Return to the Club that "runs through my veins" - The Welcome Dani Carvajal Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely. Difference maker as always.

2. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guys, you have to watch this video (48 mins) about Carvajal,. Goosebumps all the way. Never thought it's possible, but now I love him even more. And yes, there are subtitles.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJJffxEss0

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good stuff I enjoyed that

RoadMan repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

RoadMan repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have been thinking about my blog a lot lately. At the time of writing, Dani is not even on my Honorable Mention. No 25 year old deserves a place there..... yet, but Dani Carvajal probably would become the greatest ever rightback for this club. At the time of writing, I have Chendo and Ramos as my right backs. Ramos got his selection there because I can't fit him as a centerback. I already have Hierro, Santamaria, Sanchis Jr and Quincoces.

Salgado was on my "Honorable Mention", but Arbeloa is not. Arbeloa was an active player when I started the blog. I am now reexamining his career. I have to look at other players whom I did not select as honorable mention. I just put Grosso on the list. Guti is not on the list and I forgot why Ivan Zamorano is there. They are all borderline cases.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I have a huge, huge soft spot for Salgado. Love that dude, he was highly underrated in his time here, and even in his late years here when he got up there in age, he still made a big difference going up. Even to this day, I enjoy hearing him talk about the club.

Doni, Digital, Excape Goat and 3 others repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ohh wow. Same. I always thought he wasn't ever given the respect he deserved. Extremely underrated Madridista. I also really enjoyed him doing pre match shows etc when he was at Bein. Speaks great English. Awesome, honest player.

In the Dani doc he says that Salgado was the one he idolized and always looked up to.

Excape Goat, S1na, RoadMan and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Salgado was one of the top RBs from 1999-2003 at RM. Started regressing from 2004 onwards though he wasn't that old. Same happened with Helguera and Raul during 2004-06 period.

Excape Goat repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best Right back in the world!

If he isn't included in the World XI this year, that thing is rigged or biased. This guy is head and shoulders above any other RB in the game right now, PERIOD.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Carvajal-the-worlds-best-right-back

Couldn't have said it better myself. DaniLOL is shit compared to Carvajal. Thank goodness he is gone. Real Madrid needs players with Cojones.

S1na, Halycon and Excape Goat repped this.
  10. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did Dani get injure ?

11. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yoanaidarov repped this.
  12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To be honest, Carvajal is the best RB in the world, but partially due to lack of quality full backs.
    He has been great for us, but would occasionally be beaten quite easily at times and I would be much more comfortable if he can improve his defensive game a bit. I still think he fits our system and I don't care if there were better RBs elsewhere... no one will have his fighting spirit.

13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah. I have to agree that the quality of RB's really went down with Lahm retiring and Alves aging.

14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we should get a player to compete with Dani on RB. He doesn't have to challenge the starting spot but just to light some fire under.

15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    How do you light some fire under but not challenge for the starting spot?

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata to Benzema last season. Danilo to Carvajal.

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I see no resemblance in what Morata did to Benzema and then what Danilo did to Carvajal.

4x4s repped this.
  18. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude needs to wake up, hes been pretty bad so far

jgun07 repped this.
  19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Its still early so I don't doubt he'll get into form sooner or later. But he needs a proper backup/competition.

Lyra, Digital and temesgen repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    S1na, Lyra, Ahmadi8 and 4 others repped this.
  21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good news, hopefully it'll get him back on track because since the preseason started he hasn't been nearly as good as he usually is.

Zidane05 repped this.
  22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the press conference for his extension, Dani was asked if he imagines himself being captain one day.

He said he would be lying if he said he hadn't thought about it. He said it would be an honor and he hopes to one day, but Sergio is our current captain and he is doing a tremendous job.

It would be fantastic to see another RM lifer academy product wear the armband one day

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Dude laid the foundation (literally) for the Alfredo Di Stefano stadium and is Madrid through and through. Great to have Canteranos like him.

Now improve your form buddy. You've been bad so far. :D

24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He is certainly captain material, but he has Varane ahead of him in the pecking order. Unfortunate for Dani but fantastic for us, those two as captain and vice captain sounds perfect.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Carva has a lot of growing up to do before he can lead a dressing room, he is quite immature off the field. Not in a bad way though.

Rafa's personality on the other hand lends itself very well to leadership role.

MerlinRM and russian hattie repped this.