Renato Sanches: Fly Like an Eagle

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Sumol, Mar 29, 2016.

1. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's too bad that none of he, Pogba or Herrera could play as a 6 because that midfield would be dynamic

2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    read some wear milan stalling on paying the price and manure back in for him

3. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Chelsea are in for him.

Man U don't need him. Journalists were just associating him with Man U to sell papers. Everybody is linked to Man U.

4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea actually makes sense for him. Conte would absolutely love him

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ironic that certain Benfica dick riders around here only seem to chime in when the narrative fits their wet dream. Unfortunately, Sanches sucks and is overrated. A product of a corrupt footballing country and media that can't stop obsessing over the trash from Seixal.

RENATO SANCHES: FORAM LANCES COMO ESTES QUE MOTIVARAM A IRA DOS ADEPTOS DO BAYERN
    O Bayern Munique foi derrotado por 3-0 pelo Liverpool na Audi Cup e mais preocupante do que o resultado foi a exibição da equipa, da qual Renato Sanches fez parte a partir dos 21 minutos (entrou para o lugar do lesionado Thiago Alcântara). O médio internacional português não conseguiu ser exceção no mau desempenho geral dos bávaros e acabou por ser alvo de críticas e de comentários abusivos nas redes sociais. Estas imagens mostram alguns lances de Renato Sanches onde este evidenciou dificuldades na cobertura defensiva.

http://www.record.pt/multimedia/vid...ue-motivaram-a-ira-dos-adeptos-do-bayern.html

He also got a yellow card minutes after coming on.

6. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is your sole purpose of existence to wake up each morning and google up dirt on Renato Sanches and spread it through the internet like wildfire? You are obviously threatened by his capability.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  7. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern now wants to keep him.

I'm not sure who knows more about soccer though, scp16 or the Bayern coach and board?

8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It comes down to this sumol: Benfica has always been about winning and Sporting has been about developing players. They always had an excuse for their shortcomings. Now, Benfica is producing players AND still winning. So their excuses don't make sense. But instead of realizing their team has its problems, they look at a kid who helped Portugal win a euro and was a standout for both club and country, and maybe made a leap too soon or at least to a club with multiple world class midfielders ahead of him. They mock him, "see Benfica can't create quality, only Sporting". Well, sporting can't win.

Renato will jump back. Bayern wants to keep him. Milan, Liverpool, United and Chelsea are all after him. 5 first class clubs don't fight over someone who sucks.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Correction, Benfica has been about corruption and with the recent email scandal, it has already been proven. That fact is also bolstered by the fact that SLB is by far the most popular club in Portugal, meaning league officials and all the douchebags who run the media outlets and tabloids love to slob on Benfica's knob. That's how Sanches was created, by the media's slob-fest of yet another overrated prospect. Yes, Sanches had a great game against Poland, but slowly disappeared after that and was relegated to the bench. He contributed nothing onward.

Yea, all these big clubs are after him, and yet he's still at Bayern. Right.

You guys fail to see my argument and actually reply to content in my posts, but instead, jump blindly to Sanches' defense without even acknowledging what I posted. He's proven time and again, that he is not really that good. He just isn't. Accept it. Just like Andre Gomes and just like Guedes. Not that good.

But he came from SLB so all you homers just keep slobbing him up, which makes it even easier to come back and post here.

10. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    #310 portugamerifinn, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Counterpoint: If Sanches were simply and officially "not really that good," Bayern absolutely would've cut its losses and moved him somewhere else, especially if any of the rumored interest was even like 20% percent true. What part of Bayern not selling/loaning Sanches and also keeping him on the first team says, "We've accepted that Sanches essentially sucks"? Remember Bebe at Man U? That is what happens when a huge team buys a guy and then realizes it made a grave mistake.

Go watch his highlights from Bayern's match against Napoli the other day (there are videos on YouTube with his every touch) and you'll see that he played quite well. He dropped two passes over the top of the defense from 30-40 yards away onto the foot of a teammate in the goal or penalty area with no defender between them and the keeper, yet each time the opportunity was wasted through no fault of Sanches'. He also had a would-be goal blindly deflected just wide of goal. And those examples say nothing of the runs he made right through the middle of the pitch to single-handedly create an attack.

He's not a constant or consistent influence on the game, but he's a 19-year-old midfielder with a pretty unique skillset and the ability to do things on his own to create chances. He has plenty of room for improvement, but ignoring what he's capable of is a choice to be blind to his positives.

