Revs @ Crew - PBP [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by MFRONE, Jun 22, 2005.

1. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Crew are actually up 1-0 after a Buddle goal in the 4th minute.

We just missed another goal after a ball headed for the empty Revs net deflected off Franchino.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New game at 1 - 1.

3. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The was the worst defending I've ever seen from Chad Marshall. He just left Noonan wide open to score the goal. Fraser had Dempsey and Chad could have just cleared the ball if he would have stayed on his man.

1-1

4. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Glenn with a very good opportunity in front of the net gets way too cute with the ball and ends up putting it over the northend.

5. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the type of performance that's just good enough for Greg to keep his job.

6. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Another poor finish by Buddle. He allows Joey Franchino to get to the goal line to clear a shot after Eddison had a breakaway.

The Crew should have at least 2 or 3 goals right now if we had forwards who could actually finish.

7. hansel

hansel Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Man you guys are hard on your team. I guess that's good in a way, though. I think they're playing pretty well, it's been a pretty fun game to watch.

8. hansel

hansel Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Then again...

Dempsey Goal 2-1 Revs

9. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Awesome! Anyone want to take a little mental break just before half time? I'm sure it won't matter none....

10. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    AHHHH WE SUCK AGAIN!

wait, STILL!!!!

11. Hector & Jane

Hector & Jane New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sometimes life's not fair. Crew played well that half. I'm not sure Fraser was under so much pressure he needed to surrender that last corner rather than kick to the sideline. Maybe they'll show a replay. Was that Martino marking Dempseay on the goal? You'd think they would have matched a tougher body against Clint.

12. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well the Crew will either get pissed and come at the Revs in the second half or completely fold. History says they'll fold.

That CK goal was bond to happen. You can't give up that many corners with a team of good FK takers and not give up a goal. I thought Fraser could've done better then playing that out for a Corner.

And is it possible to stop the Herdsman at LB experiement already. He still has no idea where to be on the field.

Martino great stuff out there. When he's getting the ball he's showing that vision I said he lacked. Keep it up.

Buddle and Glen come on just shoot the thing. Cornell should have just hit, he didn't need to bring it back. Buddle should have hit it as soon as Reis came out. There's no reason to show the keeper the ball like that and if you do and do manage to round the keeper look up to see if there's a defender on the line. He assumed there wouldn't be and it made an ass of him.

Other then that, at least it's been an entertaining game. Wish I could've gone.

13. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The offense is so painful to watch.

14. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blame me for everything...

The Crew are up 1-0 as I turn the radio on coming home for grocery shopping. In the time between putting groceries away and putting the hi-fi on its 1-1. At the end of the half, I go to fill up a bucket of water for my fish and return to a 1-2 score.

I am going to staple myself to the couch in front of the hi-fi until the game is over. The pain from the staple gun will cancel out the pain of listening to the Crew play soccer, errr. um. run around on the field for 90 minutes.

15. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hejduk just bear-tackled Smith in the box as smith was on-rushing to a perfect cross. In response, Kevin Terry picked his nose.

Guess the soccer gods were with us on that one.

16. Hector & Jane

Hector & Jane New Member

May 30, 2005
    Rodriguez squanders another run. If he, Heyduk and Glen could trade some running for actual skill, we'd be set.

17. Hector & Jane

Hector & Jane New Member

May 30, 2005
    Wolyniek for Martino?

18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is wrong with Martino? Why is he always subbed of after about 70 minutes? When will Andrulis get fired? What? Why? When??

19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I like good soccer. Please fire Andrulis.

20. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    There was nothing wrong with him tonight. He looked pretty decent out there. If we are going to sub any midfielder it has to be Simon Elliot. The subs Greg keeps making just continue to boggle my mind.

21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Revs announcers are on the Fire Greg bandwagon.

Not even enough fans left for loud boos.

22. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Why Simon had a wonderful game out there as a holding mid. He broke up play after play, took good fouls, got the ball to Martino facing goal. Nothing wrong with Elliott's play today.

23. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Elliot was decent but if you need offense you don't take off the "creative midfielder". You get more offense out of Martino than you can Simon.

24. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I actually made it to the game tonight. I figured (a) Anthem Chick is singing, (b) we either win and get 3 points or (c) we lose and I saw Greg's last game.

They played a 4-3-3 with Glen, Buddle and Rodriguez on top, Martino, Elliott and Wingert in the middle, and the usual 4 in the back (with Herdsman taking the left back). They actually looked good and I enjoyed a very nice first half. In fact, I looked at the clock and it read 41:25 and it seemed I had just watched about 10 minutes or so.

The second half kept going and going and going. We looked horrible the last few minutes Loco was on the field, and progressively worse after they subbed him and KMart out.

Like I said, they actually looked good tonight. They moved the ball forward quickly, beat up on Heaps like an old drum, and created chance after chance. Loco was unlucky on one shot where he put it behind Reis's dive but his shot clipped off the back heel of a Revs defender and deflected wide. Glen looked active and created chances half the time. Ditto with Loco. I think they're pressing too much and trying to play too quick for their own good. I was impressed with Loco's corner kicks tonight - Hejduk had to bury the one he got on the six.

Well, there are 10 days or so to the next match. What a great time for a new coach to take over. The WYC contingent is on the way back. How's that for a coincidence.

:D

25. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taking out Martino killed any chance you had to get back in the match. You went from dangerous wing play to Rt 1 long balls whick made it easy for us to kill the game. Greg just isn't a good coach. :cool: Sure hope for the good of your franchise that he will be replaced---SOON.