Rest of the World Football v9.1 [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 30, 2009.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Continued from here.

2. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    firstish

screw man u
    screw chelsea
    screw liverpool
    screw arsenal

and all of you who support them you front running wagon jumpers

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling Gooners glory hunters borders on the absurd.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, who can even remember that undefeated season from way back in 2003/04? Today's Arsenal is the same as the rest of the big clubs.

5. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Arsenal was completely and totally hosed at ManU. How is one a pk and not the other?

Crouch again illustrates what other sports have known for some time, there is no defense for height that can move. You simply have to suffer. Occasionally if I have to suffer comedic barbs about being a fan of soccer, I let my tall athletic friends know how much he's making.

6. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to Old Trafford lol

/agree

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP, it happens more than just at Old Trafford, the home team gets the call and the visitors don't.

There was a study put out a little while ago (I'll try to find the link when I get home), that looked at Bundesliga games and found that referees are influenced by the home crowd.

8. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noooooo! :rolleyes:

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL - While there are many (especially with United, Chelsea and neo Gooner football puritan chai drinking yuppie assholes) I was standing on the Northbank at Highbury at a point in time when Arsenal had not won a trophy in fifteen long years. Quite proud of this, and quite ashamed at how fickle and weak ass the new Gooners are -- but then they just pretend 'to be a'.

11. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when are they planning on reviewing every case of possible referee deception from this week to hand out the suspensions? Since it was ludicrous for Wenger to call Eduardo's case a "witch hunt," it's got to be coming soon.

I wish I could put a :D at the end of this to show that I'm joking, but then I'd be lying to you all.

12. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No shit.

Yes, it was a dive. No, it wasn't the first and it won't be the last.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the enforcement IF and ONLY IF they start enforcing the same punishment for everyone. Not the best time for a ban for Eduardo, but at least it's not after the first of the year.

13. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other news from the Euro refereeing world: The Europa League will go with 6 referees - the current 4 + 2 goal line referees who will be in uniform, with radio communication, but no flags. They're to help with goal and penalty area decisions.

14. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Champions League group Arsenal drew should not be hard enough for us to really notice Eduardo being gone, if we can't romp through without him there is no point continuing. Think its a pretty shitty state of affairs all around but at least now the English FA can piss and whine like the Scottish one did when our teams ********ing blow and wind up losing pathetically on the road and at home .....

15. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the only time a player should be punished is in a close match?

The PK most likely had no effect on the aggregate, Arsenal was clearly the better side, but the fact remains that Eduardo went down with no contact in an attempt to "earn" the penalty.

16. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the point. We're arguing because the rule has only been enforced as: the only time a player should be punished is if his name is Eduardo and he happens to play for Arsenal.

Hence why nobody in the Arsenal camp can figure out why the world of football is so obsessed with Eduardo's dive. I saw a handful of worse ones watching bits and pieces of action on FSC this Saturday...yet, there's no uproar from the media, there's no suspensions, there's nothing.

"Witch hunt: the searching out and deliberate harassment of those with unpopular views."*
    I don't think Arsene could've picked a better way to describe the situation.

*-courtesy of Merriam-Webster

17. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure I speak for 99% of us here but divers suck. You 1% know who you are. hehe

I'd love to see them punished but there is no realistic way to do this unless they review each and every single game and then top it off with a panel to review each suspected instance. I guess that's one way to create jobs in a recession. :rolleyes:

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Does the English FA use video review to punish players retroactively for diving in EPL games? From reading the statement, it sounds like FIFA doesn't do it for their competitions. I know the Eduardo incident was investigated by UEFA. I'm sure there have been other Champions League games with blatant dives, just saying that could be part of it.

19. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really need to take off your Arsenal colored glasses.

Simulation is simulation regardless of who the teams are or what the score is. No one is picking on Arsenal or Eduardo.

20. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're off, yet I still see Eduardo as the only one that's been suspended 2 games...

Damn my bias, I wish I could see the side where every instance has lead to a ban.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff does make a good point on this, mainly the fact that Eduardo was investigated for a dive in a UEFA competition. There haven't been many UEFA competition games since then. That's part of the reason why he's the only one with a suspension. We'll see if it's a witch hunt by UEFA once Qualifiers, Champion's League, and Europa League kick off again.

22. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we will see. I have a feeling I'm about to be pissed.

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly I have a feeling you will be, which means I'll be pissed hearing Arsenal fans justifiably whine about it.

24. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you:D

25. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004