Results are not Titles - Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Man City reportedly paying 58MM EUR (!) for Mendy. Crazy how Premier League teams consistently pay so much more for the same talent. Still can't believe how little we got for James.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, PSG is a mickey mouse choker outfit until proven otherwise

Mancs or Chelsea or honestly Atleti more likely to join the T3 (if Atleti isn't in that tier already).

Juve looked like they were potentially on the way there but I think they'll regress now.

3. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That 4th spot in the big 3 discussion alternates between PSG, Chelsea, Atleti and Juve. I think its between Atleti/Juve atm though.

4. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    222 million for Neymar will be a good deal for Barca in the long run, if they spend that money wisely (good chance they won't) on the right players in the right positions.

Neymar is Brazilian and he likes to party. I reckon that we've already seen his peak in 2015 and he won't get any better from here onwards.

If Barca spend that crazy amount of money on Dembele and some talented midfielders (Fabinho, Keita), although they will be weaker in 2017/18, I reckon they will be better in the long run.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's such a dumb stereotype. Like Brazilians are the only ones that like to party, and anyone who parties will ruin his career.

meringues, RMSocrates and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    What the ******** at some of the comments by people on here.

You do realise it was ********ing Neymar who powered them to the biggest comeback in UCL history last season, refs or not he was the driving force.

The amount of times he has saved them in the last season alone I will be glad to see the back of him. He is atm easily one of the top 5 best attacking players in the world, you can't replace that sort of talent not even with 222me. Suarez and Messi are heading into the twilight years and Barca has once again lost it's best young player. Not to mention all the South American/Brasilian sponsorship (which is massive btw) that will go with him.

Neymar had 20 goals and 20 assists last season, 12 MotM awards, 3 Key Passes/game (the most in La Liga), 5.6 successful dribbles/game (the most in La Liga/Messi was second with 3.6), the moust fouled player in La Liga, had the 3rd most throughballs and broke the single season record for the most assists in a single UCL campaign. As much as I hate the diving bastard, I recognise he is a special talent. I will be glad to see him take all that talent out of Barcelona.

lol@the people saying he peaked at 24....even more so at those that think Barcelona will be able to use that money to make the team better, ********ing hilarious.

So ********ing happy if he leaves to PSG, our job will get a million times easier.

7. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So it looks like PSG could get both Neymar and Alexis (!!)

Feels like the new galacticos - the oilacticos

...yeah I'll get my coat

PigBenis, Doni, HZinho and 8 others repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FYP

Aimar 21, CR7PT, Strokedoc and 16 others repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Arnautovic will cost West Ham 57 mil. and will earn almost 6 mil. Euro.

It's almost as predicted. Person A and Person B suddenly earn three times as much as they did, Person A sells his cheese as three times the price, Person B sells his bread at three times the price. Nobody is richer than he was. The Premier League has, besides exceptions like Morata, spent most of their money buying players off each other, pretty much only changing the balance in the domestic competition.

natenate101 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah i know we are supposed to hate all things Barcelona and we do, but he's a fantastic player. Losing him will spell that Barcelona is in disarray imo

11. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Last I heard he was going for 27 mil euros which, still high, but more acceptable for someone like Arnautovic.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yeah he is all of that but the problem I see is that Barca managment may not see it that way. They worship Messi and still at 30 insist in building the team around him instead of Neymar.
    Barca is Messi + 10 players.
    I don't think Neymar wants to be there and wait 3 more seasons while Messi gets all the praise.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #888 4x4s, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    How weird to see Barca fight tooth and nail to hold a player who joined them for the "sporting project" and is "close friends" with Messi.

Meeting in New Jarsey between Neymar and the club's president, Neymar telling him why he wants to leave, club asked for "more time", probably to either line up replacements, or get together the money to keep him.

S1na, HZinho and Digital repped this.
  14. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they've switched off the printers and copy machines

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Neymar is about to destroy that club lol. Even if they're able to keep him with 30ME net, they have to give Messi a another renewal to beat that next year.

That's having two players on around 120ME in wages.

They get no help or subsidiary through image rights.

Scary

Crimson repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in this entire deal. It makes other players approacheable when you sell them as equals publically.

17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Neymar is probably the best player on the planet that is actually available. That said a move has a variety of risk for reasons we've already discussed.

Crimson repped this.
  18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I have just read article about Neymar filming commercial with Ganso and he was surprised how he got less money than the latter despite they had the same figure in contract. Guess what, his father took nice chunk of it. Dude is robbing his own child, lmfao.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  19. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Really want this Neymar thing to be done. ESPN's acting like he's gone already but betting market still only has it as 60/40 that he leaves and I saw a stupid rumor somewhere that he's been convinced by his teammates to stay but is worried things are too far along.

He was always the one player on Barca that I liked. Would be great to see him leave so I could actually root for him sometimes.

BTW, this whole narrative that he's leaving to step out of Messi's shadow or because his father's manipulating him is BS. If you can double your salary to be the biggest athlete in France while living in Paris, like why wouldn't you? 30MM year tax free >>> 16MM year tax free.

20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be more interesting what Barca will do. a lot of cash but who will buy? Dybala way too important for Juve.. Dembele probably but Borussia will also want stick till the end withhim.

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    In any case they are downgrading for a premium price.

prenos.gif

22. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In this crazy market, 220ME for the third best player in the world isn't too crazy. But the real big disadvantage to Barca is: clubs will know they have 200+ME, and they will milk them to the last cent for their star players. Dembele would suddenly cost more than 100ME, not to mention Dybala.

Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Was it the 23andme commercial where neymar's DNA confirms he's from Cameroon? Lol

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see this Neymar thing happening. Barca management is not that stupid to let a player with such caliber to just go.

25. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Prolly gonna be more than just 220ME. Neymar dad needs to get his cut as well, so prolly around 250-260ME.