Revolution Stadium Groundbreaking "12-24 months" Part XIV

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Alan, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha! Just look at how far back this thread goes!

2. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I probably should have checked the time stamp on the first post before posting. Hopefully the D.C. News will push ownership in the right direction!

3. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the nice thoughts but let me save you some time studying our history. The ONLY thing that motivates our ownership is $. Now, if that means a stadium will eventually enhance the bottom line then we eventually get one. If-on the other hand- they see long term financial success playing at the Patriot's barn, then that's what we are relegated to. :)

Kenp and GaSouthern repped this.
  4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We agree - we all want an urban stadium. A lot of people are just cynical and jaded because the stadium talk started roughly in 2006ish. Here we sit in 2017 no closer to our goal in practical terms. That said, we appreciate the positive thoughts. If only the powers-that-be could see they're the last one left and get something done, it would be great.

GaSouthern repped this.
  5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you figure the Patriots are going to need a new stadium in about 10-15 years, so that's when we'll be playing our home league games in a place other than Gillette.

6. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Edit: posted this without seeing the next page full of replies...still gives some relevant history IMO

Ha, no but thanks for the laugh. Most we can expect is some more hand-wringing by local pol's about the impact the stadium will have on their constituents.

If the Dorchester site pans out it'll be minimum 5 years before we have shovels in the cold, urban fill around Columbia Point.

Speaking of which, we should probably be hearing something about the teacher's union demands on the purchase of their property being reduced any day now, right?

Sorry, this reads extra snarky but that's where we are at the moment!

TOAzer repped this.
  7. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Some of this is based on stadium situation -

836627645009911808 is not a valid tweet id

VTSoccerFan and NFLPatriot repped this.
  8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Or so."

9. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it depends which planet's "year" he's referencing. A year (appropriately enough referred to as a revolution period) on Jupiter is 11.86 earth years while a year on Saturn is 29.46 years. At this rate we will surpass the Jupiter year and go for a Saturn year. Maybe that's what they meant by "12-24 months"! Savvy.

TOAzer and msilverstein47 repped this.
  10. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is New England. We don't break ground, we break wind.

TOAzer, Kenp and MM66 repped this.
  11. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No. We are on the 14th iteration of a mock thread of how the Revs have no firm intention of building a SSS. We are expecting nothing and the Revs consistently deliver on those expectations.

TOAzer and ctsoccer13 repped this.
  13. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RevsLiverpool and ctsoccer13 repped this.
  14. Kenp

Kenp BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 17, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Just got this personal email from Don Garber...

"Two state-of-the-art venues open this year with Orlando City SC unveiling its new beautiful soccer-specific stadium on Sunday in front of a capacity crowd against NYCFC on ESPN. Atlanta United will play the first-ever sporting event in the city's new downtown sports and entertainment venue on July 30. And after 20 years of hard work, D.C. United has broken ground on their new stadium, Audi Field."

Can't wait till he writes "And after 57 years of hard work, the New England Revolution has broken ground on their new stadium, Brady Field."

RevsLiverpool, ToMhIlL and NFLPatriot repped this.
  15. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Bilello earlier today tweeting that they are working on "fan engagement" stuff in the meantime while waiting for developments on the stadium front.

(No, he did not explicitly use the word "waiting". I already know that. You do not need to reply to this to tell me that.)

When politely asked for some examples of what constitutes a focus on "fan engagement" --

My personal opinion is that these items are gravy. But one little problem -- there's still no beef. So - just how meaningful is gravy in that case....?
    (I am sure there are other who will disagree, and value the items Brian lists far more highly than do I).​

No mention of working on "quality of on-field product" as its own to-do, nor as a sub-item in the "fan engagement" category.

>> To me, that would really be a good thing to focus on. Seems like a lot of bandwidth (and labor expense) going into the management of (arguably) peripheral stuff. How would on-field product improve if that bandwidth were instead redirected to that on-field product endeavor?​

RevFan repped this.
  16. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I still get a laugh how my ticket rep tried to persuade me to keep my season tickets, in 2011, because if I renewed I'd have priority when the stadium would open.

17. RevFan

RevFan Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 1, 1999
    East Lyme, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't follow this team for the "fan engagement". If that is his priority then this team is hopeless.

MM66, a517dogg and pwykes repped this.
  18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of the same crap from the FO at the Revs season ticket event. I'm so glad I don't go to this nonsense anymore.

19. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you do! So what's your beef?....;)

20. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RevsLiverpool and Crooked repped this.
  21. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's just a weird design, with half the sideline open and stands in both end zones

22. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There would be a lot of soccer balls in that water if Khano was playing. I was in the seats directly behind him when he took a free kick that literally went all the way across the field and directly out of bounds for a throw-in. The silence was deafening from the crowd.

pwykes repped this.
  23. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will hold up well during hurricane season, good thinking Tampa

24. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What they are implying is that the game is so boring, we'll let you watch the boats!

25. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any city who has to have a campaign to maintain their city's weirdness has already lost the battle.
    Tampa Bay's "proposed stadium" is just a remodeling of Al Lang Stadium in St. Petersburg, originally a baseball stadium used for minor league baseball and spring training games for the Cardinals and Yankees. That explains the odd configuration. I believe the part on the right side of the picture is the original stadium.
    The USL's Tampa Bay Rowdies use Al Lang now.