Rivalries

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Toon³, Oct 7, 2005.

1. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Re: Rangers and Celtic Rivalries

did anybody see big Jan's top class goal today, it was awesome.

you never see that moany face boyd score like that

2. sixroadends22

sixroadends22 BigRangers Supporter

May 2, 2007
    Belfast

moany face boyd, you mean the one that stunned Boruc and every single celtic supporter behind the goal, you mean that one oh yer right:D . Don't even bother about Charlie Adam because he made Boruc look bad too. So ya Jan's goal was so much better. Wake up and smell the sarcasm was your remark and "wake up and smell the reality of life is mine!:D :D

3. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

rangers are skint;)

4. Stenny

Stenny New Member

May 16, 2007
    Edinburgh, Scotland

Both as bad as each other, cancer of the scottish game, they play on the sectarian rubbish and Mr Murray especially has made millions of pounds on the back of it.

We were first tae wear the green....

5. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

away and disown your irish heritage

6. Stenny

Stenny New Member

May 16, 2007
    Edinburgh, Scotland

Difference being we know that we now play in Scotland and have moved on, nothing tae do wi disowning anything, proud of what our club stands for, whilst yours is joke, for any tattie picker tae sing along wi. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

7. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

now play in scotland, where did you play before?:confused:

8. Stenny

Stenny New Member

May 16, 2007
    Edinburgh, Scotland

I should have worded it different!! We've always played in Scotland, were formed in Edinburgh for the Irish people who were settling in the City. Our club had a purpose to help support the Irish people with food and shelter from the funds we genertated by travelling around Scotland playing charity matches. Then Celtic came along and began to make a profit as they didn't support their local community, it was all businessmen after profit, they then offered the Hibs players bigger and better contracts and they moved West to make a buck, exact same as happens today. Celtic for profit, Hibs for the community.

9. Norn_Iron_Man

Norn_Iron_Man BigFootball Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down

[​IMG]

Here is a guy who hasn't forgotten his "Irish Heritage", This picture is taken at Croke Park in Ireland, where he was protesting a Rugby Match being played on a GAA ground. How do Celtic rank in the GAA? Oh that's right they play in Scotland in the Scottish Premier League --- Playing Football--A Foreign Game! :eek:

10. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

seen that photo a long tome ago
    irony at its finest

11. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

so why change your logo and why have union jacks in your crowd
    why are you named hibernian anyway?:rolleyes:

12. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus

Good stuff come join the rest of the dimwitted Bigots on this board..1st to were green...don't forget ya beat the Huns to a sectarian singing policy...closed shop...opened back up with the same name..stole your players..stole your ideas for a football..old tired pathetic....dwell on this ya lost to a team(over two legs) who will be fighting against Hamilton..Morton...Queen of the South next year...in the Cup Simi-final...what now 107 years...:eek:

13. st mirren till i die

Jul 14, 2007
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Saint Mirren FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Can i just say on behalf of the supporters of all the other clubs in Scotland.

FTOF

14. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

such bitterness....:D

and yet, as soon as one of the old firm clubs mentions banning their fans from away games your chairman, and all the others, start having palpitations..:rolleyes:

15. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

i agree ******** the old firm, ******** rangers
    don't want to be associated with that lot

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I just saw many episodes of:
    "The Real Football Factories"

I'm curious if the one about Scotland and specifically the OF
    rings true.

Have a look at Part 1 of 5 just about Scotland:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EIYTu82BQm4

17. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

[youtube]BCbU-igIeJo[/youtube]

:rolleyes:

18. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

what makes it even worse is artur boruc was given a caution by the police for blessing himself at ibrox!

he blesses himself before every match and at the start of the 2nd half of every match. he's done it since he started as a professional footballer. he does it on international duty for poland.

why should he be cautioned and have to stop doing it at ibrox because of the moronic idiots that take offence to a catholic footballer blessing himself? it's not like he does it at ibrox and nowhere else. this isn't a practice he's just started since he arrived in scotland. he's done it all his life.

how does this reflect on our country?

19. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I totally understand your position, he should be able to convey his religion if he wants to, but in such a hostile atmosphere of an old firm game he's being irresponsible, because of the impact such a gesture has on some stupid, ignorant and bigoted Rangers fans.

The fact is that these people do take offence to this act, and whether you understand it to be offensive is not the issue.

The fact is that at Ibrox or Parkhead, in an old firm atmosphere, it can cause a riot. So what if someone dies because of that riot, or people are injured, would you say it was responsible for Boruc to do that? Or continue crossing himself?

I don't think so, and so in receiving a police caution, because he is aware of what his actions could result in, is fair in my opinion. I think that just for the old-firm games he should cross himself in the changing rooms. I just don't want people to get hurt, thats all. There are no alterior motives coming from me.

I respect religion, even if i am an athiest, but i don't want people to get hurt.

20. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

the above point still stands.

that's wrong. rather than blame boruc for any trouble that may or may not happen perhaps the perpetrators in the stands could be weeded out.

just a thought.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

That was an absolute joke! :rolleyes: Come to the Bundesliga ... and you'll see players blessing themselves in every game! So should the police give them all caution because they might offend the protestants at stadium?

We have about 31 % catholics and 30 % protestants (like me) in Germany; thankfully they all live peacefully together and respect each other (many catholics get married with protestants) ... so I really can't understand this hate between the members of both confessions in some parts of the Scottish population! :eek:

Bigotry among Christians (especially in Europe) is very hard to understand...

22. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

That's funny, so does mine :rolleyes:

Impossible. Its ingrained in the culture of these types of people. Its a Scottish problem not a footballing one. All Boruc needs to do, is either bless himself in the changing rooms, or stop laughing and taunting the bigots and face the other way when crossing himself. During an old-firm match a lot of the crowd become 90 minute bigots. So its impossible to "weed" them out.

Its the fact he plays for Celtic, as well and its being used in the derby atmosphere, its dangerous.

Rangers have had lots of catholic players crossing themselves on the field. Its just the scenario that causes the rouble.

It's not stictly because he crosses himself he was punished, its because he knew what he was doing in provoking the bigots.

And Borussia, i don't think most protestants are offended by catholics crossing themselves, its just that the ones in this incidence are bigoted.

23. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

this argument would hold more weight if he only started doing it when he came to scotland or if he only did it for SPL matches but he's been doing it all his career both domestically and internationally.

yes he's a wind up merchant. no doubt about that. but this is a thing he's done all his footballing career and perhaps he feels he's entitled to do it on any football pitch.

giving out a police caution because he does it doesn't solve the problem. i don't know if the police suggested he do it as he goes onto the pitch. a compromise is probably the best, and only way forward in this instance.

question is, because it's boruc, would that element of the rangers support still take offense to it if he crossed himself as he went onto the pitch and not in his goalmouth?

24. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I know what you mean about all his carerr, but he hasn't played in Scotland against Rangers for his whole career, what i'm telling you is that in Scotland bigots exist between protestants and catholics, i dont think this exists anywhere else in europe except maybe Ireland.

I think giving out a caution should solve the problem in Boruc's case, but the problem is he's too arrogant to change.

I think even a compromise of him doing it as he comes on the pitch is a good idea, as this way its not as if he's confronting the Rangers support. I dont think as many would be angry, and so anyone willing to say oh he could have caused a riot would also ignore any future complaints.

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I wonder how these "fans" would have reacted in the case that he played for Rangers instead of Celtic and blessed himself after entering the box ...

Abuse or not? :p