I think most of us have pretty realistic expectations of Sanches right now, then some have given up on him because he adjusted slowly and poorly to a new team where he was destined to rarely play anyway. He's not a god, but he's also not old news because he didn't take the Bundesliga by storm as a teenager.

P.S. I don't care which Portuguese club developed Sanches' game.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  11. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005

Anyone who questions his talent is a retard, I don't give a ******** who you are. He's achieved at the age of 18 what 99.9% of players will never achieve in their professional careers. Anyone, be it Ancelotti or whoever else, that thinks such talent magically appears and then fades away is ********ing stupid.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Loaned to Swansea. What a GIANT.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::laugh::laugh::laugh:

13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great move! Hell play week in and week out!

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paul Clemet worked under Ancelotti at Chelsea, PSG, Madrid and Bayern.

The fact that Renato is going to Clement, someone that Ancelotti trusts, on loan, and will play week in week out in the premier league, is absolutely great.

15. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I'd classify this under the "Best scenario of worst scenarios", as at the end of the day, he's moving to Swansea after having left Benfica. Does not compute.

He is being grossly mishandled by those around him. @SCP_16 will obviously disagree, but the fact is, you don't show the quality Renato showed as an 18 year old and just regress. Even then, he was playing at level above the majority of footballers, but apparently he's a special case among the human species where people actually believe that the year-long consistent performances, that continually increased in quality, was a 'fluke'. Yeah, right.

A large problem, at least from what I can tell, seems to be his attitude. I absolve him of this only because of his age, as again, I feel it is important for those around him to understand what is going on and guide him accordingly. Jerome Boateng has said in an interview something along the lines of Renato being the player that 'complains' the most in regards to training, a sign of immaturity and likely something that only got worse the less and less he felt valued at the club.

There also seems to be a falsehood that is perpetuated that Renato has been absolute dog crap for Bayern. In reality, I believe it's simply a case of him 'turning it up' when he feels motivated. This is clear in the fact that his best performances for Bayern have come in Champions League games (a clear motivator) as well as in pre-season games recently when discussions of Bayern selling him were at all-time highs. It is because of his performance against Chelsea this pre-season, that everyone lost their shit over, that Rummenigge decided that the only way he left was on loan.

Bayern vs. Atletico last season:
    https://bayerncentral.onefootball.com/2016/12/atletico-1-0-championsleague16-group-player-ratings/
    "Renato Sanches and Robert Lewandowski were the top dogs in Bayern’s win against Atlético de Madrid on Tuesday."

Rostov vs. Bayern last season:
    https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...is-bayern-munich-champions-league-2016-rostov
    "On a positive note - one of very few - Renato Sanches had an excellent, energetic game. "

Chelsea vs.. Bayern this pre season
    http://thebavarians.info/bayern-player-ratings-after-entertaining-win-over-chelsea/
    "Renato Sanches(8/10)"
    Performance was so good that it got Chelsea's interest
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...n-manchester-united-in-race-for-a3598191.html

So this kid who started for Benfica and Portugal at 18 and whose best performances for Bayern come against Champions League quality opposition, is actually a complete dud?
    Give me a ********ing break.

When I heard Rui Jorge say that U-21 was Renato's "level" I never wanted to dropkick someone in the throat so bad. Guy is just jealous Renato at Euro 2016 was more important to Portugal than Rui Jorge ever was.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Hopefully the kid is mature enough for England.

17. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Shouldn't have left Benfica so soon, and definitely not to Bayern. They have no history of Portuguese players for a reason. Expecting an 18 year old kid to acclimate to such a different environment, while having to compete against one of the most stacked midfields in recent years, is naive at best, retarded at worst.

18. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    This is a very good loan outcome. I've seen rumors about RS going to clubs like Liverpool that just made me think, "Well, he's not going to play consistently there either." At Swansea he'll play a lot in a top league for a club that will finish mid-table, so there's no undue pressure to carry the club to the top four or anything like that. Now it's just up to RS to put in the work. I still have very high hopes for him.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  19. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There cant be much to do in Wales

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Speaking from experience?

21. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Swansea, Wales isn't on my list of places to visit. If it's anything like Swansea, MA then yes, there's nothing to do there.

22. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Hopefully he does what is required to get himself to Russia next summer.

A player starting a Euro final at 18 and then not even making the 23-man squad for a tournament 2 years later is a travesty.

23. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's like the best move he could have made at this point in his career. Guaranteed minutes in the prem before a World Cup? I'll take it.

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So if he can't play consistently at LFC either, what is the reason for that? Why is he so highly rated?

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Guaranteed minutes? Says who?

I just don't understand how this dude is so highly rated. Boggles the f*cking mind. Jesus christ.