Revs Roster 2018 - III

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zak Boggs who got a Fulbright scholarship. He ended up playing in PDL and USL for a while.

2. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    It also happened when we invited ourselves to Chicago's Jermaine Jones party.

3. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    And put Sebastian Lleget on our discovery list to force the Galaxy & Bruce Arena to give us $50,000 in allocation money.

4. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    #279 tsb11, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Because the rules in the cba set it up for it to be the revs fault. Here is the time line:
    1) revs put ibarra on their discovery list. Try to buy him in the winter but dont want to pay his fee and decide to wait until he is free in the summer. (Its times like this where offering a pre-contract would solve everything)
    2) minnesota identifies ibarra as a player they want
    3) minnesota offers revs 50k for right to sign him
    4) 5 day period for revs to accept 50k or make a reasonable contract offer to ibarra
    5) revs fail to fulfill later condition and minnesota signs him, giving the revs the 50k

Considering that the revs had previously tried to bring him in, but didnt want to pay his fee, it doesnt surprise me that they also failed to offer him a reasonable contract in a 5 day period. What evidence do we have in the burns era do we have of him a) acting in good faith to make a reasonable offer to a player or b) working quickly to sign a player?

5. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guillermo will discover the Revs will give him Hauchemars.

Jon Martin repped this.
  7. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    #282 tsb11, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Hey that central american attacker we were promised finally showed up. I wonder when he'll play.

Career summary:
    Came up through the racing club youth system in argentina, and joined their reserve side in 2013. Mad 3 appearances for their senior side in the spring of 2014 as a left wing.
    Secured loan to club almagro of buenos aires in feb 2015. Made 0 appearances as club was relegated to 2nd division.
    Transfered to chile on a free in summer 2017. Made 9 appearances (5 starts) primarily at left wing for union espanola and recorded 3 assists.
    Acquired on a free in winter by deportes temuco in chile, made 8 appearances (6 starts) primarily as a cam. Released in april.

Doesnt exactly scream difference maker, but he is still only 25

8. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Angking started and scored off a pen for the u19s against jamaica tuesday. He played at least 135 minute (i cant find stats for the win vs the us u20s) over the 3 game tournament, which the u19s won

rkupp repped this.
  9. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    One of the more interesting tweets this evening re: Guillermo -

10. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I saw it. It makes 0 sense. He played during the winter for the #2 chilean team and picked up 3 assists. Then he plays for the #15 team, who decide to release him in may after all the cold weather games have happened. Seems like the cold shouldnt have been a factor in making that decision. More likely the team is bad and he didnt fit with them in a way that made them better. The revs will be his 3rd free transfer in 14 months

Edit: chile play in the southern hemisphere so their seasons are reversed! But it doesnt get that cold in chile, and for some reason they just switched from an august-april schedule to a march-november calendar.

11. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Record low in Temuco in July (coldest month) is 17F, average low 40F. So, like our March or November.

12. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also have one eyebrow raised on this guy but he does fit the Revs main requirements:
    1) No transfer fee and nobody else wants him badly
    2) He's willing to come here. (apparently no other options)

His stats dont promise much and I dont think its our biggest need. We need a stud forward to replace Teal more than anything right now. I wonder if hes a backup in case they move Rowe or Juan? My gut tells me he'll be another very average player similar to others we have? Time will tell. Lets hope we're not locked into some long contract in case he's another bust

13. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    LeMieux's tweet talks about him being a depth signing.

14. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burns is a fool. 50K fee is nothing. Prob low balled him on an offer a and couldnt get it done. Goes back to only cast offs, projects, draft picks and players nobody wants .....need apply

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Depth" signings are fine if you already have good-to-great players in your top 15. Otherwise they are like choosing what color to paint the upstairs bathroom when you haven't even built the house yet.

16. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/po...king-gets-massive-experience-us-under-19-team

I found this quote from Rowe interesting - he states Angking had an injury, but everything preceding was an illness. Did we ever identify what he was out for? Feels very personal, but also serious maybe for some reason - no need for me to pry, but was just curious. Whatever it was, glad to see him at 100%

“For Isaac to come back from the injury that he had, then play with us for the first time, then go into the call-up, I think it just gives him a little bit of confidence going in.

17. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    You're ignoring FDA's reporting. How do we know that the Revs were notified on Minnesota's interest? Presumably these things all go through the MLS office.

18. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Love how the negativistas are so anxious to denigrate the signing before seeing the guy even take a kick.

asctester repped this.
  19. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're suggesting that the Revs had no idea that Minnesota wanted to sign the guy until after it was a done deal and they got a $50,000 check in the mail?

20. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point it seems like a lottery ticket. I hope I'm proven wrong. As far as 2018 goes, if he can produce a few assists and draw enough attention to create space for other attackers, he'll exceed my expectations.

21. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Unless you have a better explanation for what FDA meant when he blamed it on a mixup in the league office, yes.

22. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burns visited the league office, but got mixed up and went to the wrong room... :p

23. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    His info on transfermarkt says he is a left wing/cam with 20 total senior appearances (17nin the last 12 months). The no goals thing is accurate

25. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It lasted long enough to "make the playoffs" and win that tournament we used to play with some Mexican teams, SuperLiga? I have fond memories of beating some pretty good Mexican teams and them melting down after the final whistle.

I thought Mansally and Nyassi were going to be stars in this league, but it never happened. Shame.

A Casual Fan repped this.