Revs vs. DC, 4/22

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by abecedarian, Apr 22, 2017.

1. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was out and missed this game but agree 100% on your opinion of Lee's behavior. He's not a captain and shouldn't be the revs' captain. Just another example of Heaps making a poor judgment.
    Love this. Smith brings the right kind of fight to the team. Caldwell shows a lot of fight also. The rest need to grow a backbone.

2. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a really weird game. If you had told me ahead of time that Lee Nguyen would both score one with his head, and save one with his head, I'd never have believed you. And how many shots went off the woodwork? Four, five?

The only totally predictable thing about this game was Le Toux scoring agains the Revs.

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a fan of asking inane questions like that. Of course Heaps is disappointed and probably frustrated that his ideas aren't working. We remember him as a player and now see him rant on the sidelines, so he's not a Steve Ralston type, where you can't tell what he's really thinking.

I used to lead with a queston/half statement just to get him to talk. In this case, maybe something like "You must be disappointed with the result, where it seems there were lots of bright spots and opportunities where you could have come away with 3 points..." and then he starts to talk about missed opportunites, maybe how his strategy of doing X was supposed to do something, etc. You might get some insight that way, instead he's just pissed off that you insulted his intelligence. Most guys aren't going to go all Bruce Arena on you, they'll talk about relevant stuff and maybe say something interesting.

I keep thinking Femi would be a better option for the late-game energy sub. Teal's confidence is shot right now.
    I can understand if Lee was pissed about being subbed out when we needed a goal, especially when he already had one. No player is going to be happy in that situation, but I agree he needed to take the high road and accept the coach's authority. Or is Heaps losing the team already?

I missed that. It was about Tierney, but I didn't get a good look at it.

Yeah, going back, the most successful Revs teams have always had a guy like that, from Jermaine Jones, Shalrie Joseph, Daniel Hernandez, and Joey Franchino. You need a guy who won't take crap from anyone and won't let them get away with hacking our skill players.

4. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Just making the playoffs, is by definition a mediocre goal is it not? And isn't making the playoffs the stated goal of the Revs?

But hey ---they've improved both their goals for and goals against rates! They have 1.38 GF per game this year versus 1.29 GF/g last year and they have 1.38 GA/g this year versus 1.59 GA/g last year. So they've improved!! They are just unlucky that Atlanta joined MLS this year because otherwise they'd only be one team from the last playoff spot. ;):p:cry:

TOAzer repped this.
  5. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States