game. Getting up to use his head this time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJv9brsS6HA&feature=related"]YouTube- Peñarol - Liverpool: (2:1) 33' Emiliano Alfaro (L) - 27/9/09[/ame]

6. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Not surprizing he went to Pachuca. Especially since it has a small group of Argentine players playing there already. Gimenez, Alvarez, and Manzo.

7. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i hear Castroman is free..

8. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
  9. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  10. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    :D

hihi, Demba is twice the size than all enanos together. Would be a great picture to see him between them. :D

11. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I believe that Gallego and Menotti have been following him for the last few months and are very close to signing him.

12. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

To replace Gandin?

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hernan Pellerano (Almeria, ex-Velez) and Juan Manuel Insaurralde (Newell's, recently called up for Maradona's "local NT" vs. Ghana) are two of the options Passarella/Astrada are studying to reinforce the defense. Rumor has it that Daniel "Cata" Diaz could be an alternative if neither of the other two defenders come. As for the attack, Pablo Velasquez (Paraguayan striker, previously linked to River in the last transfer window) appears as a possibility.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    An article on Ole now mentions that Velasquez will not be coming to River, though Cvitanich seems to still be a possibility (he hasn't signed his contract with Pachuca yet). Still, everything seems to indicate that he will be playing for the Mexican team next season. Therefore, Passarella & Co. are looking at other alternatives.

15. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Once again, River misses out.:mad: Cvitanich will not be coming to River. New directors, same crap.:eek: I know I'm gonna get some flack for saying this, but I seriously think the directors need to consider selling Buonanotte. Yeah I know right now he's River's best player, but if they were to sell him to a European club or maybe even a Mexican club, the money from the sale could possibly be used to maybe bring in a D' Alessandro, a top defender, or maybe even a Pavone from Real Betis. With the way River's economic situation is right now, I don't forsee them bringing in anyone noteworthy.

16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Muñeco, I have serious doubts of what Passarella will end up doing. Remember that under his latest spell as DT, he made Aguilar buy for US$20 million!, and used his friends to finance and keep the %s.

I think this will all lead for yet again investor's $$ and River getting little return for showing the talent.

17. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    From what I've read on Olé it seems that Buonanotte won't be sold anywhere. :) ( Stupid Hoffenheim is too dumb to get him, instead Carlos Eduardo has to run for 3. )

18. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The thing is, is that I think we can afford to sell Buonanotte because of the other players River has waiting in the wings. Hell, we still have Lamela, we still have Mauro Diaz, and we still have Roberto Pereyra. Three very talented players who I think could fill Buonanotte's spot if he were sold. Don't get me wrong, I do like Buonanotte. But if it came down to Buonanotte and D' Alessandro, I'd take D' Alessandro in a second over Buonanottte.

19. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    I think you're defnitely wrong when you say any of three could replace Buonanotte. Pereyra is an interesting offensive midfielder but doesnt score too much, Mauro Diaz is too intermittent to really fill the shoes and Lamela is too green for now. Buonanotte is already proven and he was our best scorer for that apertura... Not only that he created constantly havoc in adverse defenses and put deadly passes... no way we can replace him any of three you have cited.

20. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Okay maybe that was a bit of a reach msi2, but I still say that if Astrada is interested in bringing in D'Alessando, they should do whatever it takes to bring him back.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Then again, who would buy Buonanotte? It's easy to say "sell a player", but we haven't seen any firm offers for Dieguito yet. Besides, the only unofficial offers we received for him were for less than 4 million dollars for him (from Cruz Azul and America). It's definitely not worth it to sell him at that price.

Either way, if we received a $20,000,000 offer for him, I still wouldn't want to see him go: Aguilar has made me paranoid, and I no longer have faith in anyone bringing in a good replacement player with the money received from a sale. If anything, I could see them giving the excuse that they had to use the money to clear the club's debt.

22. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i'd buy that! Seriously that kind of a cash injection would be outstanding for your club , but unfortunatly for your club he's really worth about $6million no more .. great skill though ... too bad his growth is stunted at 5'2"

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I've been trying to make a list of the total sum of player sales we've had in the last 20 years. I used to have a list that included many of the transfers, but it was missing some as well. Either way, if you were to see the numbers you'd be amazed. With the hundreds of millions that we have received from selling players over the last decade, you would think we would be far from debt.

I'm going to try to find some time to finally complete the list. It'll take time, though: it's not easy finding the exact prices for all the transfers. I'll definitely let you guys know when I get the job done (if I ever do).

24. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Well looks like we're going to plan "B" now.:eek: Here are the three new names I believe Astrada is interested in. Juan Manual Diaz, Victor Lopez, and Joaquin Larrivey. All I can say is "brutal".:(

25. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can't really blame Passarella just now it was clear he wasn't going to bring up a magic sollution in just a couple of weeks. Also wasn't the plan shaping a team to win the Apertura, not the Clausura?:confused: