Result of Mexico vs USMNT

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by killedelvis, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, If México scores first, the game is sealed. It is hard to believe that the U.S. can tie in Azteca when they haven't scored there in a while (10 years or more, cannot recall). And never in history have they won in Azteca.

2. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other side of the coin for the Mexican to score first they will have to attack and attack which is something Mexico is not good at. La Volpe has been quoted as saying that the key to victory (he's been quoted at least 3 keys thus far stay tuned for more) is to slow the US down. LaVolpe is aware of Eddie Johnson and Damarcus Beasly and in order to that Mexico will have to keep the ball tight thus no attack for fear of the counter attack. Be ready for a lot of off side trap Bull chit. (but if I was Mexico I do exactly that).

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The United States was down 1:0 at Jamaica on August 18, 2004 and down 1:0 at Panama on September 8, 2004 (both in the semifinal round of qualifying) and both games were draws. I don't know when the last time the United States was down multiple goals was.

4. NATHAN31

NATHAN31 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    The USMNT is clearly the superior team in CONCACAF now and have been for about 5 years now!!!!!This will be brought to the world's attention on sunday!!Then who knows for sure?Will the World Cup title be ours in 2006?That remains to be determined.Mark my words the USMNT will be a top 5 side by time the World Cup starts in Germany in 2006!!!!!

5. NATHAN31

NATHAN31 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    The match will be a historic win for the USMNT score is going to be US 2 Mexico 0!!!!!GET USED TO THIS RESULT !!!!!

6. manu11

manu11 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Old Trafford
    I think that USA will definitely win. The game will be very close, a 1-0 result for the U.S. I think that the U.S. is better than Mexico. It'll be a tough game, but exciting to watch.

Go USA!!!

7. Sir Slickniss

Sir Slickniss New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles

How old are you Nathan....well that doesnt matter. Hmm i think the U.S. is something called Over-Confident....and that isnt good for any team. First of all its The Azteca. Its one of the best Home Field Advantage Stadiums in the world, the U.S. has never beaten mexico in their and you guys are predicting an easy win. Not just an easy win but actually asking if its possible that the U.S. could win the 06 world cup. Please people, lets be realistic. both teams are at their best. instead of talking crap and thinking your better than someone. let it be handled in the game....I have nothing against the american team but since when have they been the superior team in Concacaf, wouldnt that mean that they would be number one in the ranks....

8. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with some of the posters above. Mexico's psychology is key. I'd love to think otherwise (and I hope I'm wrong), but I see Mexico scoring very early, which gives them a huge boost of confidence. I don't see the US being shut out, but I'm predicting 2-1 Mexico, or even 3-1. Yuck.

9. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    I think he means being down against Mexico. Panama and Jamaica are not Mexico, nor did they play those games at Azteca

10. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL, Hahahahahahahaha, now that's what I call a bad joke! U.S. winning world cup? What are you writing about? Top 5? The things people write when they don't know soccer. First of all, if U.S. beats Mexico (No way in hell is it going to happen), the rest of the soccer world won't even care. You think that by beating Mexico that the U.S. can be considered a world force, how can that be if Mexico is not a world power? Please you're flying, step on the ground. After the game on sunday I'll come back and laugh some more. :)

11. JoeDub83

JoeDub83 New Member

Oct 20, 2001
    MISSOULA,MT 420
    USA 1 Mexico 0 or maybe the reverse of that.....this game is gonna be effin AWESOME. Honestly the Mexicans will want to pummel us if we win so I'm scared to see what happens if we do.....Would Mexico Riot?

12. jmsullivan

jmsullivan Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Fairhaven Ma.
    Mexico "earns" the draw/win on a late game penalty.

13. jmsullivan

jmsullivan Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Fairhaven Ma.
    Mexico "earns" the draw/win on a late game controversial penalty.

14. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far (through 982 votes), the predominantly US fans on this board are 52% for a US win, 25% for a draw and 23% for a Mexico win.

In addition, 28% think that Mexico will fail to break down the US defense and 15% think that the US will fail to score.

So 52% of the voters think we'll accomplish something that we've NEVER done before (win at Azteca) and 85% think we'll do something we haven't done in something like 10 years (score there).

I think we'll score - we're much better at attacking & finishing that we have been in a long time - but my head says we won't break the other streak - I'm down for a 1-1 draw.

15. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm obviously rooting for the US but I'm being cautiosly optimistic about this game. We all remember what happened in Guadalajara last year - OK that was only an olympic qualifier - but you can never be too sure when actually going to Mexico - especially the Azteca. A draw will do nicely for me.

16. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    It should say "3-27-05" Not "5-27-05". Dunno if anyone mentioend that.

17. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Wow. I am out of it. the other game. Right. Disregard, please.

18. Inamsay

Inamsay New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Whoa, hold your horses US fans. The US team has gained Mexico's respect, ill give you that. It was exactly why they beat the Mexican team on the World Cup, Mexico played with no repect to the US, after beating Croatia, Ecuador and Almosst beating Italy, if not for the Italian las minute tied. With this, why would Mexico respect the USA? Well, it costed the Mexican team the elimination.
    But beware, because even thought the US team is now respected it is not believed superior to Mexico. The Mexican team is still the best in CONCACAF, if not look at the World Rankings.

The US team will not leave the Azteca with a victory. Count on it

Inamsay

19. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Finally someone that knows some soccer and has some common sense! :)

20. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Yes. The world rankings. My bible.

21. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't mistake the actual US National Team and its players for the US fans on this board. If you think for a second that Arena and his team are going into this expecting it to be a walk in the park, then you are a fool.

22. fjht

fjht New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Well, i think if mexico scores in the first 30 minutes of the game, its going to be a nightmare for the usa, i think the score will be 2-0 Mexico, I dont think the USA players could score a goal in the azteca stadium, not tomorrow, I think the real game between USA and Mexico will be when they play here in the US, my mind is prepared for a lose tomorrow.

And the sound of the 110,000 fans in the stadium is unbelievable, I attended the game back in 2000, and I was speechless, and amazed of the stadium and of the chants of the fans.

GOOD LUCK US TEAM

23. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really.
    Respect of the Mexican team. Not based on what I've seen in the last week in interviews and such. And the talking heads are really disrespecting the US.

24. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The World rankings are a joke.
    Reduce the time of the rankings to 4 years.
    Then I'll take them more seriously.

25. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh*
    for the second time.....OOPS!
    Sorry